When did you last experience your last moment of clarity when gaming?

This is a discussion on When did you last experience your last moment of clarity when gaming? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Every gamer at some point will have a moment of clarity in a game or a specific moment in a ...

Game on....

When did you last experience your last moment of clarity when gaming?

Every gamer at some point will have a moment of clarity in a game or a specific moment in a game will which will rekindle the passion for playing games in the first place. I have to be honest and say sometimes trophies will take away the fun from games and turn a game into a checklist of things to do. I am currently playing Dark Souls at the moment and i decided to not focus on the trophies and just enjoy the game and i have been enjoying it way too much. I know that if i focused on getting the platinum, i could of achieved it within a week but the fun and enjoyment would of been lost to a point. My recent moment of clarity in gaming has to be playing Dark Souls and playing for over 100 hours end enjoying every single hour. What about you?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Mine would be when I bought another PlayStation 2 back in the Summer to replay my favourite games, and remembered how excellent RPG's can be.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    My recent moment of clarity in gaming has to be playing Dark Souls and playing for over 100 hours end enjoying every single hour.

Same for me. This is one of the of the best games around.

Local Drunk

I'd say when I first played Fallout 3 and was just totally taken in by the story. I don't know how many hours I spent playing that and I remembered how much fun games can be, also made me wish I bought my PS3 earlier.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Playing games like Heavy Rain that can never be experienced again.

Nope, nothing

God of War 3 put a smile on my face, kinda like this one

Also Red Dead Redemption made me glad to be a gamer.

And many many other games when I keep thinking about it

A plat a month!

Two games come to mind. Even though I consider myself a hunter, both Infamous 2 and Mass Effect to I find quite refreshing. I'm enjoying every moment of those games!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't know about have "moment of clarity" but I have like a really hard time replaying a game but InFamous 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum were too much fun that I played them so many times
    Well it just felt good playing them I wasn't frustrated at all I even came to a point where I just couldn't win but I still felt like it was a great experience, quit playing for a week came back finished in one day

Closing this account

For me it has to be platinum FFXII. My first RPG I had ever played on the ps3. You know that feeling you get when you finally get some yum yum for the first time? Thats how I felt. I got back to it every now and then to hear that story again and again.