Many PSN Error Codes; Please read!

This is a discussion on Many PSN Error Codes; Please read! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello, long time no post. So recently, my old (nearly 6+ year) PS3 started to faulter on me. Games would ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Many PSN Error Codes; Please read!

Hello, long time no post. So recently, my old (nearly 6+ year) PS3 started to faulter on me. Games would constantly freeze or lock up in many various and random ways. It'd overheat within 10 minutes of being turned on (even without a heavy load running). It was the 120GB Slim model, got it Dec 2009. So for my birthday this year, instead of upgrading OTHER things I need (ie my good PC monitor also died) I bought a brand new (never, ever preowned) 500GB Superslim model from Amazon.

I followed the details on this page to the T: https://support.us.playstation.com/a...ansfer-utility

Everything seemed fine, and it still does in 'some' ways. I activated the new system, did everything right or so I am pretty certain. And now, I just keep getting effin' tons of PSN error codes; to be fair, my Lady whom is on the same network as me has had a few error codes the last few days, but not nearly as many as I am getting. It all "seems" to be directed at a PSN error (it finds my internet, IP, etc to which I have a VERY strong connection), which seems odd. When I go to Sync Trophies, it'll get to about 5% then hang really slowly til it gets to about 7-8% then the famous "error has occurred, cannot connect to PSN, have been disconnected" blah blah bullsh*t. I figured perhaps playing a game and attaining a new trophy and then attempting the Sync again might fix, to no avail. Even when I have PS+ run, it'll sit there for 10 minutes doing nothing (no yellow blinking light) and even if there is save data to upload AND a trophy, when the system turns back on it'll only have uploaded the save, not the trophies. Something is f*cking up and I have no idea what.

I had looked into my Router, released/renewed the IP, checked all wired cables - et cetera. A friend of mine thinks that MAYBE when I did the data transfer, something was corrupt on the old system (which had been causing the overheats and crashing) and it transferred to the new system. If that is the case, then I am probably looking at doing the feared FULL PS3 system restore, and just starting over without doing a data transfer (ie losing any save data that wasn't uploaded to Plus and having to reinstall freakin 100+gb of stuff).

Anyway, I just thought maybe others had run into this crap and could have a few words of advice for me, and what I should do. Because it really sucks getting a spankin' brand new system and immediately having issues.

Thanks for listening and understanding.

-kryyptyyk

Edit*- I should add that even though syncing trophies hangs, it for some reason still sent the new trophy to the server, even appearing on FB. Just effin' odd, I tell you.

illegal in 9 countries

It's nothing to worry about. In a nutshell, 2547 trophies are attempting to sync from the PSN to your PS3. Syncing that many trophies at once always results in errors. It's the PSN, not your PS3 or router or ISP causing the issue.

The simple answer is give it time and just keep trying. I've got a PS3 with over 5000 trophies to sync from the PSN and I haven't even bothered a full sync attempt since I use the VIta, PS4 and PSN.Profiles (seriously...this petty word filtering is still going on?) to view my trophies.

New trophies earned on the PS3 will sync FIRST, at around the 3-5% mark. That's why they're uploading and your trophies on the PSN will be correct. As long as that happens and you can access your trophies online, the errors are safe to ignore. Otherwise, as mentioned, just keep trying and it'll sync eventually.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Awesome, thanks! Yeah I'm trying this one method that says (especially after a data transfer) to go through ALL installed games, just launch each one up individually to ensure all proper data is definitely installed and accounted for. And if that doesn't help, my friend(s) keep telling me to run Restore File System, that it WILL NOT hurt the system, and WILL fix any possible data errors. So, we'll see. I'd rather it work right, than find workarounds.

Edit*- Okay I did this method (launch all installed games), then rebooted system to update save data. Went to sync trophies, it started at 2% this time and timed out THEN switched itself into offline mode to sync, it is now slowly crawling along but is past 17%! So, I guess that is something haha.

Edit 2*- Well, still no luck. I'll keep trying to force it. It'd be wonderful to be able to open up my Trophies to see what I'm working on, lol. Oh well, could be worse I guess.
    Last edited by SoS-kryyptyyk; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:13 PM. Reason: Update - again.