Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why EA is terrible

This is a discussion on Why EA is terrible within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I read it as well, you know how many games are out by different publishers that also don't seem to ...

PRO Member

I read it as well, you know how many games are out by different publishers that also don't seem to care about their gamers. Slant Six, Zipper (to an extent).

Gotham's Reckoning

I like EA althought not as much as I used to although they would gain my respect again if they would stop shutting down the online servers for games that have online trophies that renders getting the plat impossible if you haven't gotten them already.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 5 - Silver

who gives a shit, if they keep making good games i will buy them, the rest i couldn't care less about
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden View Post
    who gives a shit, if they keep making good games i will buy them, the rest i couldn't care less about
    Same

Lvl 8 - Gold

Any validity to this guys statements?

I'm not too into trusting some random thing posting on the internet where the user claims to work for a company. So is there anyway to validate what this guy has been saying?

PRO Member

Ok, so let me get this straight...

EA, the company who opened the door for more new IPs in the last 3 years than any other publisher (excluding MSoft and Sony who would be 1 and 2 respectively if you include XBL/PSN games), is terrible because of some account from a digruntled employee about being treated like how 90% of the gaming industry treats their employees?

I'm so fucking confused, I got news for everybody and for this asshole. If you really want to be treated well and have a nice, stable job working with innovative technologies... I wouldn't go into the video-game industry.

Across the whole industry benefits are terrible, pay (relative to hours worked) is terrible, and nobody's job is stable. Your employment is evaluated everytime a game goes gold.

I have friends who work out there, everybody is constantly changing companies. Unless you get a lead/senior/producer position chances are you don't work for a company for more than a couple years (or more than a project or two). Everybody works 60-90 hour work weeks. Every studio has big layoffs a few weeks after a game goes gold, but then will hire back the a huge number of people once the next game starts. Almost every studio has tense work environments due to tight deadlines and even tighter budgets (made worse by the hours people work)...

Most of the guys out there work like a Petroleum Engineer does, you work non-stop for months on end, save up a wad of cash, then have a few months where you have no work and thats when you re-coup. Rinse and repeat.

This goes triple-y so when you work for an in-house developer under a publisher... Chances are whatever you are working on isn't particularly important, otherwise the publisher would have a fully-fledged developer.

And this, of course, is assuming this guy is actually an employee and not some random asshole who hates EA (like any one of a few thousand different gaming-forum frequenters) and posted this hoping it would garner some bad press.
    Last edited by Gauss; 10-26-2011 at 07:50 AM.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

I make my own mayo!

That's an excellent point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Any validity to this guys statements?

I'm not too into trusting some random thing posting on the internet where the user claims to work for a company. So is there anyway to validate what this guy has been saying?

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't like EA, but I like their games. Bioware games, and stuff. Games for which EA is the publisher but not developer itself.

I hate their Online Passes. I hate their lousy 2-page manuals. They cut down costs but the games cost the same.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12