Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Tortuous Life of an American Teenage Gamer

This is a discussion on The Tortuous Life of an American Teenage Gamer within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Money troubles in Nz suck major donkey balls. New game in Nz = $98 USD other than that, not much ...

Banned

Money troubles in Nz suck major donkey balls.

New game in Nz = $98 USD

other than that, not much really, except school and all those other things that are not really problems but more like annoyances.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Gaming kept me outta trouble! I was encouraged by my grandparents to game cuz it kept me from hanging out with "those" kids! Everytime I hung out with other kids, trouble would follow. I just had a knack for having mischievous friends! Gaming kept me away from drugs and legal trouble! Now, I am a Cop in the USAF, and I still game. Oh, btw, games won't sleep with your girls either, but your "friends" will!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Well I can't blame you for trying.

The only solution in this case is for your mother to go fuck herself. With a rusty pair of Hand Mixer prongs, preferably.

......d-don't tell her I said that though....*gulp!
    LMAO.

-------

Dude, your in AP Calc, that grade is good enough! Make your mom try and do that mumbo jumbo.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    B-, that isn't that bad is it? especially if it's not your strongest subject and you did better in the other subjects, a bit harsh if you ask me...
    That pretty dumb not every1 can be a straight A student. The only real time I got grounded for my grades when I failed all my classes and when I quit summer school I got 2 weeks of no Internet for both.now my grades are much better I'm glad i don't have strict parents

Lvl 6 - Silver

This reminds me of the time my parents kept pestering me to study for my end of the year exam in high school 5 years ago. They'd pop in, gripe about me playing games or reading books and tell me to get some study done. I didn't get anything like an A or 100% but I did pass my exams and went on to college .

Also I think this song kinda applies to this situation

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    When I read 'torturous life' in the title of this thread and then read the first post, I had to laugh. If this is as bad as your life gets, you're very lucky, my friend.
    My advice to any school-going gamer is to give up gaming til you finish. It is too good a hobby and far too addictive to have a good affect on how you tackle your schoolwork. I'm all for gaming responsibly if you can afford it, but I don't think gaming seriously and concentrating on your schoolwork goes hand in hand. I was a straight A student all the way up until Year 11, which coincidentally was the same time I started to game seriously. I barely passed Year 11 and didn't even make it a quarter of the way through year 12.
    I'm an intelligent individual. I have a great, well-playing job and have a great social life. Fucking up schooling due to my focus on gaming rather than homework has been a great regret I've had. I gave up a chance to attempt to forge a career in an industry I really cared about through study by playing every game I could get my hands on. That type of shit does have a big effect, so every job I've had to earn from scratch with nothing to my name, and that does prevent opportunities. Heed my advice, younguns. If you can game responsibility and get them grades, good on you. But don't ever forsake your education for a game.
    Very well spoken I agree with you 100% the better your education is the easier your life will be.

Replying to the OP you should try gaming with a job and family. I get (if I'm lucky) 2-3 hours a night.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd00d View Post
    Very well spoken I agree with you 100% the better your education is the easier your life will be.

Replying to the OP you should try gaming with a job and family. I get (if I'm lucky) 2-3 hours a night.
    agreed. must be nice to have summers off and weekends off. i work every weekend and can only play on the occasional night off or when my child is sleeping and i dont have other stuff to do to get the bills paid

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Oh 1st world problems
    This.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Back when I was in elementary school (or perhaps it was middle school), I would get grounded from my system for not going to school. I missed probably 30-40 days each year when school years were 180 days. Anywho, my parents would ground me from my PSOne. They would take the controller.

What did I do? Borrowed a controller from a friend and played it into the odd hours of the night while everyone was sleeping, and then stash the controller in my dresser.

Moral of the story : What mommy don't know won't hurt you.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Oh 1st world problems
    You've made my day.

Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd00d View Post

Totally agree, between work, family and my daughter playing ps3 i'm lucky to get a couple of hours a day.

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 7 - Gold

In Latveria, no one and Doom means no one keeps Doom from gaming.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I think your mom is right. You will not agree for right now with me, but believe me. Education is far more important in life than playing videogames. If you will not be able to find a decent job in x amount time that you have to start working, you wont have the income to buy those videogames in the first place. So instead of being mad, say thank you to your mom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123