Help with my PS3

This is a discussion on Help with my PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ok here is the problem, it freezes frecuent, at first was with heavy rain i look information and a lot ...

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Help with my PS3

ok here is the problem, it freezes frecuent, at first was with heavy rain i look information and a lot of people said that happen to them so i think it was normal for some PS3, but after that i play Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Freezes some times too, with Uncharted 2 never have problems, and now playing Batman: Arkham City dont have a problem at first, i complete the story mode and all ok but today, i was playing the campaign challenge and have like 3 Freezes and have too restart the console.

i have a Ps3 Slim for almost 2 years, i use it in vertical position, what do you think?, its and old console? maybe is just Dust?, or the reader?, if is Dust how can i clean it?
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

Huge Gaming Backlog

Ive started to get the same problem. I still have the old school fat boy console and now when I'm playing Dark Souls it has been starting to freeze. Not the best game to have freeze on you. I think my problem is that my ps3 is just old (like about 5 years old) but yours shouldn't be playing up after only 2 years.

Lvl 9 - Gold

use a vacum hose a suck all the dust out all the vents on the ps3 with the vacum hose

Lvl 6 - Silver

yeah u shud try puttn it non vertical... i gt a 80GB fatty, running well for 1 year. (gt anthr fr me, bro gt his own)
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Every PS3 I've ever touched has done this. It's usually in parts where there is a crap tonne of stuff going on or as I go into a new menu. I've had this problem with my newest PS3 pretty much from day one.

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageMutantNun View Post
    Every PS3 I've ever touched has done this. It's usually in parts where there is a crap tonne of stuff going on or as I go into a new menu. I've had this problem with my newest PS3 pretty much from day one.
    how many ps3 you have >.<, i cant afford to buy a new one
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

The One and Only

It's most likely from dust, so use a vacuum to clean all of the dust out. Also make sure you have your PS3 in a fairly large space where it has space to breathe. The last thing you want is the PS3 to suffocate and have more issues with it than tolerable.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BZA View Post
    how many ps3 you have >.<, i cant afford to buy a new one
    lol I only have one PS3, I had another before this one I have now but using friends PS3's and such I've had this problem.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

either use a vacuum or an air can do it to both the disc dock and the back vents
    the worse thing i can say it could be is problems with the blu ray drive which is an early sign of malfunctions
    but it may not be that serious
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

it happen again, and i use a vacum, is there a way to clean the blue ray reader?

]

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by BZA View Post
    it happen again, and i use a vacum, is there a way to clean the blue ray reader?
    That I'm not so sure about. Maybe look through the internet for videos on how to open up the PS3 to do so without harming the PS3, or if you have enough cash, buy a new hard drive and a new PS3 to transfer data in and put in the new PS3. Sorry I can't be much of help. :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i replaced hy HDD to my 250 slim about 2 weeks ago after some corruption issues with saving files...i found one for 44 bucks on Buy.com Western Digital 320GB SATA 2.5 running great now and quiet.... and its DIY so very easy to replace.... i would just do that ....i was frreaking out just like you....hang in there

worlds biggest welch fan

the vacuum technique is good for the grill but it doesn't clean the fan.

the slim is very easy to take apart and the fan willl be caked with dust.
    I just cleaned mine out 4 months ago shit was nasty. you can also get into the sub menu and and rebuild the data base.

dare xlw is right check youtube that's how I took my cover off.

best if luck yo.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It could just be the disc that happens to me with Black Ops, just try clean it otherwise you may need a new disc

Plat Tag Made by The_Dark_God_666 on PSN

Local Drunk

I'd clean the inside of the PS3 and any discs that are playing up just in case it's them and also I would put it in a horizonal position.