Corrupted File Recovery?

This is a discussion on Corrupted File Recovery? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys and gals, hoping there is some magic wand that can be waved to help me out. I was ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Corrupted File Recovery?

Hey guys and gals, hoping there is some magic wand that can be waved to help me out.

I was playing MLB 15 The Show franchise mode on PS3, and my system froze during an auto save, resulting in a corrupted file.

I watched some videos and read some articles and performed the boot from safe mode and file reconfigure, but the file is still there. All comments I am seeing suggest that there is no way to recover the data, I can only hope to delete it, and I am hoping that this is not the case.

I was about 110 games into a season, so as you can imagine, that is a huge amount of time invested that I don't want to just throw away. Like an idiot, I did NOT back up my save to the cloud. I know that now moving forward I will absolutely do that, as well as perform a manual backup to an external HDD monthly, but that realization does little to help me here.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Can you offer any suggestions or hope for recovery?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading.

Negator

You could try rebuilding the database, but that's not a guarantee. Power failures and random voodoo while saving a game usually results in indefinitely corrupted data, though nothing is 100%.

May just have to delete the file and move forward from there. Glad you learned a valuable lesson about making redundant backups of important data; I had to learn the hard way also.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

yeah I had that issue a while back and lost 4 years worth of saves and there was nothing I could do other then to delete the file and start over if your able to do something more or something else go for it and hope for the best

Venire, Videre, Vince

I feel ya bro, been there done that.

Not much help, but I take it you did not do multiple saves? Instead you only had one save file.

I like to do multiple saves so if one goes bad I can fall back on the backup.

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Lvl 9 - Gold

I would check your cloud to be sure there isn't a save file there (maybe you have auto update/save ea night like me??!!)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the comments/suggestions guys.

Unfortunately, no, I did not have multiple save files, I just kept overwriting the one, naīve in thinking that something like this wouldn't/couldn't happen to me.

I also had selected "No" to saving to the cloud, but I have learned my lesson for the future and will definitely be taking advantage of that from now on!

It looks like I will move on to some other games in the backlog. I have been holding out on getting a PS4, citing all the backlog games in queue, I guess this is my chance to get through them and finally get in a position to upgrade to the current gen!