Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Annoying trophies to get

This is a discussion on Annoying trophies to get within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So what's so of the most annoying trophies you ever had to get or work on getting? With me it's ...

PRO Member

Annoying trophies to get

So what's so of the most annoying trophies you ever had to get or work on getting? With me it's usually something to do with fighting games. Like they REALLY want you to get a boosting buddy to even GET any of these trophies. I mean I feel good when I earn them legitimately but with some like with SSF4 where they want you to do the whole Team battle type crap...NO ONE PLAYS that.
    So...many...games...so...many......very...little...time.
    Ah the life of a gamer

PRO Member

collectables or finishing the game on different difficulties it just proves how lazy some game designers are ,,especially people like naughty dog they could easily have trophys for each chapter instead they throw in 5 different difficulty trophys for the same ending see infamous I dont mind cause you can either play good or evil on you hard play through and things change depending on your choices so yea I doubt I'll every paltinum a naughty dog game cause their just so lazy even more lazy in the last of us.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

sports games are the worst. "Hit a home run to a certain part of the field at a specific stadium". i don't even bother trying for them anymore. I started a new profile just so i could play sports games and not hurt my overall percentage.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by jph98h81 View Post
    sports games are the worst. "Hit a home run to a certain part of the field at a specific stadium". i don't even bother trying for them anymore. I started a new profile just so i could play sports games and not hurt my overall percentage.
    You don't need a second account to play sports games all you need to do is hide the trophies.

White Knight Chronicles - Collect 600 different items, Earn 8 different skill trees, Bind 450 items and Collect 500 different weapons.

Trash Panic - all of them (biggest purchase regret on the PSN by far)

Legasista - same as above and I don't mind the gameplay but I don't like the randomized gate warping mechanic.

Negator

I've previously shown my disgust for 'speed run' trophies. Really don't like those.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

I can't stand online trophies especially if no one playing the game anymore.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

VII

A good amount of the trophies in Star Wars: Battlefront are annoying because online

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post
    I've previously shown my disgust for 'speed run' trophies. Really don't like those.
    I have to agree with this; speed run trophies are the worst and give me anxiety like crazy to the point where I don't even try to get them anymore.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Online trophies that are near impossible to achieve since the servers are either dead or down.
    I don't like collectible trophies as well, but I still think they are better than online trophies.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
    I have to agree with this; speed run trophies are the worst and give me anxiety like crazy to the point where I don't even try to get them anymore.

Same here. I dont even bother trying to get speed run trophies or trophies like Hardcore Mode in Dead Space 2 where if you die you start over from the beginning. No thanks...

PRO Member

YES!!! I think the only game that I dealt with concerning speed run is God of War. Glad the only had that ONCE!!
    Ah the life of a gamer

Trophy Huntin'

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Same here. I dont even bother trying to get speed run trophies or trophies like Hardcore Mode in Dead Space 2 where if you die you start over from the beginning. No thanks...
    Holy shit this. It's one thing if you're speed running separate levels, but the full game speed runs are by far the worst.

Then you get the BS like The Evil Within where you beat game without getting hit... Load of crap

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Most of the trophies in Valhalla Knights 3 just cause most of them are too vague and took me forever to find somebody to fight online..

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

I tend to find level grinding trophies to be horrible ff13 comes to mind since you have to do a very specific thing to get points to grind but you need well over 2 million points to do this, time locked ones tend to be annoying too since if you can complete 100% everything else in the game and trophy list in 10 hours but you need to play nonstop for 50 hours to get 1 trophy that's bad, collectables can be annoying if they don't have an easy way to find them or if your forced to do a 1 run cause they can be missible and forced to start a game from scratch, difficulity trophies can be a 2 edged sword you get some like uncharted where they stack but then you get kingdom hearts 1.5 final mix where you are required to do the game a minium of 3 plays or rechain of memories where that is doubled to 6 playthroughs, speed trophies I haven't found too terrible but to some those can be annoying to a point of not fun to bother and you have missing plats in your list, also with everyone online required trophies are the worst especially level grinds online, assassin creed brotherhood comes right to mind on that, it took just shy of 1 year of just online play to get that list completed and ive just about given up on revelations since no one wants to play that game but in favor of the 3 most recent titles, with that in mind online trophies should be really for just the hell of it and not be locking a plat trophy out of your reach cause some older titles are dead with there servers making some trophies super rare only cause of a dead server

Lvl 5 - Silver

Im currently omw to attain the 100% trophy in gta v its actually enjoyable unlike my previous platinum ( tomb raider ) were i had to self-boost to level 50 online since it was dead
    *Info Bar: Boosting : / Latest: Assassin`s Creed: Syndicate

Venire, Videre, Vince

Time Trial trophies - umm Tomb Raider trilogy

Those pesky trophies where you have to play so many hours to unlock! (100 hrs on TOMB)

Right now that Blood Bank trophy for KZ Mercenary kill 10,000 enemies

I can handle collectibles (although they are time consuming), right now those 200 flying rats in GTA IV is staring at me right now!

Multiple playthroughs for a trophy ay caramba!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Time Trial trophies - umm Tomb Raider trilogy

Those pesky trophies where you have to play so many hours to unlock! (100 hrs on TOMB)

Right now that Blood Bank trophy for KZ Mercenary kill 10,000 enemies

I can handle collectibles (although they are time consuming), right now those 200 flying rats in GTA IV is staring at me right now!

Multiple playthroughs for a trophy ay caramba!
    Ugh yes the Multiple playthroughs. It's ok if it's a short action game but for RPGs...nuh uh. Like Kingdom Hearts 1 for example. Difficulty trophies doesn't stack so they want you to deal with this game 3 times over. REALLY!? Come on Square
    Ah the life of a gamer

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by supersonicjc View Post
    I tend to find level grinding trophies to be horrible ff13 comes to mind since you have to do a very specific thing to get points to grind but you need well over 2 million points to do this, time locked ones tend to be annoying too since if you can complete 100% everything else in the game and trophy list in 10 hours but you need to play nonstop for 50 hours to get 1 trophy that's bad, collectables can be annoying if they don't have an easy way to find them or if your forced to do a 1 run cause they can be missible and forced to start a game from scratch, difficulity trophies can be a 2 edged sword you get some like uncharted where they stack but then you get kingdom hearts 1.5 final mix where you are required to do the game a minium of 3 plays or rechain of memories where that is doubled to 6 playthroughs, speed trophies I haven't found too terrible but to some those can be annoying to a point of not fun to bother and you have missing plats in your list, also with everyone online required trophies are the worst especially level grinds online, assassin creed brotherhood comes right to mind on that, it took just shy of 1 year of just online play to get that list completed and ive just about given up on revelations since no one wants to play that game but in favor of the 3 most recent titles, with that in mind online trophies should be really for just the hell of it and not be locking a plat trophy out of your reach cause some older titles are dead with there servers making some trophies super rare only cause of a dead server
    Speaking of dead servers, I had to get on Sony for putting the EA Sports MMA game on the store and that game's servers been shut down. Long story short I sure got my refund, but things like that are what annoy me about online trophies.
    Ah the life of a gamer

Lvl 4 - Silver

Right now, for me, it's Final Fantasy X's Lightning Dancer. It's the only one keeping me from my Platinum. I Platinumed X-2 ages ago, but I just haven't been able to master the trick on this, even though I know I accomplished it back in the original PS2 game. Something about it this time, I'm just not getting the knack of. I suppose eventually I'll just have to knuckle down and really go for it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Trophies for combos moves - I don't have time trying to figure out the gymnastics for my fingers to hit the controls in the right order at the right time to get combos. Let me just kill it and move on.

Grinding forever for trophies - I play a lot of RPGs so I'm used to grinding. But when the game ends and you have to grind for more hours than you played the storyline because things didn't unlock until you defeated the game, weak!

Take no damage - I'm cool with the no-hitter trophies that you see in games like Assassin's Creed 2. I'm talking about the trophy that's keeping me from a plat in Sly Cooper 3. The one where you have to defeat the final boss without taking damage BUT you also have to run all the way there, fighting a bunch of enemies and take no damage as well. This includes going through an obstacle course.

Online/multiplayer trophies - Enough said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast