No more free PS+ games for PS3/VITA

This is a discussion on No more free PS+ games for PS3/VITA within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Because of a 11 hour time difference between the UK and Aus, but having to use the same PStore because ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

No more free PS+ games for PS3/VITA

Because of a 11 hour time difference between the UK and Aus, but having to use the same PStore because of regional similarities ,I often get access to new up loaded games before the UK does.

I usually go to the PS+ subscribers page first.
    Jan list of PS+ games.

• Dragon Age: Origins, PS3
    • Grim Fandango Remastered, PS4, PS Vita
    • Hardware: Rivals, PS4
    • Legends of War Patton, PS Vita
    • Medal of Honor Warfighter, PS3
    • Nihilumbra, PS Vita

I got a bit of a shock when viewing it via my PS3, as NONE of the PS3 / VITA games were FREE, they all had a price attached to them.
    I closed the PS3 down and fired up my PS4, checked and could only see the two free PS4 titles from last month.
    Closed that down and fired up the PS3 again....nope, NO mistake, definitely being charged for games now .....I thought I'd check the PS+ terms and conditions....

To cut it short, it no longer states that free PS3 / VITA games will be part of the deal, only that subscribers will get 24 FREE PS4 titles per year.

Looks like Sony decided to screw owners of it's best selling console for New Year without any notice......expect an announcement that support for the PS3 will be ending shortly, it's ended for the VITA already

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Looks like Sony decided to screw owners of it's best selling console for New Year without any notice......expect an announcement that support for the PS3 will be ending shortly, it's ended for the VITA already
    Best selling console? SONY's best selling console is the PS2 then the PS1. The PS3 is in third for now but give it time because it will be last.

Venire, Videre, Vince

I wouldn't doubt that Sony is still making money on and PS3, to pull the plug on them just yet!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BALLZ View Post
    Yeah, that's what I mean....That's LAST Months PS+ free games....wait and see when the Jan games for PS+ are available for you to view then post back that things are still as they were.
    They won't be.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'm in little doubt that the setup of PS Plus will change in 2016. PS3 and Vita games worth having on the service are becoming incredibly few, and lord knows it must get a bit expensive to acquire the better ones at a decent rate given their age and the systems.

I suspect we shall see a hybrid Plus/Now package announced in the summer, with a couple of PS4 games and a set amount of rentals per month.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

PS NOW is Only available in the USA.

The rest of the world just get short changed again by Sony .....this callous ,treatment of customers won't be tolerated much longer by the one company.
    It's coming onto a whole generation that Sony has been treating people this way......what are parents going to teach their children about SONY ?

AVOID I would imagine.

in a kup

okay, so I am going to take it easy on this thread and not get to carried away.

As for the OP, new releases don't come out unit Tuesday, so with that being said, the new 'FREE' games wont be available until the 5th. That's how its been for as long as I can remember.

As for the rest of your posts, Ill just leave it at that. Seems like you cant be patient enought to wait a few days until the PSN store actually updates. Any Playstation gamer knows that they update the store on Tuesday and Wednesday. Good day to you Sir.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Indeed, Kup. lol I've seen so many posts on various things with impatient nutjobs claiming that Jan PS+ games aren't there yet - etcetc. The first tuesday of the month is when new deals go up, not on DAY ONE lmfao. Also, I'm pretty sure as for PS Now, that it's partly due to publishing and copyright deals that make it more difficult to spread the program world wide. Why do you people immediately jump down Sony's throat for something it probably can't really manage without partnerships? Silly.