Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

166 70.94%
  • Disagree

68 29.06%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Online Trophies Ruins The Experience.

This is a discussion on Online Trophies Ruins The Experience. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Depends on the game, and what the online trophies are. Take Resistance 2 for example. The 10k kills was a ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Depends on the game, and what the online trophies are. Take Resistance 2 for example. The 10k kills was a waste of time, but the co-op trophies was some of the best MP experience you could get.

I would of selected Depends on the trophies, or game. But since it's a agree or disagree, I disagreed.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I couldnt agree more with the opening comment.ac brotherhood was spoiled for me because of online trophies that annoyed me to death.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It can get quite annoying. Especially when you want to platinum a game like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. With Revelations coming out soon, less people will be online.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperZino View Post
    It can get quite annoying. Especially when you want to platinum a game like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. With Revelations coming out soon, less people will be online.
    Or worse they close the servers rendering the impossible.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Or worse they close the servers rendering the impossible.
    I better get that soon..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Change is mediocre

I disagree to an extent. There are some like Medal Of Honor that kills the experience, but ones that award you for just playing are the better games.

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Quote Originally Posted by chibuki View Post
    Oops I voted Disagree even though I meant to Agree.

The subject is questionable. Depending on the trophies, it may or may not ruin the experience.

Bad multiplayer trophies:
    - Grinding, such as reach the max level in the game, obviously like stated above, a lot of games have tacked-on multiplayer mode and the devs wants you to play it by adding these trophies
    - Boosting, like when you have to do very specific things in multiplayer (e.g. Bad Company 2 Et Tu Brute, Destruction 2.0 kills)

Good multiplayer trophies:
    - Anything that goes with the flow of the multiplayer that you can get without having to grind or put special effort for them.
    - Does not count towards platinum.
    I agree with you on everything but the grinding, just suck it up and play. To me collectible offline trophies are just as much a pain in the ass as online trophies. I also feel that boosting trophies is pretty weak, if you can't earn the trophy without boosting you don't deserve it. I consider your friend helping you complete an objective online not boosting, but him letting you shoot him in the head 100x boosting.

The fact that EA shuts down servers every 2 years is so you buy a new version of the game. There are very few servers shutdown that aren't sports related.

They put MP in all the newer games because that's what most of the people want. I hate to inform everyone, but the majority of people could care shitless about trophies.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

PRO Member

Absolutely!

Unless we are talking MP-only game, I'd prefer they just stay off the lists. Its inevitable that all MP-servers go down, which means the trophies are on some type of ticking clock (even if it is a year or two). MP trophies also tend to be so uninspired... Just huge grind-boxes.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by WeApOnS- View Post
    I better get that soon..
    Completely agree with you. I've never been big with online play, mainly cuz I had pretty bad experiences playing online. That and most of the trophies are usually a pain to get.

PRO Member

I think that the trophies that are just hard are annoying, but I don't mind the time consuming ones, especially if it's a good game. I loved every minute of GTA IV because I loved the game and the MP trophies weren't hard, they just required a friend. Personally I don't mind trophies that require you to play the game for a while, as long as I find it enjoyable.

The only thing I don't like is the fact the developers can take down the servers whenever they want, so if it isn't a popular game, you only have a certain time frame.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Nope, nothing

Yeah I think they do ruin the 'experience'.

It annoys me that they expect you to play a game online to get all the trophies even if you don't like the multiplayer.
    Like Crysis 2 for example, the singleplayer is pretty cool but I thought the MP sucked so I didn't want to play it.
    And the multiplayer trophies for Assassins Creed, I will never get them because I find the MP dull and I really dislike it....

Also I don't think it's fair for people who just don't play the games online at all, a lot of people just want to play the games SP and still get the Platinum trophy...but no

Lvl 3 - Bronze

there's just some people that care more about numbers on a card than the actual enjoyment of the game. seriously some people play the most stupidest games just to get trophies.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't mind online trophies, but only if they are relatively easy to obtain, like reaching a certain level or unlocking something. Online trophies that require you to do insanely hard things or boost just kill the online experience for me. For example on the Xbox version of Turok, you unlock a trophy by getting a flawless multiplayer game with over 20 kills and all headshots, which is almost impossible to earn without boosting it.

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

100% agreed and the reason i still dont have that last trophy in naruto (though getting the titles offline is equally as fucked as getting them by winning 50 goddamn matches, i hate playing beatemups online as people always use overpowered characters and/or abuse lag)
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ugh...there are still non skilled whining,bitching noobs crying about online trophies on here?? I just grinded for 2 weeks to get 40,000 kills in warhammer and i chose to do it all online, so STFU and EARN your trophies. Just like real life you grind and bust your ass to accomplish something. God forbid you actually have to be better than other gamers and for the dumb people that say ?Durrrr, what if no one plays it anymore??. Their are boosting lists on this site to solve that, Otherwise get some damn money and buy it earlier. regardless of your excuse, people complain about online trophies cause they suck and cant earn em.... BOTTOM LINE

Lvl 5 - Silver

i agree that most games dont need a online mode.
    I think they should focous mainly on SP/the campaign mode, before they decide they want a MP.
    But online trophies in general aint bad, just those have trophies like play 200hourse online or get 10 wins in a row, get the first place 3 times in a row, when you are playing with 12 other people atleast!
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Disagree.

Grinding-It's annoying sure, but only if you have an anal need to finish everything really quickly, don't want to play 200 hours? then that game wasn't for you, time to move on and accept whining about it changes nothing.

Boosting- Pretty much as above, why are you in such a hurry? calm down!

Play a game for enjoyment, trophies are lovely little things but jeesus, they shouldn't leave you prancing about with worry because you can only get 95% of a games trophy list. It's like being at school again, Billy bigpants bragging rights about a fairly meaningless act.

It's nice to feel you've achieved something but surely completing the game is enough sometimes, you only end up hating them for the wrong reasons.

PRO Member

Online trophies are, like any other trophy, a matter of taste.
    I like them when they enhance the game and push my abilities. I won an 11-player ranked Royal Rumble match in WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 to get my trophy because I wanted to prove, if only to myself, that I could win in that online community. I could have boosted, but I chose to test myself in a way I would not have otherwise.
    I don't like them when there is no one to wage war with. An excellent example is Battle Fantasia, with online trophies and only boosters online (if that). Bummer.
    In short, they depend on the game, like skill, grinding or collectible trophies. Some are good, some are bad and most of them are too easily painted with the wrong brush.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Nevermind the fact the Developers are only trying to squeeze more life out of a game with MP right? Games should only have single player and after you Plat the game, it should simply go back on your shelf and collect dust.

Are online trophies annoying? Hell yeah, however the Developers make their MP/trophies for their real fans and not a bunch of dudes who want another plat on their list.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

personally i dont care anymore, if the game has mp trophies and you cant do some of them becuz theyre too hard or time consuming then boost it if your going for 100%

lots of games are getting MP now, lots of them dont need it but you cant stop it
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast