Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

166 70.94%
  • Disagree

68 29.06%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Online Trophies Ruins The Experience.

This is a discussion on Online Trophies Ruins The Experience. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm not a fan of online trophies. But, it's not like they're forcing you to get 'em, right?...

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm not a fan of online trophies. But, it's not like they're forcing you to get 'em, right?

Lvl 7 - Gold

It ruins the experience of "trophy hunting" for people like myself (perhaps I'm not a bonafide trophy hunter, but I enjoy collecting them when I have a game).

There are a few Platinums that I will never have because I'm not really into online gaming. I like getting on and playing with friends, but I'm not really all about 16 man matches or relying on random people to be on your team for co-op. Between the kids, jerks, and quitters, I'm turned off from a lot of games.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Regional Manager of War

Agree and Disagree

Im not a fan of "stupid trophies" but winning streaks, kills, levels, and speed-runs are not bad IMO. Lets take Mortal Kombat for example there are trophies for winning a match without jumping... or the one that requires you to win a match without blocking. Im not sure about anyone else but when I play fighting games I was taught not to block with your face, use the block button. Games like Assassins Creed brotherhood the MP in general I dislike it, matchmaking takes forever, the game types can be very repetitive and lose its fun very fast, and nobody plays it correctly or the way they show you in the tutorial.
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 10-31-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Everyone Loves Candy

I agree. It does ruins the game a bit. I like what Naughty Dog has done and just has you play the game to just try it out. Then yes the add on is there to continue. But just have it so we can experience it. Not work even more to a platinum.
    Hi Mom!

Lvl 5 - Silver

For single player campaign games, i agree 110%. Too many games that were/are great SP games get ruined when they put in an element not needed.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Deem View Post
    I'm not a fan of online trophies. But, it's not like they're forcing you to get 'em, right?
    My sentiments exactly. If you can't earn a trophy, or don't enjoy doing what it asks, then don't go for it. It's your choice whether or not the trophy gets earned - and not getting it/them doesn't prevent you from playing the game.

I myself don't really "like" online trophies - but I don't necessarily mind them either - after all, they usually require you to get better at the game [Racking up kills does take at least some semblance of skill, as does winning a match.]

The way I am - If I don't enjoy the multiplayer portion of a game, I don't play it. I don't care about trophies so much that I'll let them force me to do something I don't want to. They are merely a fun little distraction designed to give you a little something extra to do, with no real benefit what-so-ever.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 4 - Silver

simple answer :

i respect my art, therefore i don't complain about it..or about any aspect of it
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by soulless94 View Post
    simple answer :

i respect my art, therefore i don't complain about it..or about any aspect of it
    ^^^Straight gangsta shit. Id rep the shit out of ya if they still had it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't mind the "Winning X amount of games" or "Getting X amount of kills" trophies but I DO hate the "Get 10 kills in a row while holding the flag in less than 20 seconds" trophies.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Online Trophies Ruins The Experience

I hate online trophies, I mean it can be a great way to hang with others but there never really is anyone reliable. & then there are the annoying grind trophies.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The only sane person here

Well unless done right and release DLC trophies like Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 it's good but if it's for 100% enthusiasts it can be bad for them as well.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't mind most online trophies like play on all maps, try all game modes, win a few matches or use all weapons. The only thing that bugs me is when a game wants you play a ridiculous amount of time online for a trophy. Examples Bulletstorm- obtain level 65 online. Well you can get through all the online content long before you hit level 65 so now whether you like the online modes or not you have to continue playing if you want the platinum (doesn't help Bulletstorm's online isn't very reliable).
    Actually I like the online trophies that make me try different things cause I might overlook that mode or only give it a one shot without it, but I don't want my completion level to depend on whether or not I'm willing to just grind online even if I don't enjoy it.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It has it's downsides like everything, but one has to see in what kind of games are the online trophies.....

But what I like the most is that some games gives you the platinum without making you play online, or playing it just a little bit. Uncharted 2 for instance.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Trophies are a bonus and are completely optional. Going after them is fun and adds another layer to the game and it's length but trophies shouldn't force you to do something you don't want to do. I was happy to go for my FF13 and Vanquish plats, and I wouldn't have done so if I didn't enjoy the games.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I Agree and Disagree

Multiplayer Trophies like "Obtain the highest Multiplayer Level" or "Win every mode type once" trophies sucks ass takes forever to get and aren't really that fun

Multiplayer Trophies like "Win a Multiplayer match" or "Give 5 head Shots in a single game" trophies are fun to get in doesn't break the will of the player and makes him stop playing online all together

Love the idea Uncharted has of only giving a game 2 multiplayer trophies that are fun to get and not nutbustingly hard to get a platinum
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

Huge Gaming Backlog

I agree. Sought of. I don't mind the online trophies but like you said the one that make you get to level 50 in multiplayer are pretty ridiculous. For me games like Crysis 2, Homefront and Bioshock 2 that were great games but I personally I didn't think the multiplayer was good enough to sit there and grind out to the top level. Which kind of ruined the games for me. If they had trophies like the one in Bad Company 2 were you only have reach half way would be a good idea.

Legendary...Nuff Said

I completely disagree with this statement. Why? Because you can still enjoy the multiplayer experience even when there are trophies that might require grinding to get to level 50 or something. To be frank, I dislike when people judge how enjoyable their experiences are with a game by its trophy list. Here's a great idea: start to not give a flying fladoodle about trophies when trying to enjoy a game. If you want the trophies, then go out and get them. If you want to have a good time, then play the game however you want to.

Trophies don't take away from the experience, the only point of having trophies is to give the player extra incentives to continue playing the game. A game is a game, and its trophies are something entirely different. You only have to relate the two closely if you want to do so.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Games that are single player based shouldn't have online trophies, whereas games like Battlefield, call of duty etc that are predominately multiplayer games should have them.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I completely disagree with this statement. Why? Because you can still enjoy the multiplayer experience even when there are trophies that might require grinding to get to level 50 or something. To be frank, I dislike when people judge how enjoyable their experiences are with a game by its trophy list. Here's a great idea: start to not give a flying fladoodle about trophies when trying to enjoy a game. If you want the trophies, then go out and get them. If you want to have a good time, then play the game however you want to.

Trophies don't take away from the experience, the only point of having trophies is to give the player extra incentives to continue playing the game. A game is a game, and its trophies are something entirely different. You only have to relate the two closely if you want to do so.
    I agree with you Jack to a point. In Transformers WFC I had a blast playing the game and had no problem getting to level 100. But I also love playing Blokus but due to the servers being dead I cannot get the trophies. If the servers were active I would have no problem getting 50 wins and my 100% in the game but I cannot do this due to nature of the game. Also there are games that simply have had their servers shut down, so it is not the gamers fault that they cannot get the now.

This is why online trophies should not exist, because due to circumstances beyond the gamer's control it makes completing the game impossible.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 4 - Silver

not all online trophy are annoying
    but there are some trophies required some experience to get it, like be the first one or complete a campaign on hard with friend
    but in total i hate online trophy coz i don't have fast internet speed .

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast