Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

166 70.94%
  • Disagree

68 29.06%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Online Trophies Ruins The Experience.

This is a discussion on Online Trophies Ruins The Experience. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I really hate the online trophies. I like playing single player games offline. Pretty much the only trophies I'm missing ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I really hate the online trophies. I like playing single player games offline. Pretty much the only trophies I'm missing for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood are the online ones. I tried it and really didn't like it.

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

same with ACB, i didnt like mp in acII and only tried it once in acb, saw it was identical and was like 'screw this.

and now im cheaped out of a plat i earned in the sp.

lame.
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hate boosting for trophies. Its so inconvient. They should just remove trophies from mp games and i hate mp trophies where u have to reach a certain lvl like in bf3 theres one for reaching lvl 45

PRO Member

I love the online trophies since it makes it more challenging but theres a few bad online trophies though

Lvl 7 - Gold

I agree with the poll. Online trophies are the worst. Especially the grinding ones. I agree with the trophies for playing an online game or co-op, but to play the game to the highest rank, xp, kills, etc... is just plain stupid. But hey, if you really want the :plat: for a game you do it. But you still have to enjoy the game playing it in my opinion...

Digital Terror

i have to agree...online trophies suck

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Online trophies are ok but suck when it forces u to grind for weeks doing the same thing thousands of time it just gets stale.

Platinums - Toy Story 3, Assasin's Creed II, Need For Speed:Undercover, Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Heavy Rain, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection,
    God of War III, Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince, FIFA 12, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    , Infamous 2, Motorstorm: Apocalypse

PSN(100%) - Machinarium

Working On - Borderlands (52%), Red Dead Redemption (38%).

A Vampire with a Soul

I hear ya , i have had couple of platinums pending cause of those ******ed online trophies soo i just gave up on em.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Tht-Nova7 View Post
    I hear ya , i have had couple of platinums pending cause of those ******ed online trophies soo i just gave up on em.
    Yes, it really annoys me when a game has trophy support that calls for online gameplay in order to achieve or at least two players for something to be completed. Like no one wants to play games that I play, and i always play single player.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i HATE online trophies

I love football season!

I voted for Agree, but there are situations (Uncharted series, for example) where the on-line trophies did not kill my overall enjoyment of the game. On-line trophies that require a certain level, number of kills, ranking on a leaderboard, etc. are the buzz-kill multi-player trophies for me.

iCard by pittsteeler36

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hate everything about them, there are certain games that I totally expect to have them (COD for exp.), but what I truly hate more than anything, is now great single player games are cramming them in there, just to cash in on the multiplayer buck.

Crocodile Hunter

if you want to get technical then NO online trophies do not ruin the experience of the game, they might be annoying to get the PLATINUM but if your bitching about a game just for the trophies then you arnt really playing the game hence are missing the whole 'experience' of the game in the first place =/

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 6 - Silver

yeah i'd rather there were alot less online trophies on games, and ones where you have to get so many wins online are just the biggest sack of shit going, cos no matter how good you are at the game you're now competing with the rest of the world so there's always gonna be someone better than you.

3 plats i would've had but only need the online trophies - GTA 4, AC: Brotherhood and Skate 3

Renegade Time Lord

Agreed. I hate online trophies.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Gotham's Reckoning

I hate online trophies with a burning passion mainly because if an online server gets shut down and it had trophies, unless you got them beforehand it renders getting the plat impossible.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I for the most part disagree, at least for me.

For example. If I need 10,000 kills for the plat, I can get that by playing about half a year (or a full year) playing this game almost everyday, depending on how good I am in the game. As long as I don't boost it for too long if I were to boost, then the game would wear out less for me. Maybe I'll get bored of the game, but that would happen regardless of trophies. Now let's say the trophies were simple and doesn't really need to be boosted. That sort of enhances my gaming experience, because I'm playing multiplayer for a certain purpose, other than for fun. I guess you just have to have the right mindset for multiplayer trophies to not ruin your experience in games.
    You said it best here. I grinding out 10k kills in Resistance 2. By the time I got to the trophy, and ultimately the , I was worn out, and didn't wanna touch that game anymore.

However, three games came to mind right away for me for games that did online trophies the right way, or at least much better than Resistance 2. Medal of Honor had some great trophies which included some basic types like play x amount of time, get to level x. Tron Evolution did the same thing as far as online trophies. Finally, Bioshock 2 was the same category for me.

I voted "disagree", since online trophies I found for the most part, were an awesome enhancement to online play.

Revelations 19:16

Yea i really think it just depends on the game. I think uncharted has the best in this situation. Yes you have to go online for 2 of them, but its nothing serious and even if hardly anyone played online, it would be obtainable WITHOUT boosting.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm kinda torn with my opinion of multiplayer trophies. Some times they can be done tastefully (Killzone 3, CODs) And other times they are a complete joke (GTA IV, Resistance 2) When the trophies are for simply trying out the multiplayer and various modes etc, they're not that bad. But when they are something like spending 40+ hrs to reach level 50, or get 10,000 kills or be the top scoring player or leaderboard. Then they are a blemish on what could've been a much better game and enjoyable platinum.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yes they do, and most of them are such a pain
    ★Greatness from small beginnings★

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast