Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

166 70.94%
  • Disagree

68 29.06%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Online Trophies Ruins The Experience.

This is a discussion on Online Trophies Ruins The Experience. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Me personally hate some online trophies, and I really hate the ones that are glitched (I'm looking at u Midnight ...

The Deathly Rhythm

Me personally hate some online trophies, and I really hate the ones that are glitched (I'm looking at u Midnight Club L.A.) I did 20 Ranked Matches and the trophy didn't unlock until my 47th race, and I hate online trophies like KZ2 Valor and the ribbons also
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

PRO Member

Do online trophies ruin the experience?

The short answer, no.

I'm not a big fan of online multiplayer, something I discovered well before trophies or achievements were even considered. I always have and always will prefer a big single player game over any online offering with a few exceptions. Those exceptions are Demons/Dark Souls and TDU 2 because the online multiplayer is built into the single player, and Red Dead Redemption because the multiplayer is very similar to the single player game. But even though I'm not a fan of online multiplayer, if a game I buy comes with a multiplayer component I'll still give it a go on the off chance that it offers something other than being stuck in a box with other players shooting each other. Whether there are trophies or not, the online experience is going to be the same.

Ok, the fact that there are online trophies that I'll probably never get is a bit of an anoyance as a trophy hunter, but there's also a heap of single player trophies I'll probably never get because I don't have the skill, patience or time. But to say that those trophies being there and unatainable to me (or most other gamers) ruins the experience is a bit far fetched. If anything, those difficult or grinding trophies add value to the game becuase you will need to spend hours/days/months honing your skills to get them. Basically, the more time you spend playing a game the better value for money you will get out of it. And if the game sucks then taking the trophies away from it isn't going to make the game suck any less.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Destroyer View Post
    some are acceptable, but the ones in MOH just...just dont get me going
    Yep, I have been playing this MOH multiplayer just to get all the online trophies. I wanted to see if I could plat a game that had a lot of MP trophies needed for it. All I can say is the Fire controller trophy is all I need left and grinding this out has become a bore at least and a rage inducing prospect at worse. I like how ND has gone about this and COD with the spec ops trophies but I can go without the online competetive types like this fire controller one. So much of this is based on your team and how good the other players are etc... They don't showcase your skill or add to the enjoyment of the game at all.

Click-Click-Kaboom

I think online trophies is bs cause not everyone has Internet. Therefore it ain't fair they paid let's say 60 bucks for a game they can't Plat because a few online trophies. Also maybe you got a older game and people don't really play it much online. Therefore it makes it even harder to get the online trophies. There has been times where I didn't even get a game cause of how many of the trophies for it was online.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 6 - Silver

I hate them..... .

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    You don't have to get the trophies. They're an added extra. Just play the multiplayer and don't even think about the trophies.
    Bingo.

If trophies ruin your gaming experience don't bother earning them and play for fun.

EDIT: Didn't notice how old this thread is.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Destroyer View Post
    some are acceptable, but the ones in MOH just...just dont get me going
    This^^.

You're right about MOH... The fire controller trophy.. I don't even want to speak about it!
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

PRO Member

Looking at the games I've played so far, they don't really annoy me, they're a challenge just like any offline trophy

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yes, online trophies are a pain. I don't mind leveling up, but the ones that require you to do specific stunts or actions get really annoying.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Online trophies should stay as they are, even when they prevent you from getting a plat. In that case you just don't deserve it.
    Would you remove online trophies and there be a flood of hannah montana like plats.

Online trophies are bod only if community is dead or servers are shut down

Toggle Spoiler

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by bikiniman View Post
    Online trophies should stay as they are, even when they prevent you from getting a plat. In that case you just don't deserve it. Would you remove online trophies and there be a flood of hannah montana like plats. Online trophies are bod only if community is dead or servers are shut down
    are you going to stick with what i bolded as your answers? lets talk about the hannah montana thing first...i want you to play demons souls and see if that is like hannah montana or better yet play some yakuza 3 and 4. games like those make me so happy not to have online trophies. now that point you made about ppl not deserving it...games like fight night round 4 are hard to achieve the you have ppl that dont want to fight if your trying to take their championship belt away. there games were you have to beat someone that has a certain trophy but they are never on to play that game so you can receive that trophy yourself.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

[QUOTE=DRAGON1NINJA;138749]Didn't you boost AC:B with me?
    lol Yes i did but i never got to Max. lvl therefore, No platinum for me sad but true, i might go for it but in the distant future, I have no interest in AC's MP mode.

BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL ALWAYS BE IGNORED.
    Unless You Tell Me Why You Want To Add Me.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

[top]Online Trophies Ruins The Experience.

Yes, I've been trying to get the Knife a friend trophy for BFBC2 for little over a month now, which is holding me back from the plat.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Royal Flush X2

Nope most don't ruin the experience for me. Sometimes they can fun like in Twisted Metal.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

sure do for me with battlefield bad company
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

PRO Member

I believe online trophys should be dlc but free dlc cause some online trophys are annoying and get in the way of platinums for not everyone wants to play multipalyer for almost ever game designed nowadays. Thats what I think anyway so yes they ruin the experience for me.

Regional Manager of War

I thought trophies were optional so how can online trophies ruin a game :stare:

Legend...Nuff Said

Hate them with a passion 95% of the time. FME is just rediculous. I was lucky getting boosting partners early so Raccoon City didn't become a chore with some of them. I think if its just a set number or matches or wins or something like that its cool...as long as its optional. It'd be annoying to buy a game and there be like one or two online trophies keeping you from a plat because the servers are shut down.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Man i have to 10002 kills online for bfbc, and some online trophies for fifa 11 just suck!
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    I thought trophies were optional so how can online trophies ruin a game :stare:
    I totally agree, I wouldnt say they ruin a game by any means. Yes, they are very often times the more difficult to obtain trophies, and sometimes ridiculously time consuming. But they add that extra challenge, If you could just rape BFBC2's story and have it platinum'd for example I think just about everyone would have it done by now, and that would take away from the allure of certain platinums like the aforementioned and make them all generally easier imo... So yeah I kinda like the online trophies even if they have stopped me from platinum'ing a few games here and there.

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast