Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

166 70.94%
  • Disagree

68 29.06%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Online Trophies Ruins The Experience.

This is a discussion on Online Trophies Ruins The Experience. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by snow2288 I totally agree, I wouldnt say they ruin a game by any means. Yes, they are ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by snow2288 View Post
    I totally agree, I wouldnt say they ruin a game by any means. Yes, they are very often times the more difficult to obtain trophies, and sometimes ridiculously time consuming. But they add that extra challenge, If you could just rape BFBC2's story and have it platinum'd for example I think just about everyone would have it done by now, and that would take away from the allure of certain platinums like the aforementioned and make them all generally easier imo... So yeah I kinda like the online trophies even if they have stopped me from platinum'ing a few games here and there.
    try raping bfbc much harder than number 2
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 6 - Silver

Coming back to this thread over a year later to share my frustrations.

Online Trophies are particularly annoying now, especially when trying to plat older titles like Resistance 2. Plus some of the servers are now closed, making platting Ghostbusters and some other games, impossible.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 6 - Silver

i have to disagree Online trophies encourage gamers to go and play the Online even if the game has a bad Online mode not to mention makes the Platinum a little bit harder since u are most of the time surrounded by Noobs as your teammates the only thing that is bad in Online gaming that sometimes the severs are empty in old games making the trophies almost impossible to get and if u want a plat so much u wll eventually lead to boosting and boosting all Online trophies is a pain in the butt not that boosting is wrong but it is really boring

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Alot of times developers will tack on an online multiplayer just to add an online pass code so if you buy a used copy of their game and if the code was used then you will have to buy the online pass for 10 bucks if you want the platinum trophy. I think online trophies are B.S. when they shut the servers down.

Rangers F.C

Would agree that online trophies are shit , you should forget about trophies altogether they were fun for a while but now they are just silly . What I mean by this is they are of no purpose other than to look pretty , I really hope the PS4 makes them interesting again by breathing new life into them , by adding in-game unlockables , e.g maps , skins , weapons or achieving platinum's earn you a 5-10% discount to DLC and so on .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i think the online trophies nowadays are just so you use your online pass to get them and if you rent games from e.g Lovefilm you'll need to pay the extra ££ to get the online pass for the platinum, but back on point i think that multiplayer trophies are ok depending on the game, some games have online trophies but a terrible multiplayer that you'd prefer to rape a rhino instead of playing

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

There should be two sets of trophies with each game. One with offline trophies with its own platinum trophy, another with online trophies and its platinum trophy.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Not a big fan of MP trophies, especially when you have to play some 400+ hours for some just to later hear the ding!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Español

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't like how many multiplayer games get filled with hackers and modders while others get shut down, making the trophies impossible to get such as Red Dead Redemption and Ghostbusters. If it's a trophy for trying out game modes, then I'm ok with it.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidshade541 View Post
    I don't like how many multiplayer games get filled with hackers and modders while others get shut down, making the trophies impossible to get such as Red Dead Redemption and Ghostbusters.
    You can still earn trophies in RDR, there's just no in-game leaderboard and your stats wont update to the Rockstar Social Club. Everything else about the game (including trophies) functions just fine.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

Generally I'd disagree, I enjoy Online - but, games like Tomb Raider where I'm at 95% trophies because ranking to 60 Online is an effin' pain in the @$$... X__x Tempted to redownload it, again, and try to grind grind grind through it. The online is fun in that game but it takes so damn long to level, it's arduous.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678