Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Kingdom Hearts for PS3

This is a discussion on Kingdom Hearts for PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Wynrie ^This. If they finally decide to got with a definite third Kingdom Hearts, I hope they ...

  1. #61
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Sync's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    140
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynrie View Post
    ^This.
    If they finally decide to got with a definite third Kingdom Hearts, I hope they don't expect the player to know about all the portable titles and spin-offs storywise. I tried to read up on the story, because I never picked up any game of the series other than KH I and KH II, and believe me... it's a fricking mess.
    They aren't really spin-offs. They are side stories.

    Like look at Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days, they explain the gap between 1 and 2. 358/2 Days explains Organization 13 more in depth, and reveals the story about Roxas DURING 1, while Chain of Memories explains what happens right after 1.

    Coded explains some backstory to KH2's ending like that letter...
    and 3D begins right after Coded.

    Obviously BBS starts it off.

    Each of these side-stories explain more and more about what happens during the main games.

    Like look at Metal Gear 1 and 2, and Portable Ops, and Peace Walker, are these spin-offs? NO. They are side games.



  2. #62
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Wynrie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11
    Reputation
    1

    I know they're not spin-offs. I used the wrong term in my last post, sorry about that.

    Anyway, I think I mainly wanted to express my frustration of not getting a sequel for such a long time. To me, the story that was put together with I / II was fine and, although there is a huge amount of story to the KH universe yet to explore, I kinda had the feeling that they were losing track of the direction they wanted to go (telling a coherent, complex storyline), while they tried to spread the franchise over every platform they could get their hands on.
    When they announced that, after several years after the release of KH II, they were working on an iOS KH (which was just a rumor after all if I remember correctly), I just couldn't wrap my head around WHY anyone would want that.

    After all, these are just MY thoughts, and I respect the opinion of people who are out there that actually enjoy the now greatly expanded universe of the franchise. For my taste, it's enough already - I want to know how the story continues.

  3. #63
    The Deathly Rhythm
    Kratos06's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City Of Angels
    Posts
    2,100
    Reputation
    114

    I definitely do, I wanna play them again with trophies
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

    Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

  4. #64
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    MAXTHUNDER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Reputation
    81

    I don't see this happening anytime soon or it would have been announced at the beginning of the year. I would rather have a legitimate PS3 version before an HD version and if it was an exclusive to the PS3 I would pay $100 dollars for it only if Square Enix put their all into the game and didn't change any or very little of the gameplay cause in my opinion it was great. If it was a multi-console game then I would pay $30 for it only cause they would probably design the 360 version and port it to the PS3 cause if they didn't the 360 version would need at least 2-3 discs to cover the PS3's 1 and I'm hating on developers for doing this. It always cracks me up when they do a side by side comparison on graphics between the 360 and the PS3 versions of the same title. If you ask me have SONY send some of there head programmers down to EA to work on this years upcoming games and have those programmers make sure that they make a legitimate PS3 version and then have them compare the 2 versions I'll bet you the PS3 version would come out on top more often then not.

  5. #65
    PRO Member
    DrJackel666's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,285
    Reputation
    59

    Well it also states in the magaine Nomura gets more requests for a hd collection more then kh3 so if you were him and thinking about money wise which would you do..the game no one knows about that could sell many copys or the series everyone wants on ps3 to prepare for the next intsallment. i know if i was him I'd do the HD collection first.

  6. #66
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Sync's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    140
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynrie View Post
    Anyway, I think I mainly wanted to express my frustration of not getting a sequel for such a long time. To me, the story that was put together with I / II was fine and, although there is a huge amount of story to the KH universe yet to explore, I kinda had the feeling that they were losing track of the direction they wanted to go (telling a coherent, complex storyline), while they tried to spread the franchise over every platform they could get their hands on.
    When they announced that, after several years after the release of KH II, they were working on an iOS KH (which was just a rumor after all if I remember correctly), I just couldn't wrap my head around WHY anyone would want that.
    Uhh actually KH1 and 2 wouldn't even make sense if it weren't for CoM.

    and I agree to Square Enix trying to spread across on all platforms they can get their hands on. They are trying to earn more money of course, there is nothing that can change this, as long as people keep buying each side story, Square will try to milk the side stories as much as possible.

    If you want a KH3, then you can try stopping people from buying each new side game that is released. But that would be impossible since there are too many fans still buying each game regardless of what they understand and think about what Square Enix is pulling off here.



  7. #67
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Khomahre13's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gameinformer HQ
    Posts
    145
    Reputation
    4

    When this day come I wont be outside for a week or two.


    Avatar and Signature by In2

  8. #68
    PRO Member
    DrJackel666's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,285
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    They aren't really spin-offs. They are side stories.

    Like look at Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days, they explain the gap between 1 and 2. 358/2 Days explains Organization 13 more in depth, and reveals the story about Roxas DURING 1, while Chain of Memories explains what happens right after 1.

    Coded explains some backstory to KH2's ending like that letter...
    and 3D begins right after Coded.

    Obviously BBS starts it off.

    Each of these side-stories explain more and more about what happens during the main games.

    Like look at Metal Gear 1 and 2, and Portable Ops, and Peace Walker, are these spin-offs? NO. They are side games.
    i agree completely with this and thats why nomura is putting all the kh games all in one collection for the ps3 though not sure if kh com is in it though I hope it is.

  9. #69
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    ichigouzumaki100's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    0

    i think that kingdom hearts hd remake will come out right after kh, or right before.that way people who have just started to play kingdom hearts can play the entire series. square would end up getting more fans and cash

  10. #70
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by ichigouzumaki100 View Post
    i think that kingdom hearts hd remake will come out right after kh, or right before.that way people who have just started to play kingdom hearts can play the entire series. square would end up getting more fans and cash
    They wouldn't release it after whatever it is they release on the PS3/PS4. That'd mean they'd sell less copies at launch, which means they wouldn't earn as much money.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO