If You Play a Full Game Trial...

This is a discussion on If You Play a Full Game Trial... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Can you activate the trophies by popping in the retail disc instead of buying a game via the store? My ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

If You Play a Full Game Trial...

Can you activate the trophies by popping in the retail disc instead of buying a game via the store?

My PS3 disc drive is shot, and I'm holding out to just buy a new system when Black Friday comes around. In the meantime, I'm going to run through a few full game trials from PS+, and I'll likely rent the titles I play (well, gamefly). Will this pick right up where the game trial left off? Even the titles I decide to buy would be in disc form. I'm not a fan of digital when disc is available.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i had infamous on a disk and then let my friend borrow it and i never got it back. when infamous was for free on psn i was able to keep going and keep getting trophies. im sure if it works disk to psn. it will work psn to disk.
    -btw, the disk drive on my old ps3 broke too.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by seattlekboy View Post
    i had infamous on a disk and then let my friend borrow it and i never got it back. when infamous was for free on psn i was able to keep going and keep getting trophies. im sure if it works disk to psn. it will work psn to disk.
    -btw, the disk drive on my old ps3 broke too.
    That was different though, that was the full game. These are full game trials, meaning that you lose the game after a set time period. I don't believe you can earn trophies in a trial though, so any thing you do won't count.

If anyone has tried it though please let us know.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I got trophies from the Borderlands trial & they synced to PSN, I even still have the save data from it to pick up where I left off. I'm not %100 but since it's a full game "trial" it means it's the FULL game, only with an hour trial limit. So you should be able to pick up where you left off if you have the save data from it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Thanks for the responses so far, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicine Man View Post
    I got trophies from the Borderlands trial & they synced to PSN, I even still have the save data from it to pick up where I left off. I'm not %100 but since it's a full game "trial" it means it's the FULL game, only with an hour trial limit. So you should be able to pick up where you left off if you have the save data from it.
    They actually synced? The last I tried a full game trial (quite some time ago when Red Faction Guerrilla first game out), you would "unlock" the trophies, but they would not sync. You had to play the full version to make your trophies active, otherwise they would just stay on your PS3 and not count even though they showed on the system. I ended up purchasing the digital copy of the game in that instance.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

game trials unlocks trophies but dont sync unless you buy the full game nuff said
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

An old-fashioned cowboy

Trophies unlocked during game trials will have a bubble surrounding them in the dashboard. They will not add to your trophy count until you either buy the digital or disc version of the game at which point the bubble surrounding the trophies will disappear.

*The one exception to this is Mass Effect 2. Playing the trial and later playing the disc version of the game will not remove the bubble around the trophies. If you want to officially unlock the trophies then you must buy the digital version of the game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Trophies unlocked during game trials will have a bubble surrounding them in the dashboard. They will not add to your trophy count until you either buy the digital or disc version of the game at which point the bubble surrounding the trophies will disappear.

*The one exception to this is Mass Effect 2. Playing the trial and later playing the disc version of the game will not remove the bubble around the trophies. If you want to officially unlock the trophies then you must buy the digital version of the game.
    This is the info I was looking for. Thanks, SirDrRoger.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just tried PROTOTYPE and didn't like it at all.
    I'm not going to buy the game, so am I stuck with 2% prototype on my list?

Also I found it interesting, that after game expired I could restart game and continue from where I left with timer reset too

Toggle Spoiler

I make lego out of you!

you don't have to try it on your main account, just make a fake one for the trials
    that way you won't get the sync problem with your main account
    Making plat cards

-i- love myself.

No need to bump the thread there buddy, but your new to the site so thats probably not such a big deal. Welcome to the site!