Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anybody think this is stupid

This is a discussion on Anybody think this is stupid within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; yes that is hella stupid...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

yes that is hella stupid

Lvl 4 - Silver

This message is new to me.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

im sure it is used in some way. but i dont think that you will ever get instant satisfaction from it

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I usually end up with a frozen game that requires a system restart before it becomes operational again, although I'm yet to see this message... oh well best of luck with it all!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've actually never seen this message. I probably get a system freeze about once a week, usually while playing a game. I don't use the browser, as my PS3 is about 5 feet from my pc, so it'd be kinda stupid. If I did see this message, I'd definitely do it, as it would probably indicate that it was a system error, and I would want Sony to get the error report for it. If it was only after a game crash, then meh. The devs rarely fix bugs that cause game crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by WasteTimeChasingCars View Post
    I've kinda worried about this.

Example:
    "Some information will be sent such as purchase information." Well, i've gameshared alot, and if it's not on my DL List, but my trophy list, red flag.
    I don't think that'd be a red flag. Every ID on a system can use content purchased by every other ID on that system. Just because a game isn't in your DL list doesn't mean that someone else who uses your console regularly didn't buy it. I think if it was a serious crash-causing problem, and you wanted to report it, you would be perfectly safe to do so.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I had that when I was trying to on onto gamewinners to find out a trophy for a game before I heard about this site and I am like WTF do they care.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Looks like you're still having problems with your ps3. Why don't you send it back and get a new one. Back up all your data and you'll be set.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I used to get that while playing Red Dead Redemption but I just brushed it off thinking that I play too much playstation 18-20hrs a day is not good for any console I still do that now as well but my old girl 80GB is still going strong but im running out of room so im planing on upgrading soon to 320GB

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Stop looking at me swan!

Hrm, I've never actually seen this error myself as well. My PS3 does freeze and crash every so often but never with an error to report. Weird.

Identity Overload

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Actually they do quite a bit with the data, as someone who works as a research engineer I am on the other end of that "Send" button frequently (1/4th of my job is to diagnose and solve technical issues for my customer), although not for Sony.

If you look at the data in those memory dumps, it helps us track and determine where the errors are happening. The statement "they don't do shit about it" is somewhat false, now we can't fix everything but sometimes it helps us with making the next round of patches or sometimes it helps us improve the next version.

In Sony's case I am 99% sure what happens is it dumps the entire stack and the line of code to a Sony engineer as well as the error code. That then goes into a database and their engineers are looking at the % of reports of each error code. They start tackling the largest %s and work their way down.

Sometimes the problem is not in Sony's control though and may be caused by 3rd party software (like games). Sony reports it to them and then moves on... Sometimes the problem is very complicated and can't be fixed quickly... Othertimes the problem is so infrequent that it gets put very low on the list.
    This says it perfectly, they do something something with it, but it takes time. We just live in a world where we need instant gratification to be happy and in most cases that won't happen.

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Lvl 2 - Bronze

That happens to me, but I'm fine with just turning it off because that's all I know ho to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12