Rainbow 6: Patriots coming in 2013

This is a discussion on Rainbow 6: Patriots coming in 2013 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Homegrown Terrorists Fight to Take Back America in Rainbow 6: Patriots After a two-game vacation in Vegas, Tom Clancy's elite ...

PRO Member

Rainbow 6: Patriots coming in 2013

After a two-game vacation in Vegas, Tom Clancy's elite counter-terrorism unit takes on an all-new threat threatening to destroy the U.S. government in Rainbow 6: Patriots now in development for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

In the latest entry in the venerable series, Team Rainbow faces off against the True Patriots, a well-organized and well-funded revolutionary group aiming to overthrow a U.S. government they feel has been rendered useless by corruption. Players will have to make "tough ethical decisions" as the story progresses, signaling a brand new direction for the franchise. Perhaps that's why they've stopped using Rainbow Six in favor of the sleeker, sexier Rainbow 6. As we touched on during our sneak peek at the game back in June, this is a more human story that goes beyond team A shooting team B to explore the consequences of taking a life.

"Terrorism has evolved, and so has Rainbow 6. In Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots, all the team play, tactics, and realism that fans of the series love have been coupled with an exciting new narrative direction," said David Sears, creative director at Ubisoft. "This adds an unprecedented level of humanity that will make Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Patriots an extremely tense and immersive experience."

So we're in for a deeper, more compelling single-player experience than the series has ever seen, plus some new multiplayer and co-op features that will reward teamwork and cooperation, two elements that have always been close to the heart of the series.

Rainbow 6: Patriots kicks down doors in 2013. Expect to be choked with assets and information between now and then.
    There is also a video at the link below which shows off what the earlier vision was for the game:

The game looks absolutely amazing in the video, let's hope it stays true to Rainbow Six and doesn't become another FPS clone.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 7 - Gold

I saw the video earlier and I agree that it looks amazing. I don't think I've played a Rainbow Six game before but I'm definitely going to be looking forward to more news about this game.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 4 - Silver

I might have to check that out. I havnt played any Rainbow Six game yet.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

INTJ

Heavy Rain-bow Six

No Matter What

This should be cool just like Rainbow Vegas 6: 2 looked. Sadly I never played and I was considering buying for $20 on the PSN store, but I got Borderlands instead.

The best looking thing about it was probably the tactical game play and the epic customization.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Heavy Rain-bow Six

Damn, that passed me by.

Y'know, this game already feels to me like it will be the last great game of this generation, just.........feels like it.

The footage shown was f*cking brilliant, can't imagine the final product.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Heavy Rain-bow Six
    Yeah the start was very similar to Heavy Rain. I'm hoping the game isn't too focused on QTE.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The game is very promising, but note that the video that must guys saw is not actual gameplay footage.. Although at some point in the video they earn a trophy?? Did they make this to fit in the trailer or is it real gameplay footage but they don't want to tell yet???

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    The game is very promising, but note that the video that must guys saw is not actual gameplay footage.. Although at some point in the video they earn a trophy?? Did they make this to fit in the trailer or is it real gameplay footage but they don't want to tell yet???
    It's all early concept gameplay, the trophy isn't real either, they will most likely be there for testing purposes. You can tell the trophy isn't real because the silver trophy is all wrong, and the text is all wrong as well.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    It's all early concept gameplay, the trophy isn't real either, they will most likely be there for testing purposes. You can tell the trophy isn't real because the silver trophy is all wrong, and the text is all wrong as well.
    Didn't notice that for the trophy image, i thought the trailer was very cool, but unlikely to the real world. The solution too a dead man's switch that they preferred isn't realistic though it's a nice epic solution
    As for the gameplay, one can only hope that it plays like that in the real game....