Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Chrono Cross And Final Fantasy V & VI Coming To PSN

This is a discussion on Chrono Cross And Final Fantasy V & VI Coming To PSN within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by dr_mayus You do realize the PSP is a great affordable handheld with a lot of cheap awesome ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    You do realize the PSP is a great affordable handheld with a lot of cheap awesome games on it. I have a DS and when I look how much it is to buy a game on the DS compared to the PSP I have to laugh.
    While there's a lot of shovelware on the DS, there are a lot of greta games too. TWEWY, Elite Beat Agents, Professor Layton, KH: 358/2 days are just some of the good games you may find in it. You guys just love to exaggerate on the library because it's not Sony.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Yet you bought a PSP .
    Why the hell would I buy a crappy DS for 1 game? Granted I've done this with the N64 before, but I paid $10 for the system with 3 controllers included...

While there's a lot of shovelware on the DS, there are a lot of greta games too. TWEWY, Elite Beat Agents, Professor Layton, KH: 358/2 days are just some of the good games you may find in it. You guys just love to exaggerate on the library because it's not Sony.
    PSP has KH:BBS! Besides that, dunno bout the other games but Professor Layton looks like it'd bore the hell out of me. I never got into KH, and all the games I've seen for the DS, I'm not impressed. But the only reason I'd buy a ds would be for the 3d version of FF4 and the remade FF3. I have no interest in anything else the DS offers and lacks. I'm extremely content with the Psp and the badass library of games it offers. And with the adhoc program for Ps3, I fking love it.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Why the hell would I buy a crappy DS for 1 game? Granted I've done this with the N64 before, but I paid $10 for the system with 3 controllers included...

PSP has KH:BBS! Besides that, dunno bout the other games but Professor Layton looks like it'd bore the hell out of me. I never got into KH, and all the games I've seen for the DS, I'm not impressed. But the only reason I'd buy a ds would be for the 3d version of FF4 and the remade FF3. I have no interest in anything else the DS offers and lacks. I'm extremely content with the Psp and the badass library of games it offers. And with the adhoc program for Ps3, I fking love it.
    You can find very cheap DS out there. I doubt as cheap as $10, but still cheap.

I'm sure that if you even bothered looking at the DS' library, you'd fine a good amount of games worth buying, just like one can find good games on the PSP (even though there aren't many, just like in the DS).

There's little to no benefit of having a PS3 and PSP. You can't really do anything. Hopefully, they'll fix that with the VITA, but the PSP-PS3 interaction is shit.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

looking forward to getting all three of them. Chrono Cross was one of my favorite games on playstation.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Chrono Cross would be sweet, never got around to finishing it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I really like the direction Square Enix is going with the re-releasing of games onto the PS3. It's a shame it's taken them this long to do it. They've definitely got a cash cow begging to be milked with their library of past games. Hell, maybe they'll even look into that fabled FF7 remake if their other re-releases do well.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

The One and Only

I might try out Chrono Cross whenever I have the money to do so, however I still haven't been convinced to try out Final Fantasy games.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I might try out Chrono Cross whenever I have the money to do so, however I still haven't been convinced to try out Final Fantasy games.
    There are (at least on the main series, not counting MMOs) 12 of them, chances are you'll like at least one. You could start with some of the classics, like IV and VI .

Toggle Spoiler

The One and Only

There are (at least on the main series, not counting MMOs) 12 of them, chances are you'll like at least one. You could start with some of the classics, like IV and VI .
    I could, but it depends on my pocket and other things I want more

I bet FF overall is a fun and great series based on what I hear, so I'll put that in my Maybe List.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

There's little to no benefit of having a PS3 and PSP. You can't really do anything. Hopefully, they'll fix that with the VITA, but the PSP-PS3 interaction is shit.
    Just depends what you mean. When it comes to remote play and the adhoc program, I love it and it depends on your connection for lag and so forth when it comes to the PSP/Ps3 interaction. Sadly only a handful of games is supported through remote play, but the option is still nice and fun to use. Adhoc program wise, there are a lot of Monster Hunter fans on that program. The ability to play Adhoc only games for the Psp online, is awesome. That was my major let down for most Psp games to me, but I understand why they did it. With that ability now, it fixed my problem .

I'm a huge RPG fan, and the PSP has a ton of them where as the Ps3 has hardly any. So for me atleast, I benefit for having both greatly.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Final Fantasy V and VI have been available on the EU Store for months, although we don't have Chrono Cross I think.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wonder why NA got FFV & VI so late :/

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12