Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sony Limits console activations to TWO!

This is a discussion on Sony Limits console activations to TWO! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Very disappointing. At least you can deactivate stuff from website now....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Very disappointing. At least you can deactivate stuff from website now.

my latest anime updates

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ok, I already have my psn account activated on 5 ps3s, but my current my ps3 is dead. So I got a little problem, I think I can still deactivate the account from the dead ps3 so there will be 1 slot available (I can get enough time to deactivate it before the ps3 shuts off), anyways the question is, can I reactivate the account on a new ps3 that I will buy after nov. 18th?

I mean, my account is already on 4 different consoles, can I activate the 5th slot after nov. 18th?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ZaPistol View Post
    Ok, I already have my psn account activated on 5 ps3s, but my current my ps3 is dead. So I got a little problem, I think I can still deactivate the account from the dead ps3 so there will be 1 slot available (I can get enough time to deactivate it before the ps3 shuts off), anyways the question is, can I reactivate the account on a new ps3 that I will buy after nov. 18th?

I mean, my account is already on 4 different consoles, can I activate the 5th slot after nov. 18th?
    Yeah i just had to buy a new ps3 because my launch system finally died and i guess its cool that i can de-activate from the net. It is kind of messed up that they would limit use of content, Sony needs to step its game back up.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

All I can say is WTF?!?!

Lvl 7 - Gold

So, uhh, can somebody light the Anonymous signal or Lulzsec beacon? lol

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by manikmark View Post
    Yeah i just had to buy a new ps3 because my launch system finally died and i guess its cool that i can de-activate from the net. It is kind of messed up that they would limit use of content, Sony needs to step its game back up.
    You didn't really answer my question...

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by ZaPistol View Post
    You didn't really answer my question...
    it says it will only effect items purchased after November 18th
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Really not a big deal if you buy your games legit.
    i too buy all my games legit but this is a big problem when you take YLOD into consideration, i've lost 2 of my 5 active PS3s in the past to YLOD.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by oogadebob View Post
    it says it will only effect items purchased after November 18th
    Ah alright, thanks, I'm just freaking out a little because my ps3 is dead and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    i too buy all my games legit but this is a big problem when you take YLOD into consideration, i've lost 2 of my 5 active PS3s in the past to YLOD.
    They said they're going to launch a page where you can deactivate it via the web.

Revelations 19:16

So from what im reading my interpretation is that you can STILL have your name on 5 systems, but content is at a max of 2 systems??
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 6 - Silver

this is only for games right ???
    we still got the 5 accounts right ???
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by zorry777 View Post
    this is only for games right ???
    we still got the 5 accounts right ???
    Yeah it sounds like it mate

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Nooooo000Ooo0O. I will now actually have to pay for DLC and games now!!! Arrrhhhhhhh the horror
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    So, uhh, can somebody light the Anonymous signal or Lulzsec beacon? lol
    So consumers can take even more damage? No.

This change is pretty BS I agree, especially for those of us who DO own more than two PS3s (I had owned 3 different PS3s at one point).

Granted, I don't game share and since I have PS+, the "free" content I get from there is only accessible from my account anyway. It's just a real pain that you have to activate/deactivate your console in order to play games if you have more than 2 systems that you actively use.

One thing you guys haven't seemed to mention was the portable side of this. That's a much bigger issue. That's because (and it's been confirmed on the blog through comments) that you can only activate your account on two different portables. That includes the PS Vita when that hits. So if you are a person who has a PSP, a PSP Go, and you want the PS Vita, then you are kinda screwed. Granted, this is only for PSN store bought games, not games you own the physical media for (obviously), but it's still a pain. I do have friends who own PSP phats and PSP Gos who plan on picking up the Vita and this is a launch purchase deal breaker for them.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JonJonXD View Post
    One thing you guys haven't seemed to mention was the portable side of this. That's a much bigger issue. That's because (and it's been confirmed on the blog through comments) that you can only activate your account on two different portables. That includes the PS Vita when that hits. So if you are a person who has a PSP, a PSP Go, and you want the PS Vita, then you are kinda screwed. Granted, this is only for PSN store bought games, not games you own the physical media for (obviously), but it's still a pain. I do have friends who own PSP phats and PSP Gos who plan on picking up the Vita and this is a launch purchase deal breaker for them.
    I don't think the Vita is going to be that much of a difference when it comes to people caring. I don't think people will use it over their ps3 if they have the choice. Even though I love my PSP and probably will love the Vita. I probably won't play it as much as I want to.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Lol, this was the initial thread created that spawned the thread you linked to be front page. If you haven't noticed, that's why there are a lot of repeated threads and none of them ever being locked. So if you want to post a link, goto the front page link to post it on since that was the copy thread. Also look at post #3. Right before the FP post was made.....

Lvl 4 - Silver

i am happy now i can deactivate the content that my friends took

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Lol, this was the initial thread created that spawned the thread you linked to be front page. If you haven't noticed, that's why there are a lot of repeated threads and none of them ever being locked. So if you want to post a link, goto the front page link to post it on since that was the copy thread. Also look at post #3. Right before the FP post was made.....
    It didn't spawn the other thread at all mate, the difference between the 2 treads was like 20 minutes as it look me longer to get it all set out neater.
    The guy who made this and me must have got the info at a similar time...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

this kinda sucks a lot :/
    Platinum's Working On= BORDERLANDS 2 (57%) MADDEN NFL 13 (25%) inFAMOUS 2 (42%)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast