Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PS3 Yellow Light?

This is a discussion on PS3 Yellow Light? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Minarum That method only works on like 1 model I believe. Other than that, you would have ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    That method only works on like 1 model I believe. Other than that, you would have to take it apart and fix it, or dismantle the Blu-ray player. But I highly suggest not touching the BR.

As I've posted in a bunch of YLOD threads. You can do a quick fix by yourself, which is cheap, fast, and easy but might not last that long. Or you can invest a little bit of money to reball your ps3's motherboard and possibly even do a permanent fix for the problem like I've done. Custom cases with better cooling system so it never happens again.
    ive been meaning to do a custom case for my old fatty as well. the cooling is just not adequate on the old bc units.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPhysicist View Post
    ive been meaning to do a custom case for my old fatty as well. the cooling is just not adequate on the old bc units.
    It's nice. Been rocking a YLOD for almost 2 years now with 0 problems. I love the ps3 case, but it's a disaster for gaming and what the system needs....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Mine just YLOD, thx for the info and links lets see what I can do

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by rpg49ers View Post
    i try this method on nov 18 if sony website for deactivation doesnt work on ylod systems
    it does, cos i was able to deactivate my old 2 PS3s that had succumed to YLOD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12