Where are the Single Player bonuses?

This is a discussion on Where are the Single Player bonuses? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm so disappointed. I had my wife pre-order Uncharted 3 so that I can get whatever pre-order bonus they were ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Where are the Single Player bonuses?

I'm so disappointed. I had my wife pre-order Uncharted 3 so that I can get whatever pre-order bonus they were offering, only to find out that it's a multiplayer only bonus.

Then, yesterday, I decided to go out and get the Uncharted 1 & 2 double pack which includes Uncharted 2 Game of The Year Edition that comes with a voucher for basically every add-on for the game. Again.. very disappointed to learn that basically every bonus in the GOTY edition is for multiplayer online use. Aaaargh. I frigging hate multiplayer (and in Uncharted 3's case, there's no way I'm paying 10 bucks to die over and over online).

WHERE ARE THE BONUSES FOR PEOPLE WHO ONLY PLAY SINGLE PLAYER?!!!??

Everything today is multiplayer this, multiplayer that! ugh.

/rant

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

What kind of bonuses are you talking about?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

A Vampire with a Soul

well..if your plating for a platinum -looks at your gamer card- obviously not the only is dame easy if your after its trophies there are 2 and you need only to play online for 1 game session to get both. But what i do hate is the new system of the online gamer access code if we want to play online -. -" thats just a rip off cause if anything happens to the codeor the game is second hand were fucked and we got to buy the code on psn . _ ."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Tht-Nova7 View Post
    well..if your plating for a platinum -looks at your gamer card- obviously not the only is dame easy if your after its trophies there are 2 and you need only to play online for 1 game session to get both. But what i do hate is the new system of the online gamer access code if we want to play online -. -" thats just a rip off cause if anything happens to the codeor the game is second hand were fucked and we got to buy the code on psn . _ ."
    Does the packaged game come with a multiplayer code when it's new?

There's a reason I have no plats on my gamer card, because a lot of games require you to play some online sessions for certain trophies and I don't do that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    What kind of bonuses are you talking about?
    Single player skins, Special weapons, ability boosts, etc. Like in Metal Gear Solid games for example. Gave you incentive to play the game over and over just to get all the special stuff. Well pre-order bonuses could be early access to some of those features.

Anything to give the single player campaign extra replayability.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post
    Anything to give the single player campaign extra replayability.
    And it's action-packed story isn't enough for you? Shame. It alone is worth at least 4 more replays for me.

Not to mention I really like the co-op, less so the competitive. The competitive multiplayer is all about who blindfires and uses steel fist better.

In my books, the campaign is perfect as it is. The co-op multiplayer is very fun. However the competitive multiplayer can use balancing, especially with how too well blindfiring works in any form (Ie: run and gun, from cover, etc).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I am not complaining about the game's single player story at all. On it's own, it merits many play throughs. I'm currently on my second playthrough of Uncharted 3 in Crushing Mode. What I'm ranting about is that pre-order bonuses and DLC seem to be geared towards the Multiplayer aspect.

A lot of game demos available on PSN come out for multiplayer first before giving us a single player demo.

I'm using Uncharted series as an example, but my rant is aimed at the whole thing in general.

Simple fact is that I don't play multiplayer and I guess you could say that I'm jealous that a lot of pre-order bonuses and DLC are aimed at Multiplayers.

If you don't play multiplayer, what's the incentive to buy the Uncharted 2 GOTY edition? I was reading the list of add-ons on the box and got all giddy at these cool sounding bonuses like the "Revenge Boost" and "Siege Expansion Pack". I thought they were cool extras for the single player mode.. only to find out that it's basically all for Multiplayer. Single Player gets nothing out of the GOTY Edition.

Pre-order bonus for Uncharted 3 was "Creepy Crawler Kick Back" where you can turn into a swarm of spider thingies and overwhelm your enemies. Again, ends up being Multiplayer only.

They should at least offer something that people can use in some way or another in all modes.