My PS3 Slim soon to be yellow light'd!

This is a discussion on My PS3 Slim soon to be yellow light'd! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Problems that have been occurring past few months that leads me to believe this : Hard drive has been acting ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

My PS3 Slim soon to be yellow light'd!

Problems that have been occurring past few months that leads me to believe this :
    • Hard drive has been acting up making ejecting noises when discs in.
    • Single player freezing/glitches currently seeing this in U3, causing me to restart.
    • As of late when I hit the ps3 shutdown button the light stays green so i have to pull the plug in the back.
    • Eject button sometimes dont work.
    • Sometimes I turn my ps3 on and only see a black screen.
    • Constantly restarting my ps3.

*Update when more problems occur

Lvl 6 - Silver

dude ive had problems similar to yours but more rare than common. twice my ps3 slim didnt want to eject or insert games it happened randomly but hasnt happened anymore, my ps3 freezes constantly what i have done is take out the hard drive and do a simple clean then insert it and it freezes less often( which is weird) my ps3s hard drive also does ejecting noises when playing games but am pretty sure its normal as it says on the hard drive but anything else you mentioned is more weird than normal. by the way i have a slim bought back in march.

Gaming since 1985!

Yeah, kinda sounds like it. Had alot of the same problems with my old fattie. If you can afford it, get a new slim, transfer the data before it dies and sell it to your local game store. I know alot of my friends that have sent theirs in to get repaired and they usually die again within a year. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet. Unless you feel you could clean/repair it on your own, there's alot of good repair vid's on youtube. Good luck and best wishes to your PS3

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Problems that have been occurring past few months that leads me to believe this :
    • Hard drive has been acting up making ejecting noises when discs in.
    • Single player freezing/glitches currently seeing this in U3, causing me to restart.
    • As of late when I hit the ps3 shutdown button the light stays green so i have to pull the plug in the back.
    • Eject button sometimes dont work.
    • Sometimes I turn my ps3 on and only see a black screen.
    • Constantly restarting my ps3.

*Update when more problems occur
    Quite possible you have a corrupted or crashing hard drive. Or possibly a blu-ray failure. Never heard of a HD acting up making ejecting noises.

Only thing I can relate to with a problem on one of my slims. For about a month, I'd shut down my Slim and it would reboot automatically. So the only way I could shut it down was by pulling the plug out in the back. I don't think what you listed is a YLOD related issue as far as overheating. I've yet to hear of a single case of YLOD on a slim.