Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is the platinum trophy important for you?

This is a discussion on Is the platinum trophy important for you? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Platinums are a gem I seek out. I've bought games that I got tired with quickly, went back to them ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Platinums are a gem I seek out. I've bought games that I got tired with quickly, went back to them for a platinum and ended up really enjoying the game. Seeing everything the developers have done I appreciate the game even more. Even running around looking for feathers in AC, it takes you to every corner so you can see the beautiful sights. They've made me a more skilled gamer, and now I don't shy away from a challenge. I seek them out. Platinum's are very important to me, I would like to platinum all of my games at some point.

But I would never buy a game I don't like to get them, no way am I enduring Hannah Montana!

Lvl 6 - Silver

For me i think trophies are important because if you have platinum it means you completed the game or got all the secret weapons and other things..

Lvl 4 - Silver

a is not truly as important as the actual enjoyment of the gameplay itself. a platinum trophy is simply more of a bragging rights to say that you completed a game 100% but what then? are you going to not enjoy a game anymore after you have completed it?

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by infernal-exodus View Post
    If you spend $65 then yes platinum is important.
    i could say the same thing if i only spent $10 on the game. If striving for the plat gets me more value for the money spent, then i really feel like i got my money's worth.

Lvl 6 - Silver

some games just aren't worth the time needed to Plat the game. Take Rock Band 2 for instance - there are 4 trophies associated with the Endless Setlist, where you play all 85 songs in one set. One trophy each for Medium, Hard, and Expert difficulties, and another for completing the setlist without pausing (Bladder of Steel). There are a few songs on that disc that are hard as hell on Hard difficulty, there is no way i feel like putting in the time to practice for hours to squeak by on a handful of songs on Expert, let alone playing for 7.5 hours to get the Bladder of Steel trophy.
    It really comes down to time versus reward. If i went for all 4 of these trophies, i probably would never want to play this game genre ever again.

PRO Member

It will be no surprise to any of my friends on here that I enjoy platinums. Thats what they are there for, to achieve. It's pretty much when I know I'm done with a game and it's time to put it on the completed shelf!
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12