Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is the platinum trophy important for you?

This is a discussion on Is the platinum trophy important for you? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; In my opinion, i think platinum trophy is not so important. If the plat trophy difficulty is easy/moderate/hard,then i will ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is the platinum trophy important for you?

In my opinion, i think platinum trophy is not so important. If the plat trophy difficulty is easy/moderate/hard,then i will try get it. If too insane(like gt5 ><) ,then i will give up. Because playing a game mainly is fun but not plat trophy. What is your all opinion?

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by WoblierLeopard View Post
    In my opinion, i think platinum trophy is not so important. If the plat trophy difficulty is easy/moderate/hard,then i will try get it. If too insane(like gt5 ><) ,then i will give up. Because playing a game mainly is fun but not plat trophy. What is your all opinion?
    i couldnt agree with you more.i want to play a game that i enjoy then the platinum trophy is just an added bonus,but i am a bit of a trophy hunter so if i start a game and i dont really like it ill probably keep going till ive got it.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 10 - Platinum

not really, i will try to get platinums of games that i play but if i cant do it then i cant do it, i also wont play games that i dont like just to get trophies, i think the only game on my trophy list that i didnt enjoy was little big planet so i only got a few trophies, every other game i played to completion as far as i could go

Lvl 9 - Gold

I only go for Plat if they aren't so difficult. And if I like a game I'll try to Platinum it. Granted, I've only 3 Plats, but I only got my PS3 this year so I'm still working for some more. For example, I would like to Platinum a game like Star Ocean or Sengoku Basara, which I love and aren't too hard, but take a while to Plat (200+ hours). I would not Plat a game I don't like so much (like Battlefield or Killzone), especially because they have online Trophies, kill trophies, and I don't play online a lot.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 2 - Bronze

For some games yes because I love the game and I want to get 100% on it
    ★Greatness from small beginnings★

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If you spend $65 then yes platinum is important.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I love trying to get the trophies and especially the Plat but I do feel the mulitplayer aspect can sometimes make this a real pain and leads people to boosting (for example AC:Brotherhood)

I think all trophies should be for playing the story based game and not for mulitplayer. If you love a game you will play it online, no need to grind through levels and XP for trophies IMO

Lvl 7 - Gold

i play a game because i like the game, but then i will try to get a platinum as well

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I usually by the games I know I will love. It makes it much easier and more pleasant to platinum. Granted some of these platinum trophies take a lot of time but I love a challenge, whether they test my patience or gaming skills

I love football season!

I like to play games that I enjoy, so earning the platinum is normally just a bonus. I've only ever played one game to get the platinum (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1) and that was such a terrible game that I vowed to only play games that I'm truly interested in.

Getting the platinum for a game I enjoy is just icing on the cake.

iCard by pittsteeler36

Lvl 6 - Silver

I enjoy the challenge a Platinum Trophy presents. I enjoy collecting them but they can get really frustrating (looking at you MK vs DCU)

But that aside I prefer to play and enjoy a game and then go for the plat.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

trophies or die.

PRO Member

I agree with most on here that I usually don't play a game (or 100% it) if I don't like it. I only play and platinum games that I enjoy (or have enjoyed in the past). Lately I've been a sucker for the HD collections because I've done what it takes in the past for those select games and I love(d) doing it again! I just play the games for fun and getting the platinum is a nice extra for replay value on most games.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    i couldnt agree with you more.i want to play a game that i enjoy then the platinum trophy is just an added bonus,but i am a bit of a trophy hunter so if i start a game and i dont really like it ill probably keep going till ive got it.

Agreed. I don't see the point in buying games meant for 5 year olds that you hate just to get a plat.

Killer Avatar courtesy of Wadefan1

The One and Only

Platinum trophies only matter to me if I like the game enough or feel that I can plat it since it's already on my trophy list. I'm definitely hoping to get one more before the end of the year.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    ^^This!!^^ And, to add onto that: I want to get my money's worth. If the game has a lot of replay value, then yeah gotta hunt for the . But, mostly, I get them to enjoy the game to the fullest extent.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

plats are more important to me for it signifies that i havd done every challenge the developers have asked of me

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

The Temple of the King

I'll only buy games that I think I'll like- and if I love it, than the platinum is definitely a yes. If the game isn't as good as I was hoping, than the platinum will be a torturous one to get.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by WoblierLeopard View Post
    I completely agree.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've learned to only play games I like (or think I'll like) after playing such dreck as 'TERMINATOR : Salvation', 'Alone In The Dark :Inferno' and some of my kid's games I figured I'd go ahead and plat as long as I was playing them with him. Having said that though, part of my enjoyment in playing a game IS going for the platinum trophy and challenging myself in ways I might not have otherwise thought of through standard gameplay and completion. I've made it a point to plat every game I own and out of 35 proper PS3 titles, I've got 31 plats and will have 2 more when I finish MW2 & Arkham City. The other 2 have proven to be so damn difficult though, I may never complete them (Vanquish & Sports Champions). Anyhow, that's my 2 cents on the subject.....

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast