Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The "Zero Platinum" Club

This is a discussion on The "Zero Platinum" Club within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i dont feel ashamed, i just love that feeling of accomplishment when i earn a hard trophy. anyone else agree?...

Lvl 6 - Silver

i dont feel ashamed, i just love that feeling of accomplishment when i earn a hard trophy. anyone else agree?
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post
    I was just wondering how many people on PS3T have yet to achieve a single Platinum (like myself)?

Do you feel ashamed? Do you feel justified in giving up the quest for Platinum on certain games?

In my case, I always seem to have that 1 or 2 trophies that just seem impossible to achieve to gain the Platinum.

I'm halfway through level 10 on my gamer card. I consider myself a decent gamer (not great, but decent), and I almost feel like every time I see someone with a platinum on a game that I don't have a Platinum for, that they must be some obese, single virgin living in their mom's basement (That's a bit of an exageration, but you know what I mean, lol).

I have a couple of games where I'm literally 1 or 2 trophies short of Plat, but I just can't bring myself to go through (and grind in some cases) to get the trophy.

Anybody else in the same boat?
    You, my friend, have 13 potential 's. You just gotta hang in there. I have RE5, if you want, I can help you on PRO. Just let me know, and I'll help you get your 1st !!!!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i remember when i had zero plats. good times they were. then my friend encouraged me to get my first plat. it went downhill from there

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 6 - Silver

Just do what someone else has already told you : pick one game and stick w/ it. After you get your first Plat, you'll never look back and it'll be fun as hell. You'll love it. That's what happened to me a year and half ago. 31 platinums and counting, later - I'm loving every minute of it!

Also, you have some of the same games I do and I can tell you the only ones I can see in your profile that you might not get are possibly Red Dead Redemption (I've heard that one can be extremely time consuming and difficult) and Aliens vs. Predator (It's extremely difficult to begin with and there's almost nobody playing it online anymore). Otherwise, there's no reason you can't plat any of your games if you just put your mind to it, do the research on the Web and play, play, play!!!

Good luck to ya!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've got 13 Platinums since July...when I got the internet! My first plat was AC:Brotherhood, I was so surprised I never thought myself 'good enough' to get a platinum, but I stuck with it, spent night grinding just to earn it and as UrbanHellraiser says, it all went downhill (with bubbles of 'ding' happiness). Got two plat's in one weekend just to see if I could do it. Now I've turned into a trophy whore...

Having 0 platinums may just save your life!

The Playboy Wikipedia

I knew that feeling, not owning any Platinum trophies. But then I got one in Smackdown vs Raw 2010, when I got the trophy for unlocking everything. Later in the month, I got the Platinum for Sly 2 (which is an easy game to get a Platinum for).

As for getting the Tekken 6 Platinum, use Roger Jr. to face NANCY. Just spam his Wind-Up Punch, and dodge everything. That's how I got the NANCY trophy.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Everytime I see someone with zero platinums, I think wow, they must be some kind of sexy, super-popular fuckmachine living in a penthouse with gold walls and a roof made of mirrors. I wouldn't know what that felt like. Chasing trophies has made my dick fall off and turned my face inside out.
    Golden! Lol. Bravo.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post

As for getting the Tekken 6 Platinum, use Roger Jr. to face NANCY. Just spam his Wind-Up Punch, and dodge everything. That's how I got the NANCY trophy.
    I was always more adept with Jack 6 and I watched a lot of youtube videos of guys beating NANCY with Jack, but I just can't manage to dodge all of NANCY's attacks. It's very frustrating. Especially since NANCY isn't easy to get to. You have to play with the player 2 controller to get another shot at her. I just stopped trying after a dozen times.

Lvl 4 - Silver

until i can get online with my ps3 to update my trophy information, i have 0

(even though I actually have 3)

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Get bent...

At least you haven't taken the easy way out and gone for the cheap like myself and so many others have.

I'm sure that if you wanted a bad enough, you could always go after one of those easy ones.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

The Playboy Wikipedia

I was always more adept with Jack 6 and I watched a lot of youtube videos of guys beating NANCY with Jack, but I just can't manage to dodge all of NANCY's attacks. It's very frustrating. Especially since NANCY isn't easy to get to. You have to play with the player 2 controller to get another shot at her. I just stopped trying after a dozen times.
    Yeah Jack 8 works. Though the video I saw, they were using Roger Jr. Believe me, it works. It may take a while, but it's worth it
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

In my opinion going for the platinum makes you a better gamer. You'll try stuff over and over again just to get that hard trophy... I used to play a game on Normal, finish it, on to the next. Wanting a platinum force me into hard playthroughs, force me into playing online, force me into thinking about strategies more. Currently working on Infamous; I did the normal "good" karma playthrough... for the platinum, you have to finish the game on Hard & both karma's, so I'm now playing through again on Hard/"Evil". Before I would have put the game in the closet, pretty sure about that if you have a backlog like mine... but now I am playing it again & actually, that's the most fun and provides the most challenge. Sometimes it can be an utterly grind (looking at you Final Fantasy XIII), but most of the times it's ok. Anyhow, if you get the platinum, you got everything out of the game (in 90% of the cases) and it just feels good in a certain way, might call it addictive even

Lvl 4 - Silver

Once you push yourself to get that first one you'll never look back. I stumbled into my first platinum (DiRT 2) through normal play. Then I got a taste for it, collected the last of the feathers for AC2 and now I try for as many trophies as possible if I enjoy the game enough.

It just takes the initial step.

Sig by Dsluckay/ Avy by In2
    "I know why you're here. And we're all here, cause we're not all there."

Local Drunk

The reason I finally got my first platinum was cause I was sick of looking at it being at 90% and the reason I don't have more is I don't care enough about trophies to get more. I don't care if I have 1 plat or 50, just as long as I enjoy playing games.

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqoz View Post
    Not really. I think the majority of games have moderat platinum-difficulity but also time-consuming. IMO the greatest challenge to the plat is patient. If you want the plat so badly just stick with it, it will be boring if you dont like the game, but that how its. The skill factor is very low IMO.
    Iraqoz said it all. You must be patient. VERY patient. And keep on trying

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think the key thing is having the time to go for a Plat before another game grabs your attention. Just for an example D1mech in the post above has 10 plats compared to my 1. This is because he has only 12 games listed (which he has clearly mastered) whereas I have 27 games because every few months theres something new I want. I'm close to getting 100% on LA Noire but won't get there cause come Friday (AKA Skyrim day) I will be too busy playing my new game. Hoping in time to go back and plat the games I got close on but whilst they keep releasing new games that I want I'm screwed.

SEEMS LEGIT!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Everytime I see someone with zero platinums, I think wow, they must be some kind of sexy, super-popular fuckmachine living in a penthouse with gold walls and a roof made of mirrors. I wouldn't know what that felt like. Chasing trophies has made my dick fall off and turned my face inside out.
    My dick fell off laughing at your post!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Can i join your club Spiderman_Geek ?

PRO Member

I was actually hoping to Plat X-Men Origins: Wolverine for my first, but Mastering every skill takes a lot of grinding. Another close in is Tekken 6. All I have left to do is beat NANCY, I was just never able to do it.

I don't own AC2, so I'll probably never Plat it. I don't feel like renting it just to find feathers. Great game though.

I don't know, as patient of a man as I am, I just don't seem to have the patience to grind those last couple of trophies.

That stupid Dead Space trophy almost had me chucking my controller at the screen. I tend to call it quits before that happens.

I wish I could achieve a Plat, but can't seem to devote the time for it.
    On Tekken Six the the Trophy Guide on this site i believe gives you tips on how to beat Nancy. You can just restart the fight with her and keep going from that same fight! believe me after that first one it get easier. I dont have many but the ones i do have are an accomplishment. Ooh by the way i do weigh 280, live with my mom to help her out with bills, i have 3 teenager, a girl fiend (misspelling intentional) and i work 40+ hrs a week.Even with all that i am still decent gamer! LOL so dont give up use the tools this site gives you.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Over half my platinums are ones i said "I will never plat this"but than i did, some quick,some not(NGS2 almost 2yrs,came back to it)

But like every other person here I started the same as them when PSN kicked shiny's in....with ZERO platinums, just keep gaming man, youll get that first one, than second,3rd & on & on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast