Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The "Zero Platinum" Club

This is a discussion on The "Zero Platinum" Club within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; play games you likeand before you know it u will have a plat....

PRO Member

play games you likeand before you know it u will have a plat.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Took me like 8 months to get 9 plats

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    play games you likeand before you know it u will have a plat.
    this plus a lil dedication to the cause will get anyone a plat. most games have grinding, or time consuming trophies (tend to be both), but if u really want a plat u push urself towards it. either way, its not the end of the world not to have one.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

that they must be some obese, single virgin living in their mom's basement (That's a bit of an exageration, but you know what I mean, lol).

thats funny.. Im a 46 yro gamer, i only work 3 1/2 days a week.. Platinums on ps3 games just make you feel like you accomplished all the feats in a game that the developers feels as completing the challenges that a game can offer , Just wait till you get that first 1 .. i will get addictive .. im got impossible mode to do on dead space 2 so i undertand your feelings on the platinum issue,, I have 13 more games to platinum, now that "grinds my gears " as Peter would say in the Family Guy>

Regional Manager of War

Just play games you enjoy, ignore the difficulty, or these guides online. Play for fun first plat second and in no time you will have one. Then thats when the addiction kicks in

The Temple of the King

Platinum's are half the fun of the game, if you like the challenge. But there are some games that I feel that aren't worth the time and effort to get....

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 5 - Silver

GTA5: 54/59

If you still in the club then make this awesome game to be your first plat. you really are very close. Use your power on this one and enjoy the achievement
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by iraqoz View Post
    GTA5: 54/59

If you still in the club then make this awesome game to be your first plat. you really are very close. Use your power on this one and enjoy the achievement
    GT5 you mean? 55/59 now. Only missing 3 trophies for plat, but they are doozies. I honestly don't see myself platting this game... as much of a GT5 addict that I am, it's just not gonna happen.

Gotham's Reckoning

There's no reason to be ashamed to have zero plats. You should get plats for games you enjoy. My first plat was Uncharted and it took me three playthroughs to get it but I did three playthroughs of Uncharted even before trophies were added but still enjoyed it nevertheless.

Btw I'm in agreement with iraqoz, you should go for GT5 as you first plat, it would be an epic first plat.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Vive La Révelation!

Look at me, I'm not trying to have a ton of platinums. I just want to have platinum's of the games that I really love playing.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ok, you guys keep saying that, but I've enjoyed and still enjoy all of the games I've played. I still play all of the Uncharteds and Tekken and GT5. I play GT5 on a daily basis, since its release. I'm on the final battle of InFamous on both Good/Evil and Normal/Hard difficulties, I just can't seem to be able to defeat the final boss. And even still, I wouldn't have the plat. I'd probably have to play again, but I'm not that big of a fan of the game.

I LOVE the Wolverine game, but at this point, gaining the plat is just too tedious. (Collect all dog tags, master all skillz, finish the game on Hard).

It just sucks, cause I really am a decent gamer, but I feel as if I can't consider myself a good gamer unless I have a plat. But the funny thing is, to achieve a plat you don't necessarely have to be good, you just need a lot of patience.

I'm almost detemrined to just keep playing, gaining any and all trophies I can to level up my gamer card.. but the longer I can go without a plat, the better. lol. I wanna see how high of a PSN level I can reach without any plats.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Who else on this site has no plats? Do you feel inadequate or do you just not care?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post
    Who else on this site has no plats? Do you feel inadequate or do you just not care?
    Me and HELL NO. Dude, you need to get a dose of self esteem. Thereīs actually 2 reason I donīt have plat. First one being Iīve spent most of my ps3 gaming on none trophy games (Valkyrie Chronicle, Heavenly Sword, MGS 4) since I got a ps3 this summer. Been a avid 360 gamer before. Second one being Iīm waiting for a game that will blow me away, leave me dazzled, confused and scared shitless for itīs pure awesomeness to plat. Hoping for Persona 5 , yeah sweet sweet first plat on Persona 5....oh plzz....oh srry. Rant over
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

I also don't have any...but that's because my account that had 18 of them got banned

I'll get the plat for MW3 and Skyrim though. MW3 because it's not hard to get shooter plats at all, and Skyrim because i'm obsessed with it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Anthnytdwg View Post
    I also don't have any...but that's because my account that had 18 of them got banned

I'll get the plat for MW3 and Skyrim though. MW3 because it's not hard to get shooter plats at all, and Skyrim because i'm obsessed with it.
    Why did you get banned? ( just donīt want it to happen to me)
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Why did you get banned? ( just donīt want it to happen to me)
    Offensive name, you are fine.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post
    I was just wondering how many people on PS3T have yet to achieve a single Platinum (like myself)?

Do you feel ashamed? Do you feel justified in giving up the quest for Platinum on certain games?

In my case, I always seem to have that 1 or 2 trophies that just seem impossible to achieve to gain the Platinum.

I'm halfway through level 10 on my gamer card. I consider myself a decent gamer (not great, but decent), and I almost feel like every time I see someone with a platinum on a game that I don't have a Platinum for, that they must be some obese, single virgin living in their mom's basement (That's a bit of an exageration, but you know what I mean, lol).

I have a couple of games where I'm literally 1 or 2 trophies short of Plat, but I just can't bring myself to go through (and grind in some cases) to get the trophy.

Anybody else in the same boat?
    You don't have to be an obese single virgin living in their mothers basement to get a platinum on burnout paradise lol.
    Trophy Hunter by day, Trophy Hunter by night.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah, I'm stuck at burnout Paradise. It just takes too damn long to hunt those trophies. I already got like 12 hours into that game and I'm nowhere near a Plat.

So it's been a while since I've started this thread and as much as I tried to trophy hunt, I'm still without a plat. I don't know how some of you do it. Even playing Arkham City, there's a few trophies I'll never achieve.

I can't be the only one with 700+ trophies and no plat though. Anyone else?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Honestly, I enjoy playing games. Many of them have stuff in them that I don't enjoy. I am not going to spend massive amounts of time with stuff that is boring just to get a trophy. I have a few platinums but that is because I really enjoyed the game and the trophies were reasonable. Don't know if I will ever go back to ACII because I missed the fly swatter trophy and don't really want to run around for hours finding feathers. There are plenty of games that I gave up the trophy hunt because it wasn't worth the effort.
    Personally I would like to see the developers spend a little more quality time making good tasks for trophies and not just silly stuff. Too many trophies are just about do I have enough time to spend with this.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i suggest finding a friend who is in to gaming and challenge each other to whom platinum a game you both like until one of you do the rest will take it's place naturally before you know it you'd be on your way to number 100 !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast