Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

The "Zero Platinum" Club

This is a discussion on The "Zero Platinum" Club within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Yeah I got zero, I like trophies but I'm not gonna do grindy or tedious things for a plat, if ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah I got zero, I like trophies but I'm not gonna do grindy or tedious things for a plat, if it unlocked costumes or stuff to play around with in-game that would be different.

I guess I could listen to music while doing them but not until I actually finish all the games I own, I'm so backlogged

I don't see a problem with people going for lots of Plats though, as long as you are enjoying your spare time then it's good.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    i suggest finding a friend who is in to gaming and challenge each other to whom platinum a game you both like until one of you do the rest will take it's place naturally before you know it you'd be on your way to number 100 !!
    I have no friends that game as much as I do.. and those who might, tend to own an Xbox.. so I don't associate with those people anymore! :p (kidding, lol).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

P.S. I'm still, as of now, sans Plat.

I think I've pretty much reached the end of the line for Batman Arkham City Trophies as far as my patience and skill go. I'm going to be moving on from this game soon to finish my 2 Transformers games.

Legend...Nuff Said

At first I didn't even really know what trophies were. I got my PS3 before the trophy patch and suddenly with some games I kept getting this 'ding' and the trophy popped up. I soon went to Korea (where I am now) and never got my PS3 until back in September 2011. Before Sept I didn't really care that much cause I just played PS3 once at a friends, but what got me hooked on them was Dead Nation's 'Romero would be Proud' Plat. As I've said on many thread I am a big Romero fan so I just wanted to plat that one game just for the sake of the trophy and fandom.
    Soon after I got hooked. From Sept 2011 to now I've gotten 3 plats and 470 trophies.

Do I feel shame for not platting a game? I will admit it looks weird and it would look nicer to see all Plats running down my screen, but to me its cost and reward. Do I like the game enough to put the time into platting it since I've already beaten it once? If the answer is yes, then I will. Or it might be I enjoy playing it with friends like WKC, so I'll aim for the plat for that reason. But if a game ever starts to become a chore and a grind for the sake of a trophy I will put it on hold and take a step back. Trophy Hunting is something I'll do for fun and be smart about. If it starts to feel like work I'll stop playing that game and play a different one.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Click-Click-Kaboom

Well I have Zero plats either, but I just play to have fun and enjoy myself. But if I did ever plat a game I have a few picked out that will be my first.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Don't be ashamed man and just keep doing what your doing. We all game differently. My first plat was WWE Legends of Wrestlemania and I am a huge WWE fan and when I got that one it was rewarding for me personally. I do have "easy" plats on my list but at the same time I was trying out new games and honestly playing games I wouldn't even touch before with a 10 foot pole. I do enjoy trophy hunting/whoring but don't let it take away from enjoying a game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Miles off a platinum, playing through Dragon Age 2, still have to get most of the dlc to do that one, may start DA tonight though

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Update... still platless.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Update: I can no longer be part of this thread.

Yay me? lol.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post
    Update: I can no longer be part of this thread.

Yay me? lol.
    congratz ...you're one of us now

Sig by Smashguy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234