Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The "Zero Platinum" Club

This is a discussion on The "Zero Platinum" Club within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was just wondering how many people on PS3T have yet to achieve a single Platinum (like myself)? Do you ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The "Zero Platinum" Club

I was just wondering how many people on PS3T have yet to achieve a single Platinum (like myself)?

Do you feel ashamed? Do you feel justified in giving up the quest for Platinum on certain games?

In my case, I always seem to have that 1 or 2 trophies that just seem impossible to achieve to gain the Platinum.

I'm halfway through level 10 on my gamer card. I consider myself a decent gamer (not great, but decent), and I almost feel like every time I see someone with a platinum on a game that I don't have a Platinum for, that they must be some obese, single virgin living in their mom's basement (That's a bit of an exageration, but you know what I mean, lol).

I have a couple of games where I'm literally 1 or 2 trophies short of Plat, but I just can't bring myself to go through (and grind in some cases) to get the trophy.

Anybody else in the same boat?

Huge Gaming Backlog

I can see your first plats being Dead Space and Assassins Creed 2. You are missing the same trophies as me before I decided to plat those games.

Dead Space on the hardest level can be difficult at the start but once you start buying and upgrading your weapons it becomes much easier. You just have to to stick with it.

Assassins Creed 2 will be the easiest to plat. Just google something like Assassins Creed 2 feather locations and you will find a map with all the feathers on it. As for the other trophies you just have to find the right spot to do them. Look them up on YouTube, there is bound to be videos on them.

Hang in there and you will have your first plat. Once you get your first one you won't look back.

Killer Avatar courtesy of Wadefan1

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I remember not being bothered about trophies and Platinums but after getting my first I didnt look back. Every Plat i get is an achievement now (except one) and I just get the feeling I can finally put the game to bed.

Kid, not loser

At the beginning ofthis year I only had 2 plats, Uncharted 2 and Sly 1... I used to think plats were nearly impossible. Then I played Dead Space 2 and loved it so much I wanted to plat, and I did. Then I thought if I can plat this I can plat most others, so I got to work and 52 plats has been my total so far this year and about to get Uncharted 3.

Just stick to 1, finish it no matter what, then let the rest come in time.

PRO Member

I am not obese or live with my parents, lol. I just enjoy the completion factor with games and with that comes a platinum...I really don't think it has anything to do with how good you are at games, either. It's just something else to do after beating the game.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    At the beginning ofthis year I only had 2 plats, Uncharted 2 and Sly 1... I used to think plats were nearly impossible. Then I played Dead Space 2 and loved it so much I wanted to plat, and I did. Then I thought if I can plat this I can plat most others, so I got to work and 52 plats has been my total so far this year and about to get Uncharted 3.

Just stick to 1, finish it no matter what, then let the rest come in time.
    That's pretty ridiculous that you got that many in just one year. You must have a shit ton of free time, lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't really care about Plats, to me it makes no difference whether I have 0 or 50...I got mine just because I was bored. For example, I got all the U2 Trophies just replaying the game because I love it so much. in inFamous I got it because I thought finsing all blast shards would increase my powers (which didn't, lol) and I Plat'd ACII because i loved it and I just wanted to get all the feathers for the sake of exploring and jumping around. I do check Trophy lists but not for any particular reason.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    That's pretty ridiculous that you got that many in just one year. You must have a shit ton of free time, lol.
    I do, but I also have a life. I hang with friends often, I go to college full time. But before I started plating games I used to buy every major one that was out and just beat it once. Now that I plat games all I really had to do was go back and play the games once more (usually). I still have fun with it and set many goals for myself. I never thought I could ever get up this far in my whole life, but I did, and I am proud of it.

Also finding this site there are many people willing to help you. It just makes plating that much more easier and funner when your able to make friends.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post
    I consider myself a decent gamer (not great, but decent), and I almost feel like every time I see someone with a platinum on a game that I don't have a Platinum for, that they must be some obese, single virgin living in their mom's basement (That's a bit of an exageration, but you know what I mean, lol).
    Definitely not me! I have obtained 33 Platinum trophies within my Year and a half of owning a PS3. My girlfriend was banging hot, and in College. I have game with girls, and look good and am In shape. The only thing that may come close is that I live with my Grandma. LMAO.

Its nothing to be ashamed of, if you don't.

Its just a hobby for some of us. I feel that I have an accomplishment, and that accomplishment is to achieve either a perfect 100% for a game, or obtain the Platinum trophy for it at least. I would say many other members here possibly feel that same way about their games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was actually hoping to Plat X-Men Origins: Wolverine for my first, but Mastering every skill takes a lot of grinding. Another close in is Tekken 6. All I have left to do is beat NANCY, I was just never able to do it.

I don't own AC2, so I'll probably never Plat it. I don't feel like renting it just to find feathers. Great game though.

I don't know, as patient of a man as I am, I just don't seem to have the patience to grind those last couple of trophies.

That stupid Dead Space trophy almost had me chucking my controller at the screen. I tend to call it quits before that happens.

I wish I could achieve a Plat, but can't seem to devote the time for it.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I was actually hoping to Plat X-Men Origins: Wolverine for my first, but Mastering every skill takes a lot of grinding. Another close in is Tekken 6. All I have left to do is beat NANCY, I was just never able to do it.

I don't own AC2, so I'll probably never Plat it. I don't feel like renting it just to find feathers. Great game though.

I don't know, as patient of a man as I am, I just don't seem to have the patience to grind those last couple of trophies.

That stupid Dead Space trophy almost had me chucking my controller at the screen. I tend to call it quits before that happens.

I wish I could achieve a Plat, but can't seem to devote the time for it.
    dont worry about plats mate.yeah its good to have them but play to what suits you best.theres a guy on my psn friends list and i think he has like 1 plat maybe 2 and loads of other trophies so much so that i know his level is a little bit higher than mine.good luck all the same in your future game playing

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

all platinums take time to achieve but when you get that final trophy needed for the platinum it makes it all worthwhile. if you get stuck in a game then play another game then come back to it later. take your time its not a race

I make my own mayo!

's aren't easy, but a lot of them are hard. I guess what I'm trying to say is pick a game and stick with it until you get a . Good luck.
    I was just wondering how many people on PS3T have yet to achieve a single Platinum (like myself)?

Do you feel ashamed? Do you feel justified in giving up the quest for Platinum on certain games?

In my case, I always seem to have that 1 or 2 trophies that just seem impossible to achieve to gain the Platinum.

I'm halfway through level 10 on my gamer card. I consider myself a decent gamer (not great, but decent), and I almost feel like every time I see someone with a platinum on a game that I don't have a Platinum for, that they must be some obese, single virgin living in their mom's basement (That's a bit of an exageration, but you know what I mean, lol).

I have a couple of games where I'm literally 1 or 2 trophies short of Plat, but I just can't bring myself to go through (and grind in some cases) to get the trophy.

Anybody else in the same boat?

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Player Hater

I consider myself a decent gamer (not great, but decent), and I almost feel like every time I see someone with a platinum on a game that I don't have a Platinum for, that they must be some obese, single virgin living in their mom's basement
    Everytime I see someone with zero platinums, I think wow, they must be some kind of sexy, super-popular fuckmachine living in a penthouse with gold walls and a roof made of mirrors. I wouldn't know what that felt like. Chasing trophies has made my dick fall off and turned my face inside out.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dj_keyser View Post
    everytime i see someone with zero platinums, i think wow, they must be some kind of sexy, super-popular fuckmachine living in a penthouse with gold walls and a roof made of mirrors. I wouldn't know what that felt like. Chasing trophies has made my dick fall off and turned my face inside out.
    lol!!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by sloppywaffle View Post
    's aren't easy, but a lot of them are hard. I guess what I'm trying to say is pick a game and stick with it until you get a . Good luck.
    Not really. I think the majority of games have moderat platinum-difficulity but also time-consuming. IMO the greatest challenge to the plat is patient. If you want the plat so badly just stick with it, it will be boring if you dont like the game, but that how its. The skill factor is very low IMO.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Everytime I see someone with zero platinums, I think wow, they must be some kind of sexy, super-popular fuckmachine living in a penthouse with gold walls and a roof made of mirrors. I wouldn't know what that felt like. Chasing trophies has made my dick fall off and turned my face inside out.

Hilarious.

I make my own mayo!

Ya I totally missed that paragraph. But you couldn't be more correct. I however prefer the term morbidly obese. I get fed KFC through an IV setup in my mom/sister's basement where I game 24/7 and I don't even have that many plats. I also hire a really cool and hansome guy named Darren to pose as me in public and for photo ops.

I almost feel like every time I see someone with a platinum on a game that I don't have a Platinum for, that they must be some obese, single virgin living in their mom's basement
    Last edited by sloppywaffle; 11-07-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I do, but I also have a life. I hang with friends often, I go to college full time. But before I started plating games I used to buy every major one that was out and just beat it once. Now that I plat games all I really had to do was go back and play the games once more (usually). I still have fun with it and set many goals for myself. I never thought I could ever get up this far in my whole life, but I did, and I am proud of it.

Also finding this site there are many people willing to help you. It just makes plating that much more easier and funner when your able to make friends.
    I agree. I didn't think I'd be up even this high (and it's not) but it is fun to set goals and achieve them!

Since Aug. 09

lmfao
    i have a feeling Uncharted 3 will be your first platinum.

Dominate!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast