Am I screwed?

This is a discussion on Am I screwed? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Should have I deleted my master account before sended my ps3 for repairs? Could not backup my saves cause could ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Am I screwed?

Should have I deleted my master account before sended my ps3 for repairs? Could not backup my saves cause could not find any flash drives at any stores. The only thing I deleted was some pictures I downloaded.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Deactivate your account before you send it away. Sometimes they send you another system. Deleting your account will not deactivate your account from that system.

Your allowed to register your account on 5 systems. So if the one you sent away was your 5th one, yea, yer screwed.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i didn't deactivate it. already sent. am i screwed? not 5th one.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Relax. From what I understand, you can manage your active accounts using their website online starting on the 18th, so you can just deactivate that system if you get a replacement.

As mentioned above, deleting is not the same as activating. You have to go into your account management and select deactivate system.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 4 - Silver

weren't they gonna allow us to deactivate accounts through pc soon anyway, due to having to change the download limit?

i think so...
    either way, you're fine...as long as you didn't have any personal files on there you can't get back then..you're good =]
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

On the edge

Sony will deactivate the accounts on the console if they end up sending you an different unit......so no worries.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by VANDRO View Post
    Deactivate your account before you send it away. Sometimes they send you another system. Deleting your account will not deactivate your account from that system.

Your allowed to register your account on 5 systems. So if the one you sent away was your 5th one, yea, yer screwed.
    Starting on the 18th, that will change to only 2 systems.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I called Sony about deactivating my account and they said I would have to start a new one if they did. So good thing I did not.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Yep your screwed.

Actually you did the right thing, now you can use the same PSN account on your new system (if you get a new system), then go online when the site is up to deactivate your old one on your old console.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

PRO Member

Your fine dude