Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

How old is your PS3 now?and how is the condition of your PS3?

This is a discussion on How old is your PS3 now?and how is the condition of your PS3? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I still have my 80gig Fat from 2008. The only thing that ever happened to mine is. The original controller ...

Platinum Dohvakiin

I still have my 80gig Fat from 2008. The only thing that ever happened to mine is. The original controller for it finally died the other day. As far as the actual PS3. Never had a problem with it. And it still runs the same way as the day I got it.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Stop looking at me swan!

I got my 160GB fat in Christmas of 2008 so mine is heading towards 3 years now. My PS3 is pretty much in good condition and the only mishap was when stuff got spilled on it and I broke it open to clean it out to find out nothing really got in there. Still going strong. Only real issue is it doesn't like to eject disks efficiently anymore so I have to hold down eject and wait for the disk to come to the edge to pull it out. I'm assuming it's due to the 160GB's cheapness since the whole thing is built rather differently than the older models, and not exactly in a good way.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have an old 80gb. I have played a bunch of PS2 games on it, but its still hanging in there!

Threat

I got mine in November 2009, so I've had it for 2 years now. It's in perfect condition although 1 of my 2 controllers has a broken left analog stick.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

I got a 320gb about 2-3 months ago.

I'm taking better care of this one. When I pulled my old one out of the shelf I was pretty disappointed in myself for letting so much dust build up on it. So, I pull this on out every week for cleaning.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

about 4 months now got it after my 60gb got the YLOD!

Up the Irons!

I got my 80 GB (along with Killzone 2 and MGS 4 for free!) on my birthday, July 25, 2009. So over 2 years and it's still working perfectly.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Mine is about 1 year old now. It's frozen or crashed maybe 20-30 times so far but no permanent damage. It seems to get very hot but maybe that's just the way slims are built.

Game on....

I purchased my 40GB PS3 on the 14th March 2008 and that got the YLOD on 16th July 2010. I then purchased a slim 120GB PS3 with Uncharted 2 on the 20th July 2010 which has been flawless since purchase. Not one problem at all...

Galaxy beauty pirate

I still have my fat 80GB since december 2008, so he's almost 3 years old already.
    Still working good, as always. Sometimes it freezes, but that d's pretty rare.
    Hope my PS3 will work for another few years.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My 250 GB PS3 is 1 year and 2 months, nothing has ever happened to it, but it froze one time when I was playing Uncharted 1

дурак

I have a 120GB slim PS3 and it should be about a year and a half here in December. I bought it June/July of 2010.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have a 120GB Slim PS3 and it is 1 year and 5 months and it's working beautifully no freezing or crashing..

Indie Game Developer

Mine's 3 and a half years old, and it's still running like a champ. I vacuum is out every couple weeks to keep the dust out, and I keep it well ventilated. It should hopefully last me a long time.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

120GB Slim bought it back in October 2009 and the only problem I have is some games freeze sometimes.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have an 80GB PS3 that I bought 3 years ago this upcoming black friday. It runs pretty good, never had any serious problems with it so I can't complain.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 4 - Silver

i got my ps3 as a birthday gift in 2008...i worry here and there, but believe the universe is good enough that it'll let me save for a new one (and transfer the data) before it decides to kill this one
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Lvl 9 - Gold

80gb at the end of 07 was the first Ps3. Besides the Blu-ray lense crashing about 4 months ago and me spending $35 to fix it myself. I've had 0 problems with it and it's still running strong. Maybe not brand new strong, but haven't had an issue unless it's a shitty games fault.

2nd Ps3 I picked up in the middle of 08, it was a Used 40gb from Ebay. I got a YLOD about a year after I purchased it. Fixed it myself, it's been running strong ever since with 0 problems. Permanent YLOD fix

3rd Ps3 I got a 120gb Slim in 09. The harddrive crashed 2 months after getting the Ps3, but other than that. No problems.

4th Ps3 I got about 4 months ago when my Blu-ray Lense died on my 80gb Model. It's running like a champ although for about 2-3 weeks when I'd turn it off, it would turn back on... Couldn't stop it or fix it. It fixed itself eventually lol.

5th Ps3 I bought and gave to my brother last year, running great. So I don't have to lug more ps3's to his house when I come over.

6th Ps3 I bought and gave to my nephew. Same excuse as above. Plus, I like having him on PSN and playing games with me .
    Last edited by Minarum; 11-08-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: more specific

PRO Member

I've had my slim for about 11months. Works great. Got rid of my 80g BC when I bought this one. It was still running fine, but I wanted to get a slim before I started having problems with the fatty.

PRO Member

ps3 80gb one year then it died, free replacment from sony - been going 3 years and a fee freezes but it's all good, I just recommend backing it up incase it dies and using playstation plus for copy protected saves, but I don't use the playstation plus thing but that just helps make sure you will never ever lose a save

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast