Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

EA Confirms Battlefield 4

This is a discussion on EA Confirms Battlefield 4 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; President of Electronic Arts, Frank Gibeau has said that they have plans to develop a sequel to the recent Battlefield ...

  1. #1
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    EA Confirms Battlefield 4

    President of Electronic Arts, Frank Gibeau has said that they have plans to develop a sequel to the recent Battlefield 3.

    Speaking during a keynote at the University of Southern California, Gibeau simply said, "There is going to be a Battlefield 4."
    "Frank was speaking broadly about the Battlefield brand - a brand that EA is deeply passionate about and a fan community that EA is committed to," said the firm.
    Source: Playstation Universe

  2. #2
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    oh for the love of pete......why not take 2-3 years to make the most awesome game ever and get it right and have it played for years to come instead of doing this crap and releasing title after title. breathe fellas..... breathe

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  3. #3
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    oh for the love of pete......why not take 2-3 years to make the most awesome game ever and get it right and have it played for years to come instead of doing this crap and releasing title after title. breathe fellas..... breathe
    They announcing a sequel = they releasing the sequel in a year.

    The game will surely take 2-3 years of development, so I wouldn't worry about that.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  4. #4
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    Since when is Battlefield released year after year? Battlefield 3 was in development for years and the Bad Company series was aid just to test the ground in the new technology (Frost Bite).
    Anyways, this is amazing news and I can't wait for DICE to make another amazing game. I do hope they make a 2142 remake called 2143?

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  5. #5
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    They announcing a sequel = they releasing the sequel in a year.

    The game will surely take 2-3 years of development, so I wouldn't worry about that.
    well if they follow trend with other developers we'll be looking at BF4 this time next year. i wouldn't be surprised if that happens. i hope not.....but i won't be surprised one bit

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  6. #6
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    well if they follow trend with other developers we'll be looking at BF4 this time next year. i wouldn't be surprised if that happens. i hope not.....but i won't be surprised one bit
    I highly doubt that with DICE. They'll probably release some spin offs to test the ground for their new engine (Frost Bite 3.0). I know I'm going to pass on Bad Company 3, 4, and stay with BF3.

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  7. #7
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    well if they follow trend with other developers we'll be looking at BF4 this time next year. i wouldn't be surprised if that happens. i hope not.....but i won't be surprised one bit
    It won't, thanks to the Frostbyte engine beind hard to develop for. Also, EA isn't stupid and they'll be releasing a sequel to last year's Medal of Honor next year (at least that's what some people have told me).

    So yeah, stop thinking they'll release BF4 next year, because it ain't happening-

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  8. #8
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It won't, thanks to the Frostbyte engine beind hard to develop for. Also, EA isn't stupid and they'll be releasing a sequel to last year's Medal of Honor next year (at least that's what some people have told me).

    So yeah, stop thinking they'll release BF4 next year, because it ain't happening-
    This. They are releasing the new Medal Of Honor possibly next year, so I would think BF4 would take a little while longer to develop.

  9. #9
    Ghost Assassin
    Danko1900's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Crimson Raiders HQ
    Posts
    828
    Reputation
    13

    Hypothetically speaking, if they were to release it next year, would you get it? Although I doubt they would begin releasing year after year, I would definitely not buy it day 1 and I would wait to see various reviews of the game.

  10. #10
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,057
    Reputation
    178

    i bet you they said it because Activision said the next CoD will be next year

    Sig by Apokolypz



  11. #11
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It won't, thanks to the Frostbyte engine beind hard to develop for. Also, EA isn't stupid and they'll be releasing a sequel to last year's Medal of Honor next year (at least that's what some people have told me).

    So yeah, stop thinking they'll release BF4 next year, because it ain't happening-
    Not to mention that they'll most likely release some spin offs to really test the power of the newer version of Frostbite (Bad Company) and if they're smart they'll remake a classic like... 2142. (2143!)

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  12. #12
    PRO Member
    Curse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    715
    Reputation
    102

    2143 with the new destruction would be sick, using the walkers to wreck buildings etc

    Saying that, I'd put money on them rolling it bi-yearly between MoH and battlefield. This announcement will just be a reaction to activision announcing a new cod next year

    Think of MoH as being a side project, BF3.5, or a more refined and perfected BF3, whilst they whip up the stunning new features of BF4

  13. #13
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It won't, thanks to the Frostbyte engine beind hard to develop for. Also, EA isn't stupid and they'll be releasing a sequel to last year's Medal of Honor next year (at least that's what some people have told me).

    So yeah, stop thinking they'll release BF4 next year, because it ain't happening-
    Nag is right.

    EA said some months ago that Medal of Honor and Battlfield would alternate annually. Don't expect to see BF4 until 2013 at the earliest.

  14. #14
    Huge Gaming Backlog
    Reiner's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    STRAYA
    Posts
    775
    Reputation
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    oh for the love of pete......why not take 2-3 years to make the most awesome game ever and get it right and have it played for years to come instead of doing this crap and releasing title after title. breathe fellas..... breathe

    Seriously. They better put some effort into the next one. I've just finished the single player campaign and I was not impressed. To be honest it was pure shit and I won't be playing through again.
    They're going to ruin the game by punching them out so quickly just to make a heap of money. If they took their time it would be a game you could buy and play over and over again, not once and then trade the crap in.
    I won't be rushing out to buy BF3.

    Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247



  15. #15
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    Seriously. They better put some effort into the next one. I've just finished the single player campaign and I was not impressed. To be honest it was pure shit and I won't be playing through again.
    They're going to ruin the game by punching them out so quickly just to make a heap of money. If they took their time it would be a game you could buy and play over and over again, not once and then trade the crap in.
    I won't be rushing out to buy BF3.
    Ar you ******ed? Did you actually buy BF3 to have an amazing campaign when it's completely obvious that Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer orientated game with a tacked on SP for getting used to the games mechanics? If you say the multiplayer was garbage then you have a bad taste in FPS games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    2143 with the new destruction would be sick, using the walkers to wreck buildings etc

    Saying that, I'd put money on them rolling it bi-yearly between MoH and battlefield. This announcement will just be a reaction to activision announcing a new cod next year

    Think of MoH as being a side project, BF3.5, or a more refined and perfected BF3, whilst they whip up the stunning new features of BF4
    I wouldn't think of a BF every other year. I think maybe it would be BF, MOH, BF:BC, MOH, BF. I really think it will be that way, at least I hope so they can put a huge amount of effort into the core BF games like with BF3. BF:BC is just meant to signify a spin off titles to test Frostbite/ New Game modes(Rush) ).

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  16. #16
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    V-_ELITE_-V's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    54
    Reputation
    0

    After the success that they've had with Battlefield 3 (sale-wise), Battlefield 4 is a must future release. So, this is not a surprise. Anyhow, a lot can change in the upcoming years (Doomsday 2012? lol jk), so just let the "announcement" of Battlefield 4 sit aside while you enjoy Battlefield 3. It just came out like last month lol.
    PS3Trophies - Member Since January 2010



    Currently Playing: CoD 5 - World at War & Uncharted 2

  17. #17
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Ar you ******ed? Did you actually buy BF3 to have an amazing campaign when it's completely obvious that Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer orientated game with a tacked on SP for getting used to the games mechanics? If you say the multiplayer was garbage then you have a bad taste in FPS games.

    I wouldn't think of a BF every other year. I think maybe it would be BF, MOH, BF:BC, MOH, BF. I really think it will be that way, at least I hope so they can put a huge amount of effort into the core BF games like with BF3. BF:BC is just meant to signify a spin off titles to test Frostbite/ New Game modes(Rush) ).
    It's the fact that they decided to include a campaign and it just blows. They would have been better off without it.

    And I was just thinking, if they alternated BF, MoH, BF:BC every year each game would only have like 1 yr worth of develpoment right? If I'm doing my math right ......

  18. #18
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    It's the fact that they decided to include a campaign and it just blows. They would have been better off without it.

    And I was just thinking, if they alternated BF, MoH, BF:BC every year each game would only have like 1 yr worth of develpoment right? If I'm doing my math right ......
    BF3 has been in development since like BF2. They had a whole team devoted to BF3 with some smaller teams working on the spin offs.

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  19. #19
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    It's the fact that they decided to include a campaign and it just blows. They would have been better off without it.

    And I was just thinking, if they alternated BF, MoH, BF:BC every year each game would only have like 1 yr worth of develpoment right? If I'm doing my math right ......
    This is why I doubt you are in Honors, your math is wrong .

    If they release MoH2 (or whatever they call it) next year, the development cycle would've started in 2010, and finished in 2012 (2 years). If they relese BF4 a year later, the development cycle would've started in 2011 and finished in 2013 (2 years).

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  20. #20
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    swishbig's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    108
    Reputation
    0

    Might as well join the cod bandwagon eh? well now we know that it's going to start going downhill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO