Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Retail Games With Multiple Region Platinum trophies

This is a discussion on Retail Games With Multiple Region Platinum trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Is there a way to know that a game has multiple plats and is not listed in the above list ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is there a way to know that a game has multiple plats and is not listed in the above list pls?

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy_Addict View Post
    Is there a way to know that a game has multiple plats and is not listed in the above list pls?
    Yes, there are a couple ways.

First, you can look at the trophy lists on our forums and see if a game has more than one. For example, Saints Row: The Third has one list, but Saints Row: The Third (JP) has a duplicate list. The lists are the same, but the fact that we have two of them means the games stack.

Second, you can compare your PSN profile to people who have similar games but live in different regions. So let's say I have Wanted: Weapons of Fate in my trophy list and you have Wanted: Weapons of Fate (Germany). If you compare our PSN profiles, you will see both of these games. Again, the fact that they are viewed as two separate games by the PSN indicates that they stack.

Side note:
    • The Saints Row: The Third (JP) we list is actually supposed to be the GERMANY (DE) version, not the JP version.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    I don't get it. Why buy the game again from a different region? Honestly people, are we really buying the game multiple times just for trophies? I mean, I'm a trophy whore, like none other, but there is no way I would buy a game more than once just for trophies. I suppose, because I don't have a job anymore and my savings account is looking like a death camp worker, I just don't see the sense in it.
    I agree... I find it rather sad. But I guess that's the difference between Hunters and Whores lol

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    I don't get it. Why buy the game again from a different region? Honestly people, are we really buying the game multiple times just for trophies? I mean, I'm a trophy whore, like none other, but there is no way I would buy a game more than once just for trophies. I suppose, because I don't have a job anymore and my savings account is looking like a death camp worker, I just don't see the sense in it.
    Buying a game for the trophies is precisely what it means to be a trophy whore...

Quote Originally Posted by pRoViSiOn26 View Post
    I agree... I find it rather sad. But I guess that's the difference between Hunters and Whores lol
    This thread is a reference to those of us who like the idea of multiple region plats. It is meant for us to discuss which games stack and which don't.

It is not meant to be a debate about whether playing stackable games is respectable or not, so you can keep these kinds of opinions to yourself.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Yes, there are a couple ways.

First, you can look at the trophy lists on our forums and see if a game has more than one. For example, Saints Row: The Third has one list, but Saints Row: The Third (JP) has a duplicate list. The lists are the same, but the fact that we have two of them means the games stack.

Second, you can compare your PSN profile to people who have similar games but live in different regions. So let's say I have Wanted: Weapons of Fate in my trophy list and you have Wanted: Weapons of Fate (Germany). If you compare our PSN profiles, you will see both of these games. Again, the fact that they are viewed as two separate games by the PSN indicates that they stack.

Side note:
    • The Saints Row: The Third (JP) we list is actually supposed to be the GERMANY (DE) version, not the JP version.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I love to plat games more than once, especially some really good ones

Get bent...

What's the best place to buy a game from another region? Like if I wanted to buy a (JP) or (EU) game?

Obviously, they don't sell them in Gamestops here in the states.

Also, what's the deal with Borderlands? Is it a multi-region plat?

It's listed twice. Once as Game of the Year Edition, and once as regular. Are the trophies actually different?

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    What's the best place to buy a game from another region? Like if I wanted to buy a (JP) or (EU) game?

It's listed twice. Once as Game of the Year Edition, and once as regular. Are the trophies actually different?

Actually they do sometimes. I have seen the Japanese Demon Souls quite often in varying EB Games (people traded it in).

If you have import shops around you they sometimes get in multi-region games and there is always eBay.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post

I believe it's the Borderlands GOTY (JP) version that stacks with the one common to the US.

For getting your hands on foreign games, you can try Zavvi.com, play-asia.com (very overpriced), and sometimes amazon.co.uk. I was lucky enough to buy two games from amazon.co.de (Germany). Usually they don't want to ship to the US.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dead Space 2 multiplat

I just bought Dead Space 2 from germany to plat it again since I have already platted the UK version, but after I installed it I still don't get a separate trophy list for DE version.

I noticed that when I installed the game on a seperate account where no DS2 was ever installed before it showed there were 59 total trophies to obtain and not 51, does this mean the new game is not german region?
    Last edited by Trophy_Addict; 02-01-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Retired TGT Member

I just bought Dead Space 2 from germany to plat it again since I have already platted the UK version, but after I installed it I still don't get a separate trophy list for DE version.

I noticed that when I installed the game on a seperate account where no DS2 was ever installed before it showed there were 59 total trophies to obtain and not 51, does this mean the new game is not german region?
    Well, it certainly looks that way. The DE region didn't get the Severed DLC, so it should have only 51 trophies. Is any of the writing on the box in German?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yes all of the writing on the box is in German and even on the little booklet inside the box. But the writing on the disc itself is in English (don't know if that makes any difference)

Also when I put my UK disc, select 'single player' it gives me the option to 'continue', 'new game', 'load game' and 'new game plus+' but when I insert the German disc only 'New game' is available!

Retired TGT Member

Yes all of the writing on the box is in German and even on the little booklet inside the box. But the writing on the disc itself is in English (don't know if that makes any difference)

Also when I put my UK disc, select 'single player' it gives me the option to 'continue', 'new game', 'load game' and 'new game plus+' but when I insert the German disc only 'New game' is available!
    Well, I'm stumped. Sorry man

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I apprecitate your help . Is there anyway I can be sure that my game is DE version? The code on the box reads BLES (which is code for EU games right?), should it be different for a German game?

Retired TGT Member

I apprecitate your help . Is there anyway I can be sure that my game is DE version? The code on the box reads BLES (which is code for EU games right?), should it be different for a German game?
    Well I have the German copy of Saints Row: The Third and my code says "BLES". The US version says "BLUS". The box for the German copy has small German flags on the back. Does yours?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I will check about the small german flags on the back side of the box when I go home (currently I'm at work). So does your German copy of Saints Row have anything written in German on the disc?

Retired TGT Member

I will check about the small german flags on the back side of the box when I go home (currently I'm at work). So does your German copy of Saints Row have anything written in German on the disc?
    Yeah the licensing and copyright info/warnings is all in German, and the content rating "USK 18" in a big red box is there too, all right on the disc.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

EU: Socom Special Forces
    US: Socom 4
    Don't know if there's a different one for Asia or whether its the same as Europe

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by The-Lapqster View Post
    EU: Socom Special Forces
    US: Socom 4
    Don't know if there's a different one for Asia or whether its the same as Europe

Yep. I haven't ever seen a different one for Asia, so I'm pretty confident it's just Europe vs. Other

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Yeah the licensing and copyright info/warnings is all in German, and the content rating "USK 18" in a big red box is there too, all right on the disc.
    I Have 3 small german flags on the back of the box but not one single word in german on the disc! Funny thing is this game was sealed in the usual plastic wrapping.

Retired TGT Member

I Have 3 small german flags on the back of the box but not one single word in german on the disc! Funny thing is this game was sealed in the usual plastic wrapping.
    Can you take it back and tell them the issue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast