Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What have young video gamers turned to..

This is a discussion on What have young video gamers turned to.. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I think in that situation I would've had them play one of the MGS games, and give them a challenge ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think in that situation I would've had them play one of the MGS games, and give them a challenge like not to be detected or use non-lethal techniques only. In my experience, when trying to get people to like new games, if you give them a personal challenge outside the game, they might try playing the game just to prove to you that they can do it. Or, just find a way to make the game entertaining for them to watch.

Rather than sighing and blaming a franchise, try to make them more open to other games. They might end up enjoying Snake as much as the people who grew up with him.

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    Why are you offended if it doesn't apply to you? o.O
    It was meant in a jokingly way, and even if it wasn't, I didn't mean to throw it at you, but at my damn age group, and I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk.... sorry for the inconvenience.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Retired

It's real sad, almost all my friends are like this, they just want more COD, I just wish COD would end, peaceful world, I try to ignore it but everyone keeps talking about it -.-

Buy my book, Alteration

Now we have CoD to thank for brainwashing gamers of the younger generation. Great...

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 8 - Gold

They don't like a game unless you kill 500 enemies in 5 minutes and blow everything up. MGS saga is the best one for me and it's a shame they, and many others, won't even try it because it's not run-and-gun.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by digitalman123 View Post
    Now we have CoD to thank for brainwashing gamers of the younger generation. Great...
    It's not that, it's just that they grew up with it and enjoy the familiarity.

I akin CoD to my generation growing up with Pokemon. Sure, I'd play other games, but Pokemon took up 90% of my childhood. It was a simple turn-based with cute monsters. Not at all unlike the simple mechanics of CoD.

Mr. X

It's a shame but this seems to be the direction that gaming is heading these days. I'm always trying to turn my nephew onto fantastic games but all he's ever interested in is COD.

My friend and I were talkign about it the other day. There seems to be gamers and those that play Call of Duty. I cringe when I start talking about games to someone and their response is "yeah, I like COD." It's a shame but for some reason they seem to eat up being given the same thing every year; the fact that a new Call of Duty has been announced says it all. I think gamers are spoilt these days. With the advancements in graphics they're just wowed by big bangs and flashes, back in the day you focused on how good the gameplay and story was because looking at games wasn't all that pretty.

If it makes people feel any better, everyone I saw in GAME today was holding Skyrim in their hands.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Its a damn shame, its a good game and all but I there are hundreds of games out to there to be stuck on COD, i have a younger cousin who comes over to my house and thats all he wants to play COD its alright for a lil while but c'mon move on to other games already.

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

It's the generation gap...There's such a disconnect...What we played back in the day is crap to the kids now...

A kid I know was looking at Youtube on my laptop the other day...She was looking up crap that I wouldn't even think was funny when I was her age...

Ah...How I nostalgia so much now...

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    If it makes people feel any better, everyone I saw in GAME today was holding Skyrim in their hands.
    I know what you mean, on Tuesday I was helping customers and every single person was MW3, then a mom and her son (probably 15 or 16) came up to the cabinet and I started reaching for MW3 and he asked "Can i get a copy of Ico" It took me a second and then I happily reached in and grabbed a copy of the Ico/Sotc collection. Made my fucking day.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

You should have rammed your fist through their pimple ridden faces.

Metal Fuckin' Gear > Camp or Die

PRO Member

sooo...i guess im one of the saved ones since im 15 and honestly don't play COD anymore?...sure i have played it but i never considered it godlike.. and it was far from the only game i ever wanted to play anyways back to super mario crossover
    *opens new window and starts playing* ^.

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    They don't like a game unless you kill 500 enemies in 5 minutes and blow everything up. MGS saga is the best one for me and it's a shame they, and many others, won't even try it because it's not run-and-gun.
    Sucks to be them. I think it takes more skill to be stealthy and avoid confrontation in a game like MGS. I love MGS cuz of the story and the fact that it's one of the first stealth games

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Wow, this thread makes me depressed and angry at the same time.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Not surprised my friend, for something like that has happened to me before as well. The #1 reason why I don't care about CoD anymore, because most of everyone else does.
    Wow, that as bad as those kids. What a wank reason
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Retired

This makes me really sad, the old days were awesome, how games didn't need to be serious, just needs to be fun

Breakfast and Chill

I know what you mean, on Tuesday I was helping customers and every single person was MW3, then a mom and her son (probably 15 or 16) came up to the cabinet and I started reaching for MW3 and he asked "Can i get a copy of Ico" It took me a second and then I happily reached in and grabbed a copy of the Ico/Sotc collection. Made my fucking day.

Thank you sir.

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by Letenko View Post
    I hate when stuff like this happens, I mean sure I'm just 15 but in my gaming core I'm 58 I hope this kinda thing will be gone sometime, they should start playing games for HARDCORE GAMERS!!!!1!!!!11!1!!!!!! like good ol' Super Mario Bros.
    haha I completely agree. I'm also 15 and Super Mario Bros. is the game that got me into gaming as a kid.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Regional Manager of War

I know what you mean... when I was at Gamestop buying Fallout GOTY Edition everyone on the line had Blackops in one hand and MW3 in the other. I felt so out of place the cashier even tried to predict I was buying MW3 but I told him not interested yet.

Royal Flush X2

COD is what is cool to the kids and they like to go on the headsets with there friends and trash talk. Though I will say that I do enjoy the campaigns and special ops so yeah I do like the games it self just not the mutiplayer aspect of it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast