Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What have young video gamers turned to..

This is a discussion on What have young video gamers turned to.. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Saying that ive never liked cod or games of that genre,ive never really sat down and gave them ago so ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Saying that ive never liked cod or games of that genre,ive never really sat down and gave them ago so perhaps i shouldnt be so judgemental and try them one day........or not who knows

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by HyperFerret View Post
    It's not that, it's just that they grew up with it and enjoy the familiarity.

I akin CoD to my generation growing up with Pokemon. Sure, I'd play other games, but Pokemon took up 90% of my childhood. It was a simple turn-based with cute monsters. Not at all unlike the simple mechanics of CoD.
    Exactly, CoD is this generation's version of Pokemon. Funny I never really got into Pokemon or CoD.

Lvl 6 - Silver

lol. Who has not played MGS before, seriously? noobs these days
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard to believe COD is the only game young gamers play these days. I'm 15 myself, and play other genres (fighting, RPG, racing). At least I'm not like them (the young gamers who only play & think about COD).

PRO Member

Most kids are corrupted by FPS games, especially COD. It's a shame for them because they miss out on so many great titles, doesn't bother me though because at least I'm the one enjoying gaming.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    I think it's got to do with attention span. They don't like putting the time in to do anything, not just gaming. COD is perfect for them, no brain power involved in playing it. Shoot, die, respawn. Shoot, die respawn. Not much to it. I wonder how many kids out there would even have a go at games like Demons Souls or Dark Souls? Great games that really need dedication.
    I do

No Matter What

I have to say this is true for most younger gamers, as my friend are all into FPS out of all games. I however really like FPS games, but I do love me a nice variety of games from FPS to RPG to Platforming.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO Member

Call of Duty is NOT this generations Pokemon...

first off Pokemon is still around just because some of you don't play it doesn't mean other kids don't
    second Call of Duty isn't considered a kids game. It's rated M.
    third they cannot be compared Pokemon is just too epic xD

Anyways... I find it annoying how kids are allowed to play M rated games like GTA, RDR, COD, etc... any M rated game isn't allowed for people under 17 (in US) unless parents buy their kids their games. This clearly either falls on bad parenting or parents just aren't aware of the game ratings which would be totally ignorant to not see that big ass M on the box.

Call of Duty used to be a great game to play online (COD4) and I don't mean the games in game things I mean community wise it wasn't as screwed up as it is now. I mean every single Call of Duty is great just replace the community and you'll see so.

I think there should be more emphasis on notifying people about game ratings because I for one am tired of kids playing games that they shouldn't play. Of course there are always exceptions like mature kids, by that I mean kids that don't tantrum, kids that are actually nice to talk to online. You guys know what I'm talking about.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Call of Duty is NOT this generations Pokemon...

first off Pokemon is still around just because some of you don't play it doesn't mean other kids don't
    second Call of Duty isn't considered a kids game. It's rated M.
    third they cannot be compared Pokemon is just too epic xD

Anyways... I find it annoying how kids are allowed to play M rated games like GTA, RDR, COD, etc... any M rated game isn't allowed for people under 17 (in US) unless parents buy their kids their games. This clearly either falls on bad parenting or parents just aren't aware of the game ratings which would be totally ignorant to not see that big ass M on the box.

Call of Duty used to be a great game to play online (COD4) and I don't mean the games in game things I mean community wise it wasn't as screwed up as it is now. I mean every single Call of Duty is great just replace the community and you'll see so.

I think there should be more emphasis on notifying people about game ratings because I for one am tired of kids playing games that they shouldn't play. Of course there are always exceptions like mature kids, by that I mean kids that don't tantrum, kids that are actually nice to talk to online. You guys know what I'm talking about.
    I agree with you. When I was younger my parents had a hard time letting me play Goldeneye even when I was over 14 years old because it involved shooting people. There were no swearing or online trash talking. Just pixel characters dying. Nowadays young kids are playing games like GTA, God of War, and Call of Duty with their parents or by themselves. My younger cousin had people in her class playing God of war III and Black Ops with their father when she was only in grade three. That's someone whose only eight years old being exposed to those type of games. I know if I ever have kids, they won't be playing those types of games until long after they're eight.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Legendary...Nuff Said

This is coming from someone who is constantly around guys who are obsessed with CoD or Battlefield, or any FPS really (hell, one of my friends took off a whole day of school because he wanted to play MW3 on release date >_>), and I must say these kinds of things annoy the hell out of me. It's so unfortunate that all of the younger generation gamers are so obsessed and addicted the the FPS games that invade our market, but alas, people can like what the like and enjoy what they enjoy.

With that said, I'm proud to say that I'm not one of those kids who only plays games like CoD, and at least knows what fucking Metal Gear Solid is >_>. I've actually convinced a heavy FPS fanboy friend of mine (same one aforementioned) to try out games like Fallout 3 and Dead Space, and he says they're now his favorite games. At least some of what I recommend affects others. Still, let those n00bs play their CoD, as long as you enjoy your MGS. I know that I'll be thoroughly enjoying Skyrim while some of the guys at school are playing MW3 online. At least I get to laugh at them for being so foolish as to waste their money on a game with a 4 hour singleplayer, right?

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thats my unfortunate age group at school everyone talks about CoD and im like so anyone wanna talk about Deus Ex or From Dust or Batman Arkham City, even Battlefield 3 gets ignored -.-

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't think this has so much to do with age groups or "younger generation", as it has to do with marketing. I mean, just look at EA's campaign for Dead Space 2? The game is rated M. No one who is old enough to play that game should care whether their mom likes it or not. But EA wants to make money, so they market their games to kids who will annoy their parents into buying it for them, just to shut them up. They can't bank on real gamers buying their product, because real gamers want real games. Not the same rehashed shit that 90% of the people who buy it are going to jump into the MP on DAY ONE, simply to shoot other gamers and talk shit. I saw multiple people on my Friend's list playing the MP of MW3 the morning it was out. I mean, what the fuck?! If that's all you're gonna do, just keep playing Black Ops, or MW2! Why pay $60 for new maps?! That's seriously all you're doing. It's so insanely stupid, but they've been fooled into thinking they're buying a "new product", when it's just a glorified expansion, year after year, the main draw of which is the online.

If it were up to me, games would be sold in two parts. The offline (or possible co-op) campaign for $30, and the MP portion for $30. If all you plan to do is play online, then just buy the MP version. If all you care about is the story, then buy the campaign version. If you actually want both, good on you. Then they wouldn't be able to get away with $15 map packs, as that would be half the price of the MP product, and would be a more obvious scam.

Also, for shame on everyone here who's saying they're 15 and have been playing CoD, or finally stopped. And for shame on your parents, too. There's a reason the games are rated M. And there's a reason that violence has become so prevalent in the world today. I used to not agree with the claims of "gaming = violent people" in regards to gamers who are of age, but when you have kids 10-15 years old playing games that glorify violence during their formative years, it well and truly fucks up their world view, I have no doubts of this.

/rant

Lvl 9 - Gold

im 16 and i wouldnt mind playing metal gear solid

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    Same with me, only survived on the GBA for a few years before moving on to the PS2, never even owned a PS1.

It's a shame when younger gamers can't apperciate any game that doesn't say Call Of Duty or GTA on the cover.
    hey gta has nothing to do with cod it doesnt come out yearly

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    hey gta has nothing to do with cod it doesnt come out yearly
    It doesn't come out yearly, but GTA is unfortunately another game that little "tough guys" play cuz they think they're badass.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    It doesn't come out yearly, but GTA is unfortunately another game that little "tough guys" play cuz they think they're badass.
    Yeah, I know kids like that, I only played San Andreas, played the others, and I wasn't interested, especially IV

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    Wow, that as bad as those kids. What a wank reason
    :stare:

I played Call of Duty's [email protected], MW2, and Black Ops, and I don't enjoy them as much as most of my friends do. Plus, it's too mainstream for me. I want to have my own interest in games, where I'm not playing a game just because the rest of the crowd plays it, especially since like I just said I don't really enjoy it all that much. It's like for example skinny jeans being something all of the cool kids are wearing. I don't like skinny jeans, and I wouldn't wear them because everyone is. Same thing goes with Call of Duty. Now do you see what I mean?

And another thing, if my reason for not playing a certain game is stupid, what does it matter to you to bash on a reason without any constructive reasoning on why my reason was stupid? If you're just going to say "What a wank reason", at least have some reason to back up your statement so you won't cause anyone to be offended. To be honest it doesn't make you look any better than the person who's comment you called "wank". Thanks.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

I make my own mayo!

I haven't really played my MW3 cuz none of the other kids with the pumped up kicks wanna co-op with me. On Tuesday I'm getting Saints Row so I highly doubt I'm gonna be playing too much MW3 after all.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I don't know what's going on but even my friend who is getting into gaming cause of me & he's my age as well (19) can't focus as well watching me play in depth games like MGS:HD or Uncharted but if he see's guns he'll except it. (Crysis 2, BF3 etc). I have been playing ME2 & I can tell he only watches me play for the action / shooting but this issue is everywhere guys. When I went to pick up my copy of MGS:HD. I awaited in the line of know it all MW3 fans.. watching the clerk hand out game after game to all of the guys there without even having to ask what they were there for until I got up front. I asked for my pre-order of MGS:HD & she actually paused..typed it into the computer, shoveled around the pile of MW3 games, finally tossed it onto the counter & I quote. She asked "Is this it?"

):
    Come on, really.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by sloppywaffle View Post
    I haven't really played my MW3 cuz none of the other kids with the pumped up kicks wanna co-op with me. On Tuesday I'm getting Saints Row so I highly doubt I'm gonna be playing too much MW3 after all.
    Sama here. Reminds me of the song "Hole In The Earth" by Deftones on Saints Row 2, one of the lines is "I hate all of my friends, they lack taste sometimes"
    "I'll stop at nothing to avoid using negative numbers. "
    Many thanks to Athena for the awesome sig and avy!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast