Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

What have young video gamers turned to..

This is a discussion on What have young video gamers turned to.. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic I don't know what's going on but even my friend who is getting into gaming cause ...

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    I don't know what's going on but even my friend who is getting into gaming cause of me & he's my age as well (19) can't focus as well watching me play in depth games like MGS:HD or Uncharted but if he see's guns he'll except it. (Crysis 2, BF3 etc). I have been playing ME2 & I can tell he only watches me play for the action / shooting but this issue is everywhere guys. When I went to pick up my copy of MGS:HD. I awaited in the line of know it all MW3 fans.. watching the clerk hand out game after game to all of the guys there without even having to ask what they were there for until I got up front. I asked for my pre-order of MGS:HD & she actually paused..typed it into the computer, shoveled around the pile of MW3 games, finally tossed it onto the counter & I quote. She asked "Is this it?"

):
    Come on, really.
    WOW, that made me all kinds of sad.

PRO Member

Most of my friends play only multiplayer games and think that if you're not playing with other people, it's a waste of time. Shame, they won't be able to experience all the good games with amazing stories. .-.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw
    "Not surprised my friend, for something like that has happened to me before as well. The #1 reason why I don't care about CoD anymore, because most of everyone else does. "

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    Wow, that as bad as those kids. What a wank reason
    i see that as one of the best reasons - why follow the herd off the cliff of shit games when there are better ones to play

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Call of Duty is NOT this generations Pokemon...

first off Pokemon is still around just because some of you don't play it doesn't mean other kids don't.

you missed the point - they meant that COD is the latest fad game, like pokemon was. Yes, pokemon is still around, but it is nowhere near as big as it once was, but there is still a market for it, hence the new releases every other year or so, just like most game genres (sports, music, driving, etc). I'm sure there will come a new genre/style of game in the next year or three that will cause people to be bored with COD and MW, and it's populatity will wane just like pokemon did.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

how many copy's can one bad game sell, it's not really that bad, but to be honest it's more a game that screwed my life as a gamer over, everybody I once knew with a PS3 before I had one stepped back (its a step back) to Xbox and became a hardcore CoD online gamer zombie, standing in an idiotic long line at midnight at Gamemania and telling everybody that Uncharted 3 sucks.
    I mean, play it, then talk about it. ''I saw this commercial, that game sucks'' WHY, BECAUSE IT HAS A STORY AND IS WORTH THE MONEY, BECAUSE I KNOW A GAME THAT CERTAINLY ISN'T. I dislike CoD, I played them, Modern Warfare was fairly awesome, 2 is shit, didn'''t play that well, and 3 is even worst, havn't played it, but it annoys the shit out of me. next to that, activision has aquired the rights to my hero, crash B. and didn't release anything on his 15th birthday.
    at least I have Uncharted 3 to make up for it. naughty dog is great!

enjoy MGS HDC!

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by twistsanny View Post
    and 3 is even worst, havn't played it, but it annoys the shit out of me.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by scrowson81 View Post
    Yeah, I know.
    Those type of comments really make you laugh.

Anyways, the kid is an idiot.
    He doesn't know what he's missing and probably wouldn't comprehend the storyline.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sounds like everytime I go to my best friend's house, his 6 yr old goes on & on about Gears of War cause that's what his dad plays, if I bring another game to play, all he does it talk about Gears of War & ask me how I do on it, even though I've told him every time I go over there that I don't have a 360, don't want a 360, so I haven't nor do I want to play that game.

As you can probably guess, I don't visit my best friend very much now.

Closing this account

i have have about 3 ppl that are under 16 on my psn friends list, they seem pretty cool. 1 of them really enjoys games like that. to me him seem like a good kid. if the 16 and under feel offended by it....well curb the trend. i can probably add 15 random ppl that are under the age of 16 and just mabye 2 to 5 will make your age group look bad. bad apples will always spoil a bunch of good ones.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    I don't know what's going on but even my friend who is getting into gaming cause of me & he's my age as well (19) can't focus as well watching me play in depth games like MGS:HD or Uncharted but if he see's guns he'll except it. (Crysis 2, BF3 etc). I have been playing ME2 & I can tell he only watches me play for the action / shooting but this issue is everywhere guys. When I went to pick up my copy of MGS:HD. I awaited in the line of know it all MW3 fans.. watching the clerk hand out game after game to all of the guys there without even having to ask what they were there for until I got up front. I asked for my pre-order of MGS:HD & she actually paused..typed it into the computer, shoveled around the pile of MW3 games, finally tossed it onto the counter & I quote. She asked "Is this it?"

):
    Come on, really.
    that's just.. wow..
    if i was the clerk i would have thanked you for not falling into the trend and to continue gaming.
    It's just a flesh wound.

PRO Member

I am 14 and I just went back and played the whole MGS franchise for the first time two years ago and it has been and still is my favorite franchise of all time. I have also gone back and played Max Payne, the old GTA's, Half-Life, etc. When I try to talk to some of my friends about these classic games all I here come out of there mouth is " Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Nuke 20 killstreak 15th prestige new mappack elite epic dogs", and I am about sick of it. I agree it is horrible that all my generation cares about is Call of Duty/Battlefield and for some reason cannot go back and play some of the best games ever made.

It is not just the old games either. Great games that come out nowadays they all refuse to play either. inFAMOUS 2 only sold around 400,000 copies, but I bet you if Suckerpunch with have made a military fps with great online it could have easily of done 1mil. I finally got one of my friends to try Uncharted and it is now his favorite franchise, mainly because he has never experienced a good story in a game before. Do not get me wrong I have nothing against COD or BF, I just don't see how every year COD keeps selling more and more copies day one. Eventually they will have to get bored and try something besides shooting a gun in a game.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

blasphemy! lol

how dare they turn their nose up at MGS, i like CoD but i'd rather play MGS3 any day of the week.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

thats what my little nephews play all the time... i love cod but i would play mgs over it in a heartbeat

Sig By Bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I really wouldn't consider all COD and Madden players as "gamers." those franchises have penetrated pop culture.

An old-fashioned cowboy

I went with my friend to Gamestop this past Tuesday. Every person before us in line left the store with MW3. I can guarantee that my friend was probably one of the few people who bought the MGS Collection that day. Sad really.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I'm 16, and I'm very offended by this thread.

How could these nephews dishonest the young gamers? I'm not a big CoD fan or enemy (I find them kinda meh), but how could they not play anything else, than that same old tired shooter they release every year. That was joykill.
    I'm also 16 and I'm not offended. There's always going to be people like this in the world, and this time around it applies to younger gamers.

And I'm not one of 'em.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    you missed the point - they meant that COD is the latest fad game, like pokemon was. Yes, pokemon is still around, but it is nowhere near as big as it once was, but there is still a market for it, hence the new releases every other year or so, just like most game genres (sports, music, driving, etc). I'm sure there will come a new genre/style of game in the next year or three that will cause people to be bored with COD and MW, and it's populatity will wane just like pokemon did.
    My point exactly, CoD is a fad just like Pokemon was and eventually something will replace it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

It's really just typical for the American youth, rather than youth all around the world. I've yet to find one person here who plays anything but Call Of Duty, regardless of age. If anything, FIFA gets played the most here. And, well. I've never really been into FPS to begin with. I play Rainbow Six, Borderlands & Fallout but that's it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I wouldn't mind fps games except that their rapid growth in popularity (especially CoD) has led to less gamers playing racers and fighters. It seems to me that these great genres of gaming goodness are being sidelined more as time goes on by both gamers and developers. I for one would rather see gamers, especially young ones broading the variety of games they play. What's wrong with a bit of burnout, nfs, tekken or blazblue? I just hope future generations will still play these genres along with platformers, puzzlers, rpgs etc...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There immature and I remember when the first Metal Gear came out on PlayStation and I played the demo a lot before the game came out.

Toggle Spoiler

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast