Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

What have young video gamers turned to..

This is a discussion on What have young video gamers turned to.. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Deth You should have rammed your fist through their pimple ridden faces. Metal Fuckin' Gear > Camp ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    You should have rammed your fist through their pimple ridden faces.

Metal Fuckin' Gear > Camp or Die
    Lemme fix dat shit fo' you, bro :T

Metal Fuckin' Gear = Camp or die

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    Same with me, only survived on the GBA for a few years before moving on to the PS2, never even owned a PS1.

It's a shame when younger gamers can't apperciate any game that doesn't say Call Of Duty or GTA on the cover.
    Times change, man. Personally, i'd rather I grew up in the 50's to be free of all the frivolities of life and enjoy the richness of sepiatone and running through the cornfields on a fresh summer's morning. But that's just me.

I was buying MW3 myself today (the f*cking shame of it, ugh), and I saw this kid eyeing up the latest PS3 games, and I was prayin' mad prayers (to whom I don't even know), that he wouldn't consider it and I think he hoestly knew better

THERE MAY BE HOPE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

And once again, my age group manages to embarrass me. When ever someone says that they're a "gamer" because all that they play is Call of Duty, I punch them in the face... well, in my mind I do.
    It's Okay... I'm a limo driver
    Member since October 28th, 2009

Okay I'm getting Arkham City...So sue me...

Crocodile Hunter

most of the morons on CoD shouldnt even be allowed to buy it

there are age restrictions for a reason

Sig by Apokolypz

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Times change, man. Personally, i'd rather I grew up in the 50's to be free of all the frivolities of life and enjoy the richness of sepiatone and running through the cornfields on a fresh summer's morning. But that's just me.
    +1
    I'd love to live back in 50's-70's when crap was a lot less complicated and fucked up.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Gaming since PONG !

hehe .. my kids learned a while back.. (Don't bitch about what kind of game your playing) cause when they did i pulled out my old PONG set up... (had to find a tv i could attach it to) then made em play that.. needless to say they got bored of it real quick... then was the Atari 2600 ... needless to say they don't care that there not playing all those M rated games that there friends parents let them play

Oh yea also i want HD version of the FIRST 2 MG !!!!!!! 8-bit all the way baby

Lvl 5 - Silver

That does seem to be a mindset of some younger gamers. And even gamers my age.

If you can't kill them in a brutal fashion, they waive it off as a terrible game. Don't get me wrong, I like shooting games, but there's gotta be a balance and a willingness to try something different for a change.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wow... that's just... wow. I'm not the biggest fan of MGS, but I would play that over COD any day. Some of my friends used to be just like your nephews too. All they did was eat, breathe and sleep COD. It was just so annoying! I mean they would actually call me up and ask to hang out at my place and then they would just take over my ps3 and play COD when they knew I wasn't a fan of the series. One time they were playing that zombie mode for about five hours straight! On the same map too! Thankfully, they've stopped obsessing over COD, but now they are obsessing over Battlefield instead... So it's not much better...

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

metal gear beats cod any day no offence dude but they are disgrace to gaming actually anyone who takes cod to seriously is a disgrace to gaming if u just play it every now or then or if you have friends to play with then thats alright

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Ice Cream Firefighter

Yeah ay I know where you are coming from I have 2 kids 4 & 7 & they are cheeky as cause they know they can get away with it & you know what it comes down to the fact that we cant smack them anymore cause of child protection laws, getting belted or smacked when I was a kid never killed me so I reckon bring back the biff or kids are just going to get worse

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgear View Post
    metal gear beats cod any day no offence dude but they are disgrace to gaming actually anyone who takes cod to seriously is a disgrace to gaming if u just play it every now or then or if you have friends to play with then thats alright
    i play it every now and then with friends.. but usually in matches i'm like.. i want to play MGS..
    xD
    It's just a flesh wound.

The Deathly Rhythm

That happened to me one time too, I was playing Burnout Paradise and we was doing freeburn challenges and a random guy came in and wanted to play with us, The host started a challenge when we had to drift 100 yards, everybody did the challenge quick instead of him, he put his mic on and it was a 9 year old kid, he said change this challenge, its hard, I put my mic on and said its easy man do it, the stupid thing he said that ''its not easier than COD'' i was like WTF!!!, then he rage quited and told us to play Black ops with him
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I haven't played MGS but it has gotten a lot of praise, might try it on the PS2 . I played COD really enjoyed it, got MW3 from a friend no difference from MW2 gave it back now thinking if it's just COD or all FPS'es are getting pointless

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think I am waaaaay younger thsan you, but I find hard to find real gamers, or if not, not-just-cod gamers of my age. Little conversation with a friend of mine that happened a year ago.
    We were talking about games and then I came up with Little Big Planet 2, which was coming out soon. Blah blah blah, I sum up to him how is the game and how awesome I thought it would be (And I was right). Then he tells me:
    "So... you don't kill anyone?"
    Me:
    "Err...nope."
    Him:
    "That game's shit then".

I was like something between a facepalm and wanting to punch him in the face.
    And pretty much everyone in my school and my friends only play FIFA/CoD/Battlefield. If you play something different from those games, then you're an effin nerd blah blah blah. Reaaaaally.
    Last edited by Mick'; 11-14-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Renegade Time Lord

This is why I hate the younger generation. It is ether "CoD" or "YOU SUCK!"

Maybe if they played other games out there then maybe they would not all be little shits that always think that being bad and causing trouble is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    So I'm sitting in my room enjoying Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection my friend got me and my nephews walk in.
    They are 13 and 16.

Here's how the convo went..

"What are you playing?"
    "Metal Gear, it's the collection, it has-"

Then he interrupts me

"It's not a first person shooter?"
    "No.. but you can press R1 to-"
    "What's the point of this?"
    "Well there's a long story to it, but basically you have to sneak around"
    "Why can't you just shoot them?"
    "..."

Then a few seconds later.
    "Did you get MW3?"
    "umm.. Yeah, it's right there."
    "How is it?"
    "Well.. it would be more fun if more of my friend have it, pretty much the only reason i got it"
    "Are you gonna play it?"
    "Later, I rather-"
    *They leave the room*

What the hell? ><

NOTE: I have nothing against CoD, it just sucks how younger gamers today can't enjoy other games ):
    I am sorry but if I was in your shoes I would have give him a slap around his head, beat him up, tied him up and MADE him play MGS HD even if he hated me for it he would thank me later when he grows up and plays better games.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

No Matter What

I do really hate how when I ask a casual gamer what games they like and they immediately blurt out "Call of Duty, It's the best game ever."...

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 9 - Gold

To be fair my 12 year old cousin loves Crash Bandicoot (The Naughty Dog ones), Spyro (PSOne ones), Little Big Planet, Uncharted, and is into RPGs a lot, RPGs like Breath of Fire, Valkyrie Profile, Vagrant Story, etc. I gave him my PSOne because he doesn't have a lot of money, so yeah, I think he is an example of a perfectly fine young gamer. And he actually likes CoD and Counter Strike but he doesn't play them. Hope is not lost yet, people

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

What the hell? ><
    Its actually pretty simple... I'll highlight it for ya.

They are 13 and 16.
    Thats all you need to know.

I can count on one hand the people I've met under 20 that I respect in any capacity. Even the good ones still have alot of growing up and learning to do... But thats really just how it is at that age.

They are obviously just hitting that "I'm a pompous dick, I know whats best for me" period that 99.99% of people go through. They'll grow up and in about 10 years and start developing their tastes and understanding.

Also, just a side, it is the MGS collection. The story is slow and full of exposition and the character arcs are pretty, well, dull...

Regardless of your opinion of the overall story, its impossible to pick up in the middle due to Kojima's writing style.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post

Also, just a side, it is the MGS collection. The story is slow and full of exposition and the character arcs are pretty, well, dull...

Regardless of your opinion of the overall story, its impossible to pick up in the middle due to Kojima's writing style.
    I started playing MG with MGS2: Sons of Liberty, then I got MGS3, then MGS1, then MGS4.
    You can start pretty much anywhere since the games weren't released chronologically.. basically makes you wonder, but why did this happen?
    It's just a flesh wound.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345