8002ad23 error (fixed the error name)

This is a discussion on 8002ad23 error (fixed the error name) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Im using a wierd connection, and thats about one month already every time im logging in thats only for 5-10 ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

8002ad23 error (fixed the error name)

Im using a wierd connection, and thats about one month already
    every time im logging in thats only for 5-10 mintues sometimes less
    and i dont know what to do, i never had this before...

Retired

Happened to me alot when I got a new connection to, still happens occasionally

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yeah but i have the same connection same everything and its just keep happening

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Im using a wierd connection, and thats about one month already
    every time im logging in thats only for 5-10 mintues sometimes less
    and i dont know what to do, i never had this before...
    I tried to search the sony database, but i got 0 results...
    Try dmz or port forwarding..

Lvl 4 - Silver

I am using a DMZ port...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I remember once, i had to update my router manually and that worked wonders.. Call your isp and ask if people have reported same issues..

PRO Member

I was getting this a few months ago and after many phone calls to Sony I finally got a hold of someone who gave me some good advice.

"This error code is a connection issue and can be caused by conflicting IP addresses or a really slow internet connection."

Solution he gave me was to manually input my internet settings and make my IP addresse X.X.X.150(The X's are just place holders because your numbers might be different than mine) and leave the rest the same.If that didn't fix it he said it was most likely a bad connection outside and I should call my internet provider to have them come out and test it.

Anyway...fixing the internet settings solved my problem and I never had to call my internet provider and haven't gotten this error code since.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    I was getting this a few months ago and after many phone calls to Sony I finally got a hold of someone who gave me some good advice.

"This error code is a connection issue and can be caused by conflicting IP addresses or a really slow internet connection."

Solution he gave me was to manually input my internet settings and make my IP addresse X.X.X.150(The X's are just place holders because your numbers might be different than mine) and leave the rest the same.If that didn't fix it he said it was most likely a bad connection outside and I should call my internet provider to have them come out and test it.

Anyway...fixing the internet settings solved my problem and I never had to call my internet provider and haven't gotten this error code since.
    Oh, okay, i will try that, but please read my question in PM, thanks ^^

Lvl 4 - Silver

Okay while i was pm'ing Javro waiting for his answer i put my IP address in the Internet Settings and it says
    UPnP not available, is that alright?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

To fix this problem, just update your router to its most current firmware, reconfigure your dmz port (depending on what router you have, you'll either manually enter the IP in your ps3 or just have it attached to your PS3's MAC Address in the router's configuration). Always set the DMZ to a much later IP in the private IP pool, I normally just use the last one so there's no chance of anyone using it (if you can bind it to your ps3's mac, then this isn't necessary).

I hope this helps