Who Here has Plus?

This is a discussion on Who Here has Plus? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've had Playstation Plus since Day 1 and I must say, I really love the service. A lot of people ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Who Here has Plus?

I've had Playstation Plus since Day 1 and I must say, I really love the service.

A lot of people seem to knock it, but I feel like they don't understand the benefit of the service. I buy a lot of digital content, so with the discounts it's a no brainer for me. I've saved easily $100+ USD in Plus exclusive discounts on stuff I planned to buy anyway, so it's been pretty great for me.

PRO Member

I have it and enjoy it. It's a good deal.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have plus but only kept it after the free trial from the psn outtage. I think its pretty much paid for its self. I got quite a few games for free that I wanted to play, but probably wouldn't have had other wise. Plus free dynamic themes are a plus.

PRO Member

I have it on my both accounts HK 1 year and USA only 3 months sometimes has great deals

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

i have considered it before but i thought since i dont play a lot of dlc and im not really fussed about other stuff on there i thought theres no point.i probably should read up on it to see exactly what the benefits are.unless you guys/girls think its worth it or not

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have had it since day 1. I don't use any of the services, but the amount of content you get each month easily pays for it. The amount of stuff I have received, 80 a year it would still probably pay for itself.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm gonna go back to PSN+, had the free trial and got a lot of use out of it, so it makes sense, especially what with me getting a Vita...

Lvl 6 - Silver

have plust and like it
    will be ending my sub once its over
    short on the monies -_-
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    i have considered it before but i thought since i dont play a lot of dlc and im not really fussed about other stuff on there i thought theres no point.i probably should read up on it to see exactly what the benefits are.unless you guys/girls think its worth it or not
    Well, aside from the discounts (some just end up being amazing, like the 50% off RE4 HD and Code Veronica X HD during their first week of release), you do get the free games (some months we get way more than others, thanks to Morgan Haro, he's the man).

One feature I really utilize is the cloud game saves feature. I crash with a friend a few nights a week, so I'll use his PS3 to play games. It allows me to share my game saves between consoles without any issues (like that copy right protection non sense). I just need to log into my account, go to my cloud game save folder, and copy it to my friend's hard drive. Works so well.

The free themes and avatar bit is great too.

I also like the exclusive avatar packs. I've actually bought many of them, mostly because I could justify the $1-2 USD if I really want an avatar (points at my Fire Man avatar from the Mega Man Powered Up avatar bundle).

Then there are the exclusive beta access and early access stuff (Like "Where is My Heart?" coming out weeks early for free for us, that mini was fantastic). The AC: Brotherhood multiplayer beta is actually the reason why I got into AC in the first place. I also got into the Dead Space 2 beta as well, which got me into that series as well.

However, it really depends on the features you'd utilize. I wouldn't recommend it to people that only play a handful of games a year, it's really for the hardcore gamers (people that play pretty much anything and everything, like myself).

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I got it for the free month after the outage & decided to keep it. Well I picked a good time to do it, because once I paid for the year they were giving an extra 3 months for free. So, I'll have PS+ for 16 months for the price of $50 I do like it, I always download the free games & when they have good deals going, like Borderlands with all DLC for $20, I jump on it.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

worlds biggest welch fan

its worth and glad I havt it
    shit I need to get 50 psn bucks to renew

over and out.
    nevetsteven2

any one know alchemy.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Legalize it...

I had PS+ for 2 months after the PSN outage. At first I didnt think it was that cool, but the free games and discounts were awesome. I plan on asking for PSN gift cards for Christmas so I can get a whole year...

Regional Manager of War

I kept stacking PS+ memberships so Im covered until 2013 I believe. I love the service gives me alot of DLC for free or a huge discount. I bought all STTFU DLC for $10.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i think it's a really good service that has tons of great freebies, but i prefer to "own" all my PSN downloads, not have them set to a time limit bound by my PS+ subscription.

The One and Only

I used to have PS+ (two months free from the Welcome Back Package), and I enjoyed the discounts they offered and the service they provided. Sadly, I had no money to renew it nor did I make it a priority to get it again. I recommend PS+ to anyone who's active on PSN and enjoys discounts, free stuff regular users can't have, and other benefits. I think even early access to beta invites is another advantage PS+ has

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Crocodile Hunter

I was sketchy about getting plus for ages and then i got the 90 day subscription and i love it , i dnt really buy much on the store but i have already got my money back from it

Sig by Apokolypz

Huge Gaming Backlog

I haven't got it but have been thinking getting it. I wasn't sure if it was really worth it. Now that I have read these posts^ I might seriously consider buying it.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247