Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Worn Are Your Controllers?

This is a discussion on How Worn Are Your Controllers? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was just wondering how much wear and tear your controllers have gathered over the years. The controller that originally ...

Ghost Assassin

How Worn Are Your Controllers?

I was just wondering how much wear and tear your controllers have gathered over the years. The controller that originally came with my PS3 is still in pretty good condition. The battery life has degraded, but it's doing better than my other controller. I bought my second controller in april '09. The circular plastic part at the base of the analog stick has degraded on each side, but the worst of it is on the left side due to the fact that it is used for moving in-game. The analog stick is also filed down in the center. It's missing a screw and is cracked a little at the part where it curves (Thanks CoD!) There's also something loose in the contoller that sometimes jams the R2 button, but you can shake it out of the button to fix it.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

mine is rather still looking new but theres some dust under the analog sticks
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Up the Irons!

There's some dirt around the buttons (which bothers me but I'm too lazy to clean it) of my original. I bought my second controller this past summer, and it still looks brand new.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Legalize it...

Ive replaced 1 so far but theyre kinda beat up and IDK why...

Local Drunk

My original controller is in good condition, the analog sticks are a bit loose but that's just from playing games and it's a bit dirty. My second controller is in excellent condition cause I only just bought when I picked Uncharted 3 up, so it's not even 2 weeks old yet and I haven't used it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Still have my original launch Sixxasis controller. It's been beat to hell, the analog stick gets stuck and moves your character up if left alone. The opposite stick gets stuck to the right. Doom has three other controllers, the black and pink controllers are fine and my Red controller which I use for Mahvel is starting to show some wear but it's still damn strong.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The one that came with the ps3's buttons get stuck now, one of the analog sticks are constantly being pushed up.
    Another one I bought after it happened, has it's L2 broken so the slightest movement makes it activate, throwing nades in FPS or screwing me over in any game if pressed.

Huge Gaming Backlog

My three controllers are still in good nik. They are too expensive to be throwing them around.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    My three controllers are still in good nik. They are too expensive to be throwing them around.
    Exactly mate, only reason I bought my second controller was cause it was $50 instead of $99 that was cause I was getting Uncharted 3.

Gaming since PONG !

PS3 owned since like 3months after launch... have had 8 controllers .. first one lasted till the dualshock came out... that one lasted a yearish.. then the next one like 10months.. seems that every new one i get lasts just a little less than the last one...mostly my L3 and x button stick or just refuse to work ... hope this digital camo one i just got lasts more than 6months

PS : my PS1 and PS2 ORIGINAL controllers still work

Lvl 6 - Silver

I got 2 Controller the original one is like new and nothing seems to be defective i use the other one only for 2 players on a fighting game..

An old-fashioned cowboy

I have 2 controls. My original that came with the PS3 when I bought still looks pretty new just dusty. And my blue controller which I got a few weeks back still looks brand new.

Resident PHD

It's turned from a Dual Shock 3 to a Dual Shock 2

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My original one is pretty much demolished. its pretty much being held together by two of its screws and some packing tape. lol
    "There was never a good war, or a bad peace." Benjamin Franklin

"He who angers you, conquers you." Elizabeth Kenny

I make my own mayo!

I got 6, 4 are f**ked up loose as sh!t, rattle noises, recessed L1 + R1 butons and grooves worn into the analogs. 1 is brand new and I only use it if I feel I need a stiff stick(that sounds dirty) and one is nicely broken in.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Lvl 10 - Platinum

All my controllers are good except one. The red controller my wife bought me last year was finished within the first 3 months. I think the controller I got was a dud based on after the first time using it you could see red residue rubbed off the controller and onto on the analog sticks and over time the plastic was so badly rubbed away the left analog stick just popped out of the casing and yes I did use it a lot but I've used my black ones a lot more and they're still fine.

Regional Manager of War

The controller that came with my ps3 is retired, loose analogs, chipped, and it in FPS games I would randomly jump and shoot at the same time.

Red Controller is still new
    Blue Controller is still new
    Silver Controller is getting some hours into it with all the games I play

I keep a sealed black dual shock just in case the other three suddenly drop dead

Gotham's Reckoning

Still have the controller that I got with my PS3 back in 2007 and it's still going strong.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My dog got a hold of one of my controllers about a week ago and scratched it to shit. Completely took off the rubber on the . It still works but it makes playing with it a bitch and a half.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My controllers are in great shape. I think controllers are way to expensive to destroy them because you can't beat a game or you die in cod lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast