Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

November 2011 - Best Gaming Month in Years?

This is a discussion on November 2011 - Best Gaming Month in Years? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by One What did Revelations do so differently this time around? Leave out the minor upgrades please, because ...

  1. #41
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    What did Revelations do so differently this time around? Leave out the minor upgrades please, because aside from that you just contradicted yourself.


    Major Story Plot added, We finally see more of Desmond and Subject 16 related story that people wanted to see for so long. you also get to play all three main characters (Altiar, Ezio, and Desmond) Instead of just sticking to Just two so they can tie up loose ends of the story.

    Fixes to Multiplayer mode (involving net code and how Network connections work, so the game doesn't lag out of existence while you play it) along with brand new content/gamemodes for MP (not just a simple "pick up dogtags" Type gameplay, ones that are actually Fun.)

    Completely Brand new Location with tons of new stuff everywhere (which again, adds to the plot because there is hidden collectables that add to the story and the hidden collectables that add more armor/weapon upgrades.)


    All the new weaponry that is not just simple reskin weapons.


    Bomb Crafting (Make your own awesome bombs instead of simply buying generic ones from a vendor), hook blades, More Of Da Vinci's batshit inventions (Flamethrowers and all that jazz), etc.


    not to mention this is the game that Will get rid of Ezio and Altiar from gameplay entirely, so you can play as desmond in the next one (which is what i wanted to do for so long now.)



    I have alot of games to play on my list, so ill probably get around to assassins creed in a day or two (already played around a hour of it, it's fun).
    Last edited by Ps360; 11-16-2011 at 05:10 PM.

  2. #42
    The only sane person here
    KingLazy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,222
    Reputation
    25

    Uncharted 3 Really didn't add a single thing that made it better than the previous version. it's essentially the same game again, but with a different game setting (Instead of jungle/snow, it's jungle/desert). Add something new.
    Well at least your not afraid to tell the truth PS360, but the game is still awesome in my point of view.

  3. #43
    Lvl 6 - Silver

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    410
    Reputation
    6

    Ps360 has her (I'm sure ps360 is male though) opinion and everyone else has theirs. Not everyone has to like the same games or have the same opinions. Do I think uncharted 3 is good? Yes but anything beyond that i.e. fantastic or perfect? Not really. Oh and I agree, november has been pretty good for gaming.

  4. #44
    One
    One is offline
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    One's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto.
    Posts
    435
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Major Story Plot added, We finally see more of Desmond and Subject 16 related story that people wanted to see for so long. you also get to play all three main characters (Altiar, Ezio, and Desmond) Instead of just sticking to Just two so they can tie up loose ends of the story.

    Fixes to Multiplayer mode (involving net code and how Network connections work, so the game doesn't lag out of existence while you play it) along with brand new content/gamemodes for MP (not just a simple "pick up dogtags" Type gameplay, ones that are actually Fun.)

    Completely Brand new Location with tons of new stuff everywhere (which again, adds to the plot because there is hidden collectables that add to the story and the hidden collectables that add more armor/weapon upgrades.)


    All the new weaponry that is not just simple reskin weapons.


    Bomb Crafting (Make your own awesome bombs instead of simply buying generic ones from a vendor), hook blades, More Of Da Vinci's batshit inventions (Flamethrowers and all that jazz), etc.


    not to mention this is the game that Will get rid of Ezio and Altiar from gameplay entirely, so you can play as desmond in the next one (which is what i wanted to do for so long now.)



    I have alot of games to play on my list, so ill probably get around to assassins creed in a day or two (already played around a hour of it, it's fun).
    Major plot finally added? Should have been there from the start instead of Ubisoft beating around the bush to drain every penny out of the series.

    New fixes to Multiplayer. Congratulations, it still gets old after a month.

    Complete brand new locations, yes, Uncharted has this too but but on a larger scale.

    Get rid of Ezio? His story was dead to me after Assassins Creed II, Brotherhood gave me a nice nap though. His story is long overdue.

    Truth is, Revelations is the same game we saw last year, and if Uncharted doesn't deserve to be up there for lack of originality, neither does Revelations.

    "Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

  5. #45
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Truth is, Revelations is the same game we saw last year, and if Uncharted doesn't deserve to be up there for lack of originality, neither does Revelations.

    so lets dodge the new features i mentioned involving bombs and Da vinci


    Major plot is in every single major Assassins creed game. If the gameplay is the same in the games the Story certiantly Is worth the 60$ alone (I just love the Assassins creed story, Great mix of Sci-fi and Historic stuff)

  6. #46
    Death is Awaiting....
    Schism's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Mary's Hospital
    Posts
    1,880
    Reputation
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    Says the guy with an Ezio avatar and MW3 in his trophy list.....
    I still like Uncharted.. and every other series but they are all stale + i haven't even played Uc3 oh and you have Assassins Creed, and Call of Duty in your list...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Sig by Achantion

  7. #47
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    BLaCKoNi666's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    313
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    what he said


    Uncharted 3 Really didn't add a single thing that made it better than the previous version. it's essentially the same game again, but with a different game setting (Instead of jungle/snow, it's jungle/desert). Add something new.


    same reason MW3 is on the list, it's basically the same game released for a third time.


    (also UMVC3 is also not on the list for that reason too)
    This is why i love your posts

    Basically Uncharted 1 and 2 are the same game with minor changes (though UC2 had a wicked graphics update), though in my easy its still a lot better than the CoD recycling frenzy Activision is giving its Fan and then charging them a unholy amount of money for it. I had the option to buy both games for my BDay and i decided i would get UC3 for the simple fact that MW3 cost almost double the amount of UC3
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

  8. #48
    PRO Member
    Gauss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Reputation
    98

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Uncharted 3 Really didn't add a single thing that made it better than the previous version. it's essentially the same game again, but with a different game setting (Instead of jungle/snow, it's jungle/desert). Add something new.


    same reason MW3 is on the list, it's basically the same game released for a third time.
    This is stupid on so many levels though...

    Let me explain, I'll approach it from two angles: Reality and the angle that assumes you're right.

    Lets assume for a second you're right, UC3 didn't "really add a single thing." Then why is MW3 on the list again? UC3 is basically the same game released for a third time by your own admission.

    How does that make any logical sense? Its ok for CoD to do it, but not UC? Why the double-standard? Why the hypocrisy?

    Now, lets approach it from the reality, and thats the fact UC3 is story driven and actually has a completely different story that develops and hashes out characters. THATS the focus of this game.

    You say, in a later post, that Revelations is up there because it adds 'Major Story Plot' to the series. You claim it adds a new location and some new gameplay elements.

    Well UC3 adds major story plot too... I'm not sure if its just you can't deal with character driven stories (but even then that doesn't make a whole lot of sense since AC is a hybrid), but UC3 adds major plot elements. We find out about how Drake and Sully met and the entire game fleshes out their father/son complex, we get to see how Drake got started in his 'craft.' Alot of character development happens with the 'Big-3,' we find out that Elena is very conflicted about Drake and what happened after UC2. We find out Sully, for as much as he soap-boxes his stories, really sticks around because Drake is all he has. We find out that, when push comes to shove, Drake really isn't the playboy he pretends to be... Family is important to him, and that as he has grown over the last two adventures he is not the stereotypical good guy and actually will stick his neck out for the bad-guy. Oh and all of this wrapped up in a pretty good mystery plot that introduces a pretty powerful villain.

    And thats what I'm convinced you actually don't understand, Uncharted 3 is good because of the characters. It resonates with people because of the characters. Its a well written character story with an interesting plot wrapped up by a well developed 3rd person shooter. Uncharted isn't trying to revolutionize gameplay or invent a genre... Its just telling a good story. NOTHING is wrong with that, hundreds of loved and respected things across all media did the same thing.

    New locations? Well yeah I'll buy if you say France is like the Jungle and Syria is like Nepal from the last two games... How are the desert levels not a new location though? Particularly with how they are presented, the entire manner in which they are presented is new.

    You say "well its just jungle/desert," yet its not correct to just break down Revelations new location in such a simplistic way as saying "Well instead of a city in a forest area, its just a city in a rocky/mountainous area?" Its the same huge over-simplification and I'm forgetting the same number of locations by saying that.

    The weapons thing is a stupid argument, you're faulting a game for something thats outside its direction... The whole point of Uncharted is that its a fantasy adventure written as a coherent, complete serial, but the critical component is that the setting is a realistic explanation of a historical phenomenon with a small supernatural twist in the 'real world.' A key component of that is the world being believable.

    Suspension of disbelief is a tricky thing in writing because what the audience will accept completely depends on the established boundaries of the universe and the angle you are taking, the more extreme the angle the more the audience will accept (usually), but the consequence is the less "real" the setting becomes. Think of it like Star Trek vs. Hurt Locker. The boundaries you can push in those two movies in the environments are completely different, you can't introduce a photon-based weapon in Hurt Locker and expect your audience to continue to follow the story, whereas in Star Trek the universe already has established its sci-fi base. Presentation and the structure of it is a critical thing in this regard...

    In the case of Uncharted, its been established the boundaries are relatively tight in regards to the play it has, you can't venture too far out of a realistic presentation and still remain believable... And nothing personal but Drake picking up a laser cannon or a gun that catapults spider mines would destroy the environment's credibility. As such the weapons have to be realistic (which AC's aren't and don't FYI), in the real world there are about 6-7 different types of firearms... Thats about it. UC has those because it mimics THIS WORLD. Not a parallel universe where we are descended from some fictitious race of super-humans and there are artifacts all over the world that unlock our true potential and power.

    For gameplay though, you're ignoring the new hand-to-hand combat and the new stealth/shooting mechanics, although the stealth is related to how hand-to-hand combat has changed.

    What I find so funny is, once again, you forgive two games who make the exact same mistakes you are faulting Uncharted 3 for, which leads me to believe you dislike it for the one unique element UC3 has that the other two dont: Its a PS3 exclusive. Seriously, I'm waiting for you to just acknowledge this is the only reason you dislike it.

    I'm seriously starting to question if you've actually played any Uncharted as well...

    BTW, don't take this as me saying Revelations is a bad game.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.


    Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

  9. #49
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    BALLZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,213
    Reputation
    157

    Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    Wait why isn't UMvC3 on the list..
    lol because its a game that requires too much skill to platinum so people will discredit it as being bad.

    Sig and Avatar By djunglist

    My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

  10. #50
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,057
    Reputation
    178

    Guass i enjoy reading your responses to PS360 because what she says is always hypocritical and she is biased to the things she likes and then everything else is automatically bad.... and in your responces you prove she is wrong and better yet show HOW she is wrong/mis-informed/biased and whatever else that needs adding

    Sig by Apokolypz



  11. #51
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Well UC3 adds major story plot too... I'm not sure if its just you can't deal with character driven stories (but even then that doesn't make a whole lot of sense since AC is a hybrid), but UC3 adds major plot elements. We find out about how Drake and Sully met and the entire game fleshes out their father/son complex, we get to see how Drake got started in his 'craft.' Alot of character development happens with the 'Big-3,' we find out that Elena is very conflicted about Drake and what happened after UC2. We find out Sully, for as much as he soap-boxes his stories, really sticks around because Drake is all he has. We find out that, when push comes to shove, Drake really isn't the playboy he pretends to be... Family is important to him, and that as he has grown over the last two adventures he is not the stereotypical good guy and actually will stick his neck out for the bad-guy. Oh and all of this wrapped up in a pretty good mystery plot that introduces a pretty powerful villain.

    And thats what I'm convinced you actually don't understand, Uncharted 3 is good because of the characters. It resonates with people because of the characters. Its a well written character story with an interesting plot wrapped up by a well developed 3rd person shooter. Uncharted isn't trying to revolutionize gameplay or invent a genre... Its just telling a good story. NOTHING is wrong with that, hundreds of loved and respected things across all media did the same thing.
    to be honest the story is probably the only reason im playing the game (I haven't got that far because it felt like i was playing the same thing again, but that Jason Statham wannabe is probably my favorite character so far in the whole game because of how fucking corny he is). even though it feels like a cheesy indiana jones rip. infact all of them felt like that that i played (UC2 and UC3, i haven't touched UC1 at all except for the demo, which turned me off because it felt too much like a generic combat tomb raider. Most first games of a series are like that though (Assassins creed gameplay was ok, then #2 Came out and basically dominated)) Uncharted 2 had this terribly cliche "Ok we had serious for almost the whole 3/4's of the story, time to add a spice of Sci-fi Battshittery" suddenly fucking yeti's and super buff pandora people everywhere








    also sorry guys, i forgot about the Best FPS that came out this month


    Last edited by Ps360; 11-23-2011 at 03:21 AM.

  12. #52
    PRO Member
    Gauss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Reputation
    98

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    tUncharted 2 had this terribly cliche "Ok we had serious for almost the whole 3/4's of the story, time to add a spice of Sci-fi Battshittery" suddenly fucking yeti's and super buff pandora people everywhere
    This though is a bit different, you are basically saying that the problem isn't the story, its the formula by which the story is told.

    Yeah, you are specifically talking about UC2, but that is the basic formula of the adventure-mystery or horror-mystery serial.

    Its a realistic setting that involves a mystery whose premise challenges the boundaries of our perception of reality and the story is always character driven and focuses on how the mystery events shape the development and discovery of said characters.

    Yes, Indiana Jones was told like this, but thats only the most modern and most widely known incantation of this story-telling formula. Its much older and much wider than "Indiana Jones," It was employed by the likes of Alfred Hitchcock, almost all of the Pulp-film writers and directors of the 1950s, and most of the adventure writers of the late 1800s/early 1900s. All of those sources are told in that style. You have a series of character driven events centered around a mystery and the conclusion of the mystery puts a realistic and/or historical event or notion in a supernatural context.

    I believe Uncharted is actually a very good original work in this genre of story-telling, I completely disagree with people who claim its a Jones-rip-off. The only thing those two share in common is the tone, themes, and pacing (but I'd argue those 3 are what make an adventure serial... an adventure serial). It is completely cemented in this genre of storytelling though!

    My point is you are getting into territory where you aren't criticizing it for being bad or bland, but criticizing the type of game/story it is. Not criticizing the specific title, but rather the entire methodology by which the title centers around (the story's genre if you will). Once again, I'd argue this is not a fair basis for criticism much in the same way criticizing someone's career choice they made is not a fair basis for criticizing their overall quality as a person.

    If you dislike the method, its inherently obvious that there is no way anything (regardless of how well its done) will ever suit you. Ergo you aren't capable of giving a fair, level-headed opinion...

    Side-note, the look of the baddies in Shambala isn't inspired by 'Pandora people.' The look is inspired by the historical depictions of the people of Shambala and other supreme beings in the region. Uncharted has always used the combination of the region as well as the depictions of the historical basis for the mystery for its inspiration and the overall look of the environment. UC2 is about the tree-of-life, set in Nepal/India/Tibet-ish region, and is about Shambala, hence it borrows from alot of ancient Hindu/Buddist texts and paintings as well as the locales of that region for its overall look.

    Funny thing though, both Avatar and UC2 used the same historical texts for the look of their 'Pandora people/Pandora' and 'Shambala people/Shambala.' Its no coincidence that Cameron chose the word 'Avatar' (the english version of the word Hindu use to refer to these persons) rather than any one of a dozen others that would have conveyed the more obvious point.

    Its a double-meaning of sorts where Avatar represents the fact that the body of the main marine is not actually his own, but is also indicative of a superior body that is capable of 'crossing the plane' to exist in a superior world, its a shame the movie wasn't nearly as intelligent.

    If I did have one criticism of UC2 it would be that actually, the fact that there is quite a bit of melding and overlap of both Hindu and Buddhist looks, beliefs, and philosophy. Some of it I understand as they hail from the same general region of the world historically, and the Cintamani Stone is significant to both cultures. Its not necessarily insulting, but I would have preferred more intelligence in their depiction of things toward the end.
    Last edited by Gauss; 11-23-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.


    Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

  13. #53
    PRO Member
    thedevilsminion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Prince Edward Island Canada
    Posts
    353
    Reputation
    8

    Yes the topic creator is correct never have so many best selling games been released in such a short time and still purchased like there was no tomorrow, there is no doubt that the video game industry is alive and well even in these economic times


  14. #54
    Buy my book, Alteration
    Digitalman123's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a very very... maaaaad wooorld
    Posts
    2,735
    Reputation
    80

    Let's see:
    • Uncharted 3
    • Sonic Generations
    • Skyrim
    • Modern Warfare 3
    • Assassin's Creed Revelations
    • Skyward Sword
    • Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary
    Game-wise, awesome. Game-quality-wise, amazing


    Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

  15. #55
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Side-note, the look of the baddies in Shambala isn't inspired by 'Pandora people.'
    i was making a joke because i forgot what they were called


    they could of at least had the sci-fi elements throughout the whole thing. i mean uncharted 3 tried that with those gigantic nighmare-quality spider scenes (Nice to know that those exist in this game since i have a fear of spiders. Where the fuck were spiders mentioned at all in the previews?)

  16. #56
    Gorilla see, Gorilla do
    Creditdue's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    $crilla Villa
    Posts
    1,780
    Reputation
    62

    November, like every other month this year, has been fill with overrated, half-arsed, overhyped shite.


    Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

  17. #57
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Frostmourne89's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    November, like every other month this year, has been fill with overrated, half-arsed, overhyped shite.
    i kind of have to agree with this, even though i enjoyed most of the games that were released this month, the only one i really felt like i was playing something different was skyrim (mayb because i havent played oblivion in a very long time). each one ive played, ive only had one thought in my head, and that was "god when will i plat this". i just didnt feel that way for skyrim, and am thoroughly enjoying taking my time, doing all the little things it has to offer. not to say it doesnt have its flaws, which it does.

  18. #58
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    chibuki's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Magnolia, Fiore
    Posts
    125
    Reputation
    0

    It definitely has been huge but I don't know if these massive releases are a good thing or disaster for me. I usually spend a lot of time with the new games I bought but with new releases every week, it's impossible for average person to fully enjoy and get that feeling of every game in just 1 week span. And that's where I'm at now... I feel rather uneasy that I can't play these games enough. I hope devs will stop to cram everything at Q4 next year or something's gotta give.

    my latest anime updates

  19. #59
    Local Drunk
    Feral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,999
    Reputation
    603

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    This is stupid on so many levels though...

    Let me explain, I'll approach it from two angles: Reality and the angle that assumes you're right.

    Lets assume for a second you're right, UC3 didn't "really add a single thing." Then why is MW3 on the list again? UC3 is basically the same game released for a third time by your own admission.

    How does that make any logical sense? Its ok for CoD to do it, but not UC? Why the double-standard? Why the hypocrisy?

    Now, lets approach it from the reality, and thats the fact UC3 is story driven and actually has a completely different story that develops and hashes out characters. THATS the focus of this game.

    You say, in a later post, that Revelations is up there because it adds 'Major Story Plot' to the series. You claim it adds a new location and some new gameplay elements.

    Well UC3 adds major story plot too... I'm not sure if its just you can't deal with character driven stories (but even then that doesn't make a whole lot of sense since AC is a hybrid), but UC3 adds major plot elements. We find out about how Drake and Sully met and the entire game fleshes out their father/son complex, we get to see how Drake got started in his 'craft.' Alot of character development happens with the 'Big-3,' we find out that Elena is very conflicted about Drake and what happened after UC2. We find out Sully, for as much as he soap-boxes his stories, really sticks around because Drake is all he has. We find out that, when push comes to shove, Drake really isn't the playboy he pretends to be... Family is important to him, and that as he has grown over the last two adventures he is not the stereotypical good guy and actually will stick his neck out for the bad-guy. Oh and all of this wrapped up in a pretty good mystery plot that introduces a pretty powerful villain.

    And thats what I'm convinced you actually don't understand, Uncharted 3 is good because of the characters. It resonates with people because of the characters. Its a well written character story with an interesting plot wrapped up by a well developed 3rd person shooter. Uncharted isn't trying to revolutionize gameplay or invent a genre... Its just telling a good story. NOTHING is wrong with that, hundreds of loved and respected things across all media did the same thing.

    New locations? Well yeah I'll buy if you say France is like the Jungle and Syria is like Nepal from the last two games... How are the desert levels not a new location though? Particularly with how they are presented, the entire manner in which they are presented is new.

    You say "well its just jungle/desert," yet its not correct to just break down Revelations new location in such a simplistic way as saying "Well instead of a city in a forest area, its just a city in a rocky/mountainous area?" Its the same huge over-simplification and I'm forgetting the same number of locations by saying that.

    The weapons thing is a stupid argument, you're faulting a game for something thats outside its direction... The whole point of Uncharted is that its a fantasy adventure written as a coherent, complete serial, but the critical component is that the setting is a realistic explanation of a historical phenomenon with a small supernatural twist in the 'real world.' A key component of that is the world being believable.

    Suspension of disbelief is a tricky thing in writing because what the audience will accept completely depends on the established boundaries of the universe and the angle you are taking, the more extreme the angle the more the audience will accept (usually), but the consequence is the less "real" the setting becomes. Think of it like Star Trek vs. Hurt Locker. The boundaries you can push in those two movies in the environments are completely different, you can't introduce a photon-based weapon in Hurt Locker and expect your audience to continue to follow the story, whereas in Star Trek the universe already has established its sci-fi base. Presentation and the structure of it is a critical thing in this regard...

    In the case of Uncharted, its been established the boundaries are relatively tight in regards to the play it has, you can't venture too far out of a realistic presentation and still remain believable... And nothing personal but Drake picking up a laser cannon or a gun that catapults spider mines would destroy the environment's credibility. As such the weapons have to be realistic (which AC's aren't and don't FYI), in the real world there are about 6-7 different types of firearms... Thats about it. UC has those because it mimics THIS WORLD. Not a parallel universe where we are descended from some fictitious race of super-humans and there are artifacts all over the world that unlock our true potential and power.

    For gameplay though, you're ignoring the new hand-to-hand combat and the new stealth/shooting mechanics, although the stealth is related to how hand-to-hand combat has changed.

    What I find so funny is, once again, you forgive two games who make the exact same mistakes you are faulting Uncharted 3 for, which leads me to believe you dislike it for the one unique element UC3 has that the other two dont: Its a PS3 exclusive. Seriously, I'm waiting for you to just acknowledge this is the only reason you dislike it.

    I'm seriously starting to question if you've actually played any Uncharted as well...

    BTW, don't take this as me saying Revelations is a bad game.
    My point exactly. I'm also wondering if you've Uncharted or just love to bitch about it

  20. #60
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    stealthkiller22's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    735
    Reputation
    6

    definitely one of the best month of gaming i have seen
    so what December got to offer us around Christmas time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO