Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3 Homework

This is a discussion on PS3 Homework within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys, I have a homework assignment that requires me to do some research on a product. As part of ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PS3 Homework

Hey guys, I have a homework assignment that requires me to do some research on a product. As part of that research, I need 5 interviews with people who have or know about the product. The product I chose was the PS3, so I figured this would be the best place to get info from PS3 owners. : ) So, if you've got a few minutes, would you mind answering the following questions? Thanks!

1. Why did you decide to buy a PS3?
    2. Did any of Sony's advertising affect your buying decision?
    3. What do you use it for mostly?
    4. What do you love about it?

Also, if you are responding, what name should I call you if I need to reference you? (this could be your real name or your username, your choice.)

Thanks again!

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

1. I love video games, plain and simple. I always had Playstation since Playstation 1.
    I got it near release date, I spent months saving up for it. I was what.. 14? lol

2. Actually, I remember those videos that they had that took place in an empty room and i forgot what happened but that was pretty interesting. But besides that, I was going to get it either way

3. Besides gaming (fun), I use it to watch videos (netflix)
    Also a great way to keep communication with friends.

4. It can play video, music, games and it has a web browser.
    Not to mention the chat ability, like i usually talk to friends in voice/video chat.
    We usually have our cams on when we talk and stuff.
    So basically, the multimedia it provides.

Feel free to call me Jesse or jesse45 (username)

Need anymore info? Feel free to ask.

Good luck!
    Last edited by FancyJesse; 11-17-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 6 - Silver

1. My First PS3 40GB Fatty was a gift, I bought my second because I could get a 50% cut on a 250GB PS3 slim + 2 Free Games.

2.Sony's adverts didn't affect me, mostly cause their really weren't any on except for new games. The advert in my local gamestation regarding the deal is what got me to buy my new PS3.

3.Gaming is the reason I use my PS3. Occasionally I'll play a DVD on it or listen to music I've got saved on my PS3.

4.I love pretty much everything about my PS3, no complaints really except for a few of the older games that can crash at inconvenient times (Fallout 3, Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard & a few others). Oh and the patches which always seem to come out for every game.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

A plat a month!

1. I had a PS1 and PS2. At the time of purchase, it was known that Final Fantasy XIII, a franchise that traditionally was exclusive to the Playstation brand, was due out in a few years. I had just gotten an HD TV as a wedding gift, so I decided to get the system.

2. None of the direct advertising affected me. I was getting it based on my past experience with the Playstation brand.

3. 95% of it is used for games. I do occasionally watch a blu-ray on it.

4. Everything! Good games, HD graphics, the blu-ray player, online functionality.

I'd rather not give my last name out, but my first name is Brian

Lvl 4 - Silver

1. I bought a PS3 because my Xbox 360 broke and several of my friends also had a PS3 too. Little Big Planet and Gran Turismo 5 also persuaded me to buy one.

2. Nope. The adverts didn't really catch my attention.

3. Gaming mostly, but I also browse the internet occasionally and watch TV on it.

4. I like the fact that the online is free and the exclusive games. I also love the controller shape and the quality of the console.

Just call me AndroidFox or Fox. Your choice.

Hope it helps.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

1. i bought a ps3 because ive always been a sony man going back to the days when i had a ps1 i have practically grew up on sony consoles basically.

2.the adverts never really bothered me either as i new one way or another i was going to have one being a sony man and all that.

3.the main reason,playing games and getting as many trophies as i can as im addicted to getting trophies but unfortunatley dont get a lot of time to game because i have a family of my own.i also watch films too as you would be silly not to take advantage of the awesome blu ray player.

4.i love what it can do,from the blu ray to internet.the psn shop,music,gaming the list could go on and on there is loads it can do and thats why i love it.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My Answers :

1. I brought a PS3 because i had a PS2 and a PS1 The PS3 was better than the XBOX 360 , so i choose it and have not regretted that decision.

2. The only thing Advertising did was make me more appealed to the PS3.

3. 99.9% gaming , 0.01% Updating My Games.

4. The Thing I Love about my PS3 is that i can play in 3D , I Love It!

Adam The Dolphin.

Lvl 4 - Silver

1. Why did you decide to buy a PS3? I wanted to buy it just to play gta 4
    2. Did any of Sony's advertising affect your buying decision? no
    3. What do you use it for mostly? gaming
    4. What do you love about it? free online play, a huge collection of games

Huge Gaming Backlog

1. Why did you decide to buy a PS3? Because I had previously owned two 360's that lasted about 18 months (that damn red ring of death). So I went back to the shop and said give me a ps3. That was about 5 years ago and has only just died on me.

2. Did any of Sony's advertising affect your buying decision? Probably the exclusive games that were ps3 were heaps better than 360. That fact that it could play Blu-ray discs too was a big plus.

3. What do you use it for mostly? Mostly games. Watch DVD's and browse the PS store.

4. What do you love about it? Mate I could be here all day. A better question would be "what do I dislike about it". Nothing at all. If I had to pick one thing I loved about it I would say, free online gaming.

My real name is Reiner and I don't mind if you use it.
    By the way, great choice for an assignment. If I was your teacher I'd be giving it an A without even seeing it.
    Last edited by Reiner; 11-18-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 9 - Gold

I have always been a huge fan of the PS consoles. I've had the PS1, PS2 and PSP. I thought I had to step it up a notch and get the PS3.

Yes, the one where the price had dropped to $300

I only use it for gaming, nothing else.

Free online gaming and all the awesome exclusives

You may call me Eddie, sir.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well, you're well over 5, but I'm still gonna give my two cents.

I've always had the PlayStation consoles. And the main trigger for buying one at the time was a lot of games coming out that I wanted to play. inFamous was one of them, because I bought my PS3 in a bundle with that particular game. I had my doubts at first, because of the price tag on the PS3. But the fact that it's so recognizable for anyone who's ever owned a PS3, the free online, Blu-Ray and the amazing line of exclusives like God of War and Kingdom Hearts made me stick to Sony.
    Not really. I was pretty late in buying one. Though I've had mine for almost 2,5 years now. I did my own research. And besides, there wasn't that much PS3 advertising back then in the Netherlands to begin with. Now there's a lot more.
    Mostly just to play games. Watching Blu-Rays is without a doubt in second place. Other than that, I rarely browse the internet on it or play some music on it.
    I love it's design. I have the fat one, and I love how shiny it is. Also the free online. It really is a great advantage over the Xbox.

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by Press_enter View Post

Also, if you are responding, what name should I call you if I need to reference you? (this could be your real name or your username, your choice.)

Thanks again!
    1. Because it was next in line after the PS2 and im a loyal Playstation person. Although $599 was a hefty price.
    2. No amount of advertising would sway my decision either way.
    3. Mostly Disc based games. Then, netflix/hulu. And finally PSN game downloads pass the other time.
    4. Everything! Its like a multi-purpose tool!

You can just user my username in need of reference.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

1. ive been playing the gamecube for over 5 years and i finally wanted to move to the next get. got it in 2010. all my friends had it so i went with ps3. also mw2 came out that year and everyone was playing it

2. read number 1

3. obviously games and watching videos i download

4. it provides me many hours of entertainment. also TROPHIES

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Just FYI, you guys are all awesome! I have more than enough for my assignment now, but this seems like an interesting subject to everyone, so feel free to keep going. Here are my answers.

1. I wanted to upgrade to a next gen console, didn't like the XBOX, and was indifferent about the Wii.
    2. I had already decided on buying a PS3 before the great Kevin Butler ads started coming out, but I rushed my purchase because the commercials made me really excited about it.
    3. I love the games on the system, but I think I watch Netflix the most. Then the games, mostly on-disc, and then I actually use it to listen to music a lot too.
    4. I love how simple it is to pick up and play anything on the system, be it a game, movie or internet. Since I was already accustomed to the controller before it came out, transferring to the PS3 was a painless process. And everything looks so good on it! =D

Lvl 4 - Silver

1. I have been playing games forever and the exclusive games that PS has are far more interesting then Xbox's exclusives.
    2. Not really as stated above it was their exclusives. All though I remember seeing the first Killzone 2 trailer and saying F YEA.
    3. Playing disc games both offline and online, a bluray player, and netflix as of late.
    4. I love everything from reliability to the continued line up of amazing games, its overall look, and the usual players I meet online are lot better then the typical xbox player IMO.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

1. It seemed like an awesome console to have! Yes I'm a gamer and I love games but that wasn't the only reason why I chose a PS3. I wanted it for the entertainment that it provided as a whole (Blu Ray, Games, Music, Internet)

2. Not really. I didn't really get influenced by any of Sony's marketing campaigns and advertisements. I think that the advertisements from different games persuaded me to get one. I really wanted to play Uncharted, Call of Duty, and Assassin's Creed. I also thought that the PS3 would be an excellent choice because it came with a very good blu ray player.

3. I use it for gaming and movies! All the other features are awesome to have but when it comes to primary use, it would be blu rays and video games.

4. What I love about it is the awesome features that it includes (as stated above) I mean, I only play my PS3 on weekdays and there are lots of stuff to do about it. Of course gaming is the main feature why the majority would purchase it but I love everything about the console! I also love how it comes with a 3D ready blu ray player. I have a massive movie collection and I always watch my DVDs and Blu rays on it since it can up-convert DVDs to near HD quality! Even my mother uses it to watch her nature movies such as Disney's Earth and such. I also love the fact that it acts as a streaming media server so I could have my desktop upstairs and my PS3 would recognize it and I would be able to stream movies, music, and photos directly from the console. It's very user friendly and a reliable device that anyone could use.

It's not just a product for gamers. It's one which the whole family can use for multiple sources of entertainment! It's an "all-in-one machine"!!

You can refer me as Swishbig

The One and Only

I have a PS2 and loved it, so when I heard about PS3 exclusives and games that are for the PS3 and not for the PS2, I wanted to upgrade.

Meh, the only time I saw a PS3 commercial was after I decided I wanted one. So it's didn't really affect my decision that much.

I mostly use it to play video games and chat with people through PSN. I even use it for music in LittleBigPlanet 2.

Pretty much everything about it that I bothered to use it for. I love the fact that I can watch Blu-Ray movies off of it, chat with people online while playing my games, the online service (PSN), some of it's products that I can buy through the PSN Store, and, of course, the games that I play on it. Another thing that makes the PS3 and gaming shine a bit is trophies that I earn.

You can reference me as Dare.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Now this is Podracing

1. I actually had a 360 first, then I played Uncharted on my Uncles PS3, and saw how awesome it was. Then I was at the cinema and saw the trailer for inFamous, and how it was a Sony exclusive, which pretty much made my mind up. So I'd say it was due to the exclusives at the time.

2. Yeah, the inFamous trailer sealed the deal, seeing it on the big screen. And a good thin g was that it was a great game too.

3. Disc based games, online multiplayer, watching movies off my external HDD and Ive started getting a few more PSN games.

4. My favourite thing would have to be connectivity. A lot of my friends also have PS3's so playing multiplayer with them alot is great, especially sinced I moved from the city where all my friends are to a pretty remote regional town. Also the Exclusives to PS3, Uncharted and inFamous mainly are some of my favourite games and series

Buy my book, Alteration

1. All I had was a PS2 at the time, and the PS2 was running out of time, plus there were better games and sequels to game series I loved on PS2.

2. I didn't see any PS3 ads before buying, so no. The commercials afterwards were cool though.

3. I mostly play games on it, but I also watch Blu-Ray movies on it, and I use music during Sonic Unleashed and Generations, and also in LittleBigPlanet 2.

4. I love the fact it pushes gaming limits in all forms. The graphics are amazing, and the technological feats are better. I remember marveling at how well Uncharted 3's cutscenes melted seamlessly back into gameplay, and actually stopping at some points to see if it was a cutscene, or if I was really controlling it.
    I also love the free online, the fact I can actually play Blu-Rays on it really helps out at point, I can play music whilst I play (in certain games), and that the single-player is always more refined on PS3.

You can use me for a reference as digitalman123.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 4 - Silver

1. I bought my ps3 a week or two after launch because I had a PS1 and PS2 with a good amount of PS2 games still in my collection. However this feature is now removed. Another reason I bought a PS3 was for the Blu-Ray Player (PS3 $600, Blu-Ray $1000), next is for the ability to use it as a browser and finally and most importantly the new PS3 games/exclusive games.

2. Ads did not affect me in my decision I did research since it was announced.

3. I use it mainly for gaming however I have movies stored on the hard drive that I use when I go to other places.

4. It is a great system that offers a lot and free online gaming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast