Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Games You Liked Before Going Platinum

This is a discussion on Games You Liked Before Going Platinum within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Not sure if this has been done before, but name the game(s) that you used to love before going Platinum ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Games You Liked Before Going Platinum

Not sure if this has been done before, but name the game(s) that you used to love before going Platinum or trying to go Platinum—you enjoyed the game when you first got it and now you can't stand it because of the ridiculous trophies needed to get to that special Platinum.

1. Heavy Rain - A fun and interesting game for the first two playthroughs. Getting that platinum requires playing a few sections over and over and with the button prompts, I can only take it so far before I want to kill my neighbor's cat. If I have to hear Ethan Mars bitch one more time about losing his son, I am gonna throw the controller out the damn window. Platinum achieved. I will never put that game in my PS3 again.

2. Shadow of the Colossus - Beautiful and unique game, but going Platinum requires 6-7 playthroughs. I played this through a few times when it was on the PS2, so that means even more playthroughs to get the goodness. I am currently on my 4th playthrough and I have it on mute, listening to 80's Rock, and drinking beer because I cannot bare it anymore. What pisses me off the most is trying to get on the freakin' horse. Instead Wander just decides to jump in the air... FML. My fist is about to go through the drywall. Two more playthroughs........

Let's hear em. What game did you love before obtaining or trying to obtain that mighty Platinum.

Resident PHD

FF13

While going for Treasure Hunter I kept thinking back to parts in the game that seemed so long ago. I just kept hoping for those items to quit playing.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Huge Gaming Backlog

NBA Jam because you had to play through 4 to 5 seasons for the plat.

Medal of Honor. Trying to get the Fire Controller trophy legit drove me nuts. Luckily I came across some awesome people who helped me boost it.
    Last edited by Reiner; 11-17-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

The Girl Gamer

Grand Theft Auto IV - I love any Grand Theft Auto game, but playing this game for two months to get platinum and get 100%, I'm basically tired of playing it and won't play it for a long while. Especially the online trophies. I'm sick and tired of always flying the helicopter in the game.

WET - Just got platinum right now. Love the game at first, but since you have to play about 3 to 4 playthroughs, I got bored of the game. Especially the gameplay is so boring since all you do is jump, slide, shoot, and repeat.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions: I love Spiderman but having to replay levels 2 to 4 times got annoying for a few levels. The levels are fun the first time around and maybe even the second time around but after that the game gets boring. Plus there are a few glitches that sometimes force you to restart from the last checkpoint. The reason it took me a month to get the was because I didn't wanna force myself to replay levels soon after playing through the game.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

currently it borderlands for me. loved the game at first but the claptrap and mission trophies are killing me

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Ghost Assassin

Red Dead Redemption-I didn't absolutely hate it after, but grinding to lvl. 50 for the plat after the patches was very boring. I fell asleep like 5 times. I kept doing Pike's Basin for maximum xp, but thats only 1000xp every 8-10mins.

FF-Junkie!

Getting the plat for heavy rain started well, great gameplay and interesting story, which quickly turned repetitive.

Sig masterfully created by the one and only Bladia!
    Checkout my Youtube www.youtube.com/thesonofsephiroth

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by coenak View Post
    Not sure if this has been done before, but name the game(s) that you used to love before going Platinum or trying to go Platinum—you enjoyed the game when you first got it and now you can't stand it because of the ridiculous trophies needed to get to that special Platinum.

1. Heavy Rain - A fun and interesting game for the first two playthroughs. Getting that platinum requires playing a few sections over and over and with the button prompts, I can only take it so far before I want to kill my neighbor's cat. If I have to hear Ethan Mars bitch one more time about losing his son, I am gonna throw the controller out the damn window. Platinum achieved. I will never put that game in my PS3 again.
    Yeah definitely agree with mate, that's why I took ages to get the platinum cause I just got sick of I was like I couldn't give a flying f**k if the kid dies just shut up already.

Lvl 9 - Gold

MAG
    this was b4 i was into trophies this was also the first MMO ive ever played to. it took me awhile to get into the game and get good.ive bought it on realease date trying out new kind of game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

God of War. I Platted 1-3 basically 3 times since i had to help my cousin and my friend -.- never. ever. again. 6 playthroughs each is like torture.

I make my own mayo!

Deus Ex, both inFAMOUS' and Dead Assland.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Lvl 6 - Silver

GTA IV, I liked GTA IV quite a bit, but once you start going for trophies like the online and that annoying friend related one and that rally tedious Pigeon one. Well you can see why I started to get fed up with it.

Splatterhouse The game can get severely annoying and unfair in the later stages, especially on Hard.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For me, it was Nier. I loved this game. I admit being shocked to the intro, seeing as Square Enix doesn't typically throw so much profanity at a game, but the grinding for the weapons upgrades made me want to pull my hair out. I look forward to the follow up, if the hushed rumors are true, but have my fingers crossed that I don't spend hours searching for Broken Wristwatches, again.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm gonna have to say FIFA 10. I'm a big fan of the series, and I don't really hate it now, but getting 500 matches with your VP was such a drag. At a certain point I couldn't stand playing more than two, three matches a day. And getting 100 online wins was a bitch too, because it doesn't count if your opponent quits. In your stats they do count though. So you never have any fucking idea how many you've got and how many you still need to get. It was really annoying. That's the first one that comes to mind.

The second is Dynasty Warriors 7. They're not great games, but they're a guilty pleasure of mine. But to get the plat, you have to max out every character, which requires an insane amount of grinding. Well, maybe compared to other games it isn't an insane amount. But when you have to play the same level over and over again, even the greatest fan of the series is gonna have to cave and admit that it's just a brain-dead button-mashing fiasco.

The third would have to be X-Men: Origins. The game is really short, but I had to play through it at least five times. I just couldn't take it anymore at the end. And why? Because the guides I was using had missed ONE dogtag. I played through the game multiple times just for that single collectible I still needed. Heck, I probably played through it more than ten times.

That's what usually puts me off a game. Having to replay something over and over. That why I didn't want to play Heavy Rain for a long time. I've recently started mopping up trophies however, and I'm really into it again. It just doesn't have the same charm as the first time around.

PRO Member

For me is Dead Rising 2 is so tedius to keep killing zombies over and over it realley gets super boring

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I loved this game back on the Gamecube, but I've now beaten it three time over on PS3 and still don't have all of the treasure chests I need for the platinum. So obnoxious.

3D Dot Game Heroes had a wonderful idea and made a great game by simply being nostalgic. The plat requires at least 3 play-throughs though, and on one of those you can't die at all and on another you can't get hit at all. By the last playthrough I was just skipping everything that wasn't even slightly important.

FFXIII. I loved this game because it was so gorgeous. If it didn't have the attachment to Final Fantasys of old, I think people would have liked it better. The game was pretty solid even though people expected more from it. Anyway, after putting in 50 hours to beat it, it took me 70 hours of grinding to finish off the Treasure Hunter trophy. I keep the game around thinking that one day I'll get over my frustration with this game and replay it, but I doubt that will ever truly happen.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

prince of persia trilogy-the none stacking difficulty trophies sort of ruined it for me a little

ac brotherhood-i loved playing it offline but now i just cant stand to put the game back in and even try and get the remaining online trophies as they are a pain to get (probably me being a tart i know) and when i did try it just wound me up.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

A plat a month!

Resistance 2, my first Loved it until I made a habit of grinding kills in multiplayer.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I loved Borderlands before getting the platinum. I was going to buy the DLC but decided against it. I am definitely getting Borderlands 2 next year (I think that is when its scheduled for release...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast