random question

This is a discussion on random question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; does anyone happen to know if gamestop will take refurbished ps3's i have one still works great but its refurbished ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

random question

does anyone happen to know if gamestop will take refurbished ps3's i have one still works great but its refurbished if any one knows that would really help

Lvl 4 - Silver

of course they'll take it. But you just wont get alot especially if its a phat ps3. You're better off selling it on ebay..

Lvl 6 - Silver

well right know gamestop has an extra 50 dollar promotion going on if you trade in an xbox or ps3 and since i dont need 2 ps3 I was going to trade one in but I wasnt sure if they took refurbished ps3 because a local store that trades in video game consoles will not take refurbished consoles do you still think i can get more on ebay even with the 50 dollar bonus at gamestop?

Lvl 4 - Silver

most likely. and that bonus is probably just in store credit. i remember i was going to sell them a 360 like 2 months ago and i was only going to get like 40 bucks for it..

PRO Member

Zombie-4 is correct. GS will take it but, you will not get very much for it. Honestly, if you are serious enough about trophies it would be great to have 2 PS3s. You can boost by yourself in most games that require such. Just a thought.

It never hurts to make a phone call before running down there either. They'll tell you everything you need/want to know and you don't even have to leave the comfort of your house, haha.

Harvester of Souls

ONly 40 bucks!?? Damn.. I'd of told them to kiss my ass.. 90 total for 40 and 50 bonus now lolz...

But yeah, you could definitely sell it for more, but hope no one else undercuts you on ebay and all.. Just be a matter of waiting to sell it but if a hurry, then take to Lameshit. They'll take refurbished systems as long as they turn on when they test it and can play games for a few moments.. you're good

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yeah i wasnt very pleased at all. I wanted to get a newer one for Gears 3 but that never happened haha

Lvl 3 - Bronze

they'll take it but don't expect over 100 bucks for it