Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anyone notice you can deactivate accounts remotely now?

This is a discussion on Anyone notice you can deactivate accounts remotely now? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have a question... So I have 2 PS3s with my account on it. I plan toget the PSVita. Can ...

Kid, not loser

I have a question... So I have 2 PS3s with my account on it. I plan toget the PSVita. Can I have a 3rd acount on the Vita or does this mean I cant collect trophies on it with this account then?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thankyou Satiety! if i could rep you i would ive been waiting for this since they announced it

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was online all day and the PSN wasn't down, a couple of friends were playing MW3/Skyrim while being online too.
    Still it's awesome that I can deactivate my account on other PS3s since I had my account on a friends PS3 and he sold it so I want to make sure nobody can enter there.
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I have a question... So I have 2 PS3s with my account on it. I plan toget the PSVita. Can I have a 3rd acount on the Vita or does this mean I cant collect trophies on it with this account then?
    PS3s and handhelds have separate activations. I'm assuming when the Vita comes out, there will probably be a firmware update, or just a network update, that rolls it into the activation fold. Currently, there are separate activation limits for PS3 and PSP, so I would hope that the PSV will get its own activation limit as well.

PRO Member

Ok under devices I have all my devices listed separately and it seems like I can deactivate each one separately. Does this have a 6 month wait on any activations afterward. I only ask because everyone is talking about it like if I can only deactivate all at once. And what about the stuff I bought many moons ago. Can't those old activations still run my purchases from before the rule change. This is just wrong anyway.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Before I deactivate my account, I would like to know does anyone know if I will still have my full 5 downloads of DLC from the store? I know that it now only does 2 PS3s but would like to know what happens to the things I have already bought. Is it just the things bought starting from today (18/11/11) that's only for 2 PS3s and would I still be able to download the older stuff again on 5 PS3s?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Too bad it's not working and is giving me problems. I just off the phone with 2 Sony Reps and both could not fix my problem for BOTH of my ACCOUNTS!

Yea this thing really does work......NOT!
    Had Video content on 2 separate Accounts and both PS3's Died so how was I suppose to De-active those PS3's again?

Vive La Révelation!

Hmm… This is good to know. Thank you
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Redding View Post
    Thankyou Satiety! if i could rep you i would ive been waiting for this since they announced it
    I haven't seen it announced yet but I'm glad I could help, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    thanks for the info i had an account on a friends ps3 and it ylod on him so i was out a slot
    even though now were limited to 2 but oh well
    You're welcome. Glad I could provide the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I think it's going to be separated just like the PSP. PS3 has it's own activations, PSP has it's own activations and I don't see why PS Vita wouldn't have their own activations right? And they all use the same accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    I was online all day and the PSN wasn't down, a couple of friends were playing MW3/Skyrim while being online too.
    Still it's awesome that I can deactivate my account on other PS3s since I had my account on a friends PS3 and he sold it so I want to make sure nobody can enter there.
    Yeah, same here. I was able to see my friends online but the only thing that was down for me was the store.

Quote Originally Posted by xsouthwell View Post
    Ok under devices I have all my devices listed separately and it seems like I can deactivate each one separately. Does this have a 6 month wait on any activations afterward. I only ask because everyone is talking about it like if I can only deactivate all at once. And what about the stuff I bought many moons ago. Can't those old activations still run my purchases from before the rule change. This is just wrong anyway.
    I'm guessing you haven't tried to deactivate it one at a time. If you click deactivate that way, it will ONLY instruct you how to deactivate it. Basically "manually" deactivate it. It won't give you the option to actually deactivate it remotely. The only way so far is to follow the instructions I posted on the first post. And yes, it's "Deactivate All" unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by mickster View Post
    Before I deactivate my account, I would like to know does anyone know if I will still have my full 5 downloads of DLC from the store? I know that it now only does 2 PS3s but would like to know what happens to the things I have already bought. Is it just the things bought starting from today (18/11/11) that's only for 2 PS3s and would I still be able to download the older stuff again on 5 PS3s?
    I can't confirm it yet seeing as how I gotta call up my friends to activate mine again on their PS3s and see if it still works, lol. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SheLovesMyJizzz View Post
    Too bad it's not working and is giving me problems. I just off the phone with 2 Sony Reps and both could not fix my problem for BOTH of my ACCOUNTS!

Yea this thing really does work......NOT!
    Had Video content on 2 separate Accounts and both PS3's Died so how was I suppose to De-active those PS3's again?
    I'm not entirely sure if it's the same but we're only talking about deactivating "game content" not video content. I can't vouch whether it works for that or not. We'll have to see an official release from Sony as to what they actually did or did not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_R3V3LAT1ON_xX View Post
    Hmm… This is good to know. Thank you
    No problem!

worlds biggest welch fan

thanks yo.

game it up playa.

over and out
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 5 - Silver

I can't even log in to the stupid website since yesterday to deactivate but whatever I really don't care.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This is great! My roommate had a PS3 and I created my profile on his system. He moved out and I was never able to deactivate it and I don't have a way of contacting him. Now I can get that activation back! Yay!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    Yep, that was the point of the maintenance, although it comes at the cost of only allowing each Downloadable game or DLC to be activated on 2 systems at a time.
    If that's the case, how come everyone goes happy-go-lucky with reseting all activations? I would do it come the time when I need it myself. Also, I thought Sony mentioned that older games aren't affected by this. Still a lot of questions unanswered so I definitely won't deactivate my account.

my latest anime updates

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the heads up on that. I don't need to deactivate any systems as my account is only on my ps3's

IF YOU NEED TROPHY HELP JUST ASK ME. DO NOT SEND A BLANK FRIEND REQUEST

Revelations 19:16

So let me get this straight, if anyone knows or has tested...

It seems that technically, we can have our name on 5 systems still, however, purchased content on or past 11-18-2011 is only shared between 2? So what about previous content and the 5 systems. Does it now say anything for an error message?

hopefully i asked that the right way...
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by djthaiboxer View Post
    So let me get this straight, if anyone knows or has tested...

It seems that technically, we can have our name on 5 systems still, however, purchased content on or past 11-18-2011 is only shared between 2? So what about previous content and the 5 systems. Does it now say anything for an error message?

hopefully i asked that the right way...
    Yeah I think that's the same question I asked earlier. If anyone else wants to know the answer to this then here is what I have found.

Done a lot good bit of research into it be sure and apparently Sony has said anything bought before that date can still be shared in 5 systems. Anything bought after that date can only go into 2 systems. I haven't tried it yet so I cant be sure but I have read this in a number of places saying it so it has to be true

Hope this clears it up to anyone else who is wondering the same thing

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So? i guess you only can activate 2 PS3 at same time and no more than that right?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I cannot sync my account to this site anymore, any ideas on how I could fix that?

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

thanks for the notice. i will do this asap

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast