Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anyone notice you can deactivate accounts remotely now?

This is a discussion on Anyone notice you can deactivate accounts remotely now? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This comes at exactly the right time, as when I heard they were lowering the limit to 2, I was ...

PRO Member

This comes at exactly the right time, as when I heard they were lowering the limit to 2, I was like I might have to start getting rid of accounts if too many of my old ps3's are also activated for my DLC, and what happens if you had a ps3 it was sent to sony 2 be repaired, but they give u some1 else's repaired one and yours will be repaired at a later date and given 2 someone else, is it still activated or after they reset all the settings does it become deactivated?

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

The Bushiest Pig

Just deactivated all 6 with mine -_- ..... Bad thing is you must deactivate all, good thing is on your PS3 just reactivate your account and your games and DLC will unlock.

I had my PS3, 1 YLOD PS3, 1 Update Corrupted PS3 and 3 others .... all deactivated

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Avan View Post
    So? i guess you only can activate 2 PS3 at same time and no more than that right?
    I've no idea but my guess is you can still activate all 5 accounts. Only 2 of them are able to download the same thing. Say your game sharing with 4 other people who has your account, whichever one downloads it 2nd gets it and the other 3 can't. But if one of the other 3 downloads it instead then that person gets it and the rest can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Parksons View Post
    I cannot sync my account to this site anymore, any ideas on how I could fix that?
    Did you deactivate your accounts or something?

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have a problem :/ im from portugal and qriocity isnt compatible with it.. what am i suposed to do? ._.

Lvl 6 - Silver

anything bought prior to 11 18 2011 can still be shared on 5 systems, provided it was before
    anything bought from 11 18 2011 can only be played on the buying system and ONE other

take me, I have/HAD 5 names used
    1 mine
    2 cousins
    3 brothers
    4 other cousin
    5 friends ylod
    we all bought games together and we could all play each others games
    now, I deactivated all 5 systems last night and reactivated mine, my brothers an one cousins
    I STILL have 2 more names I "can" share (not again)

Now, if I buy a game I can only share it with ONE person
    NOW, NO, this does NOT mean you can share individual games. It just means you can share your name with one other system.
    whichever system activates a download from your account first will be the system you are sharing with

I hope this helps to clear some things up

Lvl 6 - Silver

good to know thanks for the post
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Awesome! Just deactivated my account from 5 devices: 60GB PS3 (YLOD), bro's PSP, my PSP, friend's PS3 (sold), new PS3 (Slim 320GB). I gotta re-activate my account on my new PS3 though lol.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    anything bought prior to 11 18 2011 can still be shared on 5 systems, provided it was before
    anything bought from 11 18 2011 can only be played on the buying system and ONE other

take me, I have/HAD 5 names used
    1 mine
    2 cousins
    3 brothers
    4 other cousin
    5 friends ylod
    we all bought games together and we could all play each others games
    now, I deactivated all 5 systems last night and reactivated mine, my brothers an one cousins
    I STILL have 2 more names I "can" share (not again)

Now, if I buy a game I can only share it with ONE person
    NOW, NO, this does NOT mean you can share individual games. It just means you can share your name with one other system.
    whichever system activates a download from your account first will be the system you are sharing with

I hope this helps to clear some things up
    I'm sorry but that doesn't clear up the confusion.

Let me just try to make up a scenario... for example,

1. Tonight you go change your password and then you go deactivate your PSN ID from all systems that are linked to it. So then only you know the password and can re-activate it back in your PS3, but not on cousin's, brother's, other cousin's, and friend's unless they know your new password.

2. Your 2 cousins and brother still want to share the games with you together, so you give them your new password to them. Will it let them all re-activate your PSN ID in their systems, or will it only let 1 other person do it besides you?

To my understanding, once you deactivate it from the website the rest of the family won't get their old shared games and DLCs back. Which is a contradiction of what Sony told us.

my latest anime updates

Lvl 3 - Bronze

its unfortunate that it doesn't deactivate the video as well as the games section. thats kinda what i was hoping for.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Just deactivated all 6 with mine -_- ..... Bad thing is you must deactivate all, good thing is on your PS3 just reactivate your account and your games and DLC will unlock.

I had my PS3, 1 YLOD PS3, 1 Update Corrupted PS3 and 3 others .... all deactivated
    thanks for clearing that up, so even ylod ps3's are still activated?, what about though if they have been refurbed are they still activated??, or when they refurb do they reassign the code/serial number/whatever they use so the refurbed ps3 will not have the same code as yours did b4 you sent into sony(sony gives your ps3 2 someone else and u get someone's else already refurbed 1), so basically the code is changed when u send u ps3 in but the old code that was assigned to the ps3 b4 they change it still exists, but it will be never used, but it is still activated, correct?

Youtube.Com/Kc1597

PRO Member

I figured it out all now, yes ylod ps3 do count towards an activated system as well as systems you no longer use and systems that you currently use, people who are asking how many system's you can have now, well I went on qriocity and checked another part of the webpage and this is basically is what it shows :
    Slot 1 : ps3 1
    Slot 2 : ps3 2
    Slot 3 : empty
    so basically you can have 3 consoles all together or you can share your downloads to 2 other consoles hope this helps

Youtube.Com/Kc1597

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    thanks for clearing that up, so even ylod ps3's are still activated?, what about though if they have been refurbed are they still activated??, or when they refurb do they reassign the code/serial number/whatever they use so the refurbed ps3 will not have the same code as yours did b4 you sent into sony(sony gives your ps3 2 someone else and u get someone's else already refurbed 1), so basically the code is changed when u send u ps3 in but the old code that was assigned to the ps3 b4 they change it still exists, but it will be never used, but it is still activated, correct?
    Not really understanding you but I'll try to answer the best I can.

You are able to deactivate your account off of YLOD and Corrupted PS3s. Deactivating your account puts it back to where all systems are unable to download stuff from you unless you activate your accoutn via Account Management. Even if the PS3 is refurbished and sold to someone else your account is still on it, just not activated. And the people would need your password to get on to activate it anway, so change your password just in case.

Like on Monday when I Reactivate my account on my PS3 it'll be the only PS3 with my accoutn that is actually activated.

PRO Member

Not really understanding you but I'll try to answer the best I can.

You are able to deactivate your account off of YLOD and Corrupted PS3s. Deactivating your account puts it back to where all systems are unable to download stuff from you unless you activate your accoutn via Account Management. Even if the PS3 is refurbished and sold to someone else your account is still on it, just not activated. And the people would need your password to get on to activate it anway, so change your password just in case.

Like on Monday when I Reactivate my account on my PS3 it'll be the only PS3 with my accoutn that is actually activated.
    got it thanks

Youtube.Com/Kc1597

The One and Only

Thanks for the info. I might not need to use it though, because my account is only activated on two PS3's: my own and my cousin's PS3 for when I go to his house and play games there. I'll be fine.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Thanks for the info. I might not need to use it though, because my account is only activated on two PS3's: my own and my cousin's PS3 for when I go to his house and play games there. I'll be fine.
    haha no problem and yeah you'll be fine and you still have an extra slot, should you choose to use it

Youtube.Com/Kc1597

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    haha no problem and yeah you'll be fine and you still have an extra slot, should you choose to use it
    Yuor only allowed to download stuff on 2 PS3s now, so both of his slots are taken up :stare:

The One and Only

Yuor only allowed to download stuff on 2 PS3s now, so both of his slots are taken up :stare:
    And they're on two trusted systems.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

but there are 3 slots on the qriocity website???

Youtube.Com/Kc1597

PRO Member

Acutally what it means, you can share to 2 others ps3 so there are all together 3 slots(including the original ps3) here read this : PS3/PSP game sharing restrictions enacted today (yay DRM) -Destructoid it clearly sais it has been reduced from four to 2 but it said earlier that four consoles = "five players bumming off" so what it means is 2 more consoles excluding the original console

Youtube.Com/Kc1597

worlds biggest welch fan

that was so quick easy and simple.

point and click.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast