Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Anyone notice you can deactivate accounts remotely now?

This is a discussion on Anyone notice you can deactivate accounts remotely now? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I deactivated all mine yesterday. Didn't realize that doing a full system reset =/= deactivating a system....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I deactivated all mine yesterday. Didn't realize that doing a full system reset =/= deactivating a system.
    Just because I'm a lazy person: All gaming info is here -> GrimmLAN13

The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble
    I like my coffee black
    Just like my metal

Mindless Self Indulgence

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This makes for a nice backup when I have no other way to deactivate my PS3's (the first one YLOD on me, and my second is just fine, while not sharing activations with others.) However, it's a shame that they didn't add the same function to movies, but hopefully they'll allow it in the future.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by chibuki View Post
    I'm sorry but that doesn't clear up the confusion.

Let me just try to make up a scenario... for example,

1. Tonight you go change your password and then you go deactivate your PSN ID from all systems that are linked to it. So then only you know the password and can re-activate it back in your PS3, but not on cousin's, brother's, other cousin's, and friend's unless they know your new password.

2. Your 2 cousins and brother still want to share the games with you together, so you give them your new password to them. Will it let them all re-activate your PSN ID in their systems, or will it only let 1 other person do it besides you?

To my understanding, once you deactivate it from the website the rest of the family won't get their old shared games and DLCs back. Which is a contradiction of what Sony told us.
    so i give my new password to my brother and 1 cousin they are now able to reactivate what i was already sharing with them prior to my deactivating all systems

now today, after the 18th I buy a game, i tell my brother to get it under my acct, he and I are the only ones now who can share any of my future purchases

True Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    So, after the maintenance, it looks like we can deactivate accounts remotely through the qriocity website. I just tried it and bam, everything is deactivated from all systems (PS3/PSP). Though, there is a 6 months limit for every reset but that's alright. I'm entirely glad that this method was finally implemented seeing as how I lost one of my activations somewhere along the years, lol.

If you want to know how to deactivate:

Go to: qriocity.com
    Under Accounts -> Media and Devices -> Game Category gives you the option to "Deactivate All"
    (Only 1 reset per 6 months)

Oh and don't forget to activate your own PS3 afterwards, lol
    ahh man... got me all excited... only to find: "Qriocity is not available in your country".

Good feature nonetheless...

Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire -
    Red Dead Redemption - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by janhm View Post
    ahh man... got me all excited... only to find: "Qriocity is not available in your country".

Good feature nonetheless...
    aww, that does suck... I wonder if it'll be made worldwide D:

Quote Originally Posted by air_beagle View Post
    I deactivated all mine yesterday. Didn't realize that doing a full system reset =/= deactivating a system.
    Lol, I did mention that the reset is a full reset meaning it'll reset from #'s to 0

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    that was so quick easy and simple.

point and click.
    Exactly. You'll only have to remember it's every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by chibuki View Post
    I'm sorry but that doesn't clear up the confusion.

Let me just try to make up a scenario... for example,

1. Tonight you go change your password and then you go deactivate your PSN ID from all systems that are linked to it. So then only you know the password and can re-activate it back in your PS3, but not on cousin's, brother's, other cousin's, and friend's unless they know your new password.

2. Your 2 cousins and brother still want to share the games with you together, so you give them your new password to them. Will it let them all re-activate your PSN ID in their systems, or will it only let 1 other person do it besides you?

To my understanding, once you deactivate it from the website the rest of the family won't get their old shared games and DLCs back. Which is a contradiction of what Sony told us.
    I added a bit more information on my first post regarding about that. It seems like we can STILL play games that were shared before Nov 18, 2011 even though the PS3 was deactivated.

Here's a scenario:
    It is now Nov 18, 2011. I fully deactivated everything on qriocity website.
    My PS3 - I activated this first. Meaning (First Activation)
    My Friend X's PS3 - This gets activated second. (Second Activation) [ALREADY MAXED LIMIT]
    My Girlfriend's PS3 - I try to activate this just to see if it can be activated but apparently it can't. [NO ACTIVATION] BUT! I tried the games that were on her PS3 that were bought by me BEFORE NOV. 18, 2011. What do you know? It still works!! Which means that Sony did keep their word... But if you wanna share new games starting from Nov. 18, 2011 and onward, you'll have to deactivate at least one PS3 in order to share to another person.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Who cares if it limits me to only 2. My PS3 was already activated 6 times D:
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Winter Is Coming

Just to clarify, once i deactivate all ps3's i then just sign in on my current ps3 to reactivate my account on my system?

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 6 - Silver

Guys, using qriocity is not the proper way of doing it, it works but the normal way is using this link
    http://store.playstation.com/login.gvm
    qriocity is not avaiable in all countries like mine
    Enter the link i gave and choose manage account, log in with your info
    Choose account, devices, click game and choose deactivate all
    Like everyone knows, it can only be used once every 6 months
    Last edited by wcamicase; 11-20-2011 at 06:42 AM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    Guys, using qriocity is not the proper way of doing it, it works but the normal way is using this link
    Thanks for that will be useful for ppl who don't have qriocity, even though I do get it here in the UK
    Last edited by kc1598; 11-20-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the headsup, I don't have to worry when my PS3 dies now

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    Thanks for the headsup, I don't have to worry when my PS3 dies now
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    Looks quite similar to Qriocity but if it works for the other people then I guess that is an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Just to clarify, once i deactivate all ps3's i then just sign in on my current ps3 to reactivate my account on my system?
    Once deactivated on your account, you can log in to the account and then activate it on any PS3 that you want since you freed everthing

PRO Member

On the account management screen it said I had 3 PS3 active. I hit deactivate all, then I went back in and it said I still have 3 PS3 systems active. I hit deactivate all a second time but it said I have recently used this option.

What the hell do I have to do to delete my old PS3`s if the bloody deactivate all wont work???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234