Rebellion trying to change their reputation

This is a discussion on Rebellion trying to change their reputation within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Rebellion (Rogue Warrior, AvP) seeking to emphasize quality, rebuild reputation | Joystiq Rebellion, the studio behind Rogue Warrior and Aliens ...

PRO Member

Rebellion trying to change their reputation

Rebellion (Rogue Warrior, AvP) seeking to emphasize quality, rebuild reputation | Joystiq

Rebellion, the studio behind Rogue Warrior and Aliens vs Predator, is looking to change its reputation for less-than-average quality. Speaking to Edge (via MCV), CEO Jason Kingsley says the company is trying to turn things around.

"It's now a deliberate policy to move away from making games that might have been good for business, but not necessarily good for our reputation," Kingsley stated. "You're only as good as the deal you're offered. If someone says 'Can you make me a game in nine months?' then the answer is, 'Probably. But it won't be as good as a game where we've had creative input and the time to mature the idea.'"

Rebellion is currently working on NeverDead and Sniper Elite V2. The road to redemption is a tricky one after high-profile incidents. Just ask Obsidian.
    Oh thank god! I can't say I had a mound of respect for the company... Aside from the Jaguar version of AvP and the original PC version they haven't done or had anything relevant outside of porting other people's work.

Seriously though AvP 3 was so... "meh" and Rogue Warrior was just fucking awful.

I hope they succeed because some of their original titles had some imagination to them (even if they were poorly executed).
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i look forward to see there future projects. rogue warrior was terrible though it was a guilty pleasure for me

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Atleast they realise their mistake, and I look forward to see some good work from them in the future (hopefully) which they have spent enough time on, quality not quantity.

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)