Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FIFA 10 server shutdown

This is a discussion on FIFA 10 server shutdown within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; EA will shutdown FIFA 10 server on December 6, 2011, so now would be a good time to start playing ...

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

FIFA 10 server shutdown

EA will shutdown FIFA 10 server on December 6, 2011, so now would be a good time to start playing online.

[top]December 6, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

• FIFA 10 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
    • FIFA 10 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
    • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
    Service Updates

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

The Girl Gamer

This is why I don't buy any sports games sadly. What's the point of adding online trophies into these sports games and then shutting down the internet after 2 years that you will never get platinum trophy ever?

Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    This is why I don't buy any sports games sadly. What's the point of adding online trophies into these sports games and then shutting down the internet after 2 years that you will never get platinum trophy ever?
    Agreed, but on a different note, if you haven't gotten the online trophies in 2 years do you think you ever will?

Kiwi Defender

Shit, that sucks! I have so many fond memories of playing this online, and now I won't be able to play it again ;____;

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

They should make it that games that have online trophies that have online no more make a update you download that gives you them, personally i hate online trophies

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Shit, that sucks! I have so many fond memories of playing this online, and now I won't be able to play it again ;____;
    same. i remember me and my friends renting the game and doing 2 v 2. now it seems to be the time to move to the green pasture's of fifa 12

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    They should make it that games that have online trophies that have online no more make a update you download that gives you them, personally i hate online trophies
    Please don't start that discussion again.

The Girl Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd00d View Post
    Agreed, but on a different note, if you haven't gotten the online trophies in 2 years do you think you ever will?
    Yes I would get them. If I got GTAIV platinum playing 2 months straight when GTAIV was very slow, I'm sure I can do any sports games online trophies. The problem is I don't buy sports games when they are new. I usually wait till they get to $20 or under, but once they go cheap, it means you only have a year or few months to get the online trophies before they shut down the servers. They just need to add no online trophies if they are going to shut the servers every 2 years just so they can force you to get the new version of the game. It's like EA is saying, "Here's a sports game with online trophies, but you better hurry up and get them cause in 2 years we are shutting down the servers and you will never get the platinum trophy for this game!" Hell, they should even put the sports games cheaper to at least $30 instead of $50 when it releases if they are going to keep shutting the servers every 2 years.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Seriously, I was waiting for this to happen for over a year. I was expecting them to shut it down when 11 came out. That's why I hurried to get the plat for this game back then.

Lvl 6 - Silver

If they can leave the Call of Duty 3 servers up then they surely must be able to leave up any games online service

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    If they can leave the Call of Duty 3 servers up then they surely must be able to leave up any games online service
    hell at least that is a COD, Tony Hawk Ride still has its servers up. But for an EA example Hasbro Family Game Night still has its servers up and trust me there is no one online (luckily there is only 1 online trophy and it is simply play a game)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    Yes I would get them. If I got GTAIV platinum playing 2 months straight when GTAIV was very slow, I'm sure I can do any sports games online trophies. The problem is I don't buy sports games when they are new. I usually wait till they get to $20 or under, but once they go cheap, it means you only have a year or few months to get the online trophies before they shut down the servers. They just need to add no online trophies if they are going to shut the servers every 2 years just so they can force you to get the new version of the game. It's like EA is saying, "Here's a sports game with online trophies, but you better hurry up and get them cause in 2 years we are shutting down the servers and you will never get the platinum trophy for this game!" Hell, they should even put the sports games cheaper to at least $30 instead of $50 when it releases if they are going to keep shutting the servers every 2 years.
    It's not like the game sells due to the trophies, you know ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Ghost Assassin

This is just a move to get people to buy FIFA 12, though if they're going to be closing servers for online after a certain period then they shouldn't make online trophies.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

As Nagflar mentioned, even I've had very fond memories with that game. Hell, I played the demo of FIFA10 for about 6 months before actually buying the game and then getting addicted to playing online every now and then. With other games, I would usually get the platinum trophy and move on, but it was different with FIFA10. Even though I recently bought FIFA12, I'm still going to miss FIFA10 because the gameplays for both games are very uniquely different.

In addition, there are over a thousand people still playing FIFA10... I don't think that they should shut down the servers since it doesn't take over too much of their server's bandwidth either.
    PS3Trophies - Member Since January 2010

Currently Playing: CoD 5 - World at War & Uncharted 2

An old-fashioned cowboy

This is why I am so glad I got my last online trophy for Brutal Legend last week cause I have a feeling Brutal Legend's online servers days are numbered as well. Anyway it's always sad to see a game's online servers close making the platinum for that game impossible.

The Playboy Wikipedia

At least those who have FIFA 10 still have a couple of weeks. The NHL 10 server was shut down on the 1st of October. They'll do the same with the '11 servers when the NHL/NFL/FIFA/etc 13 game comes out next year.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll try for the last time do some of the online trophies left for my 2010 South Africa game....

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I should hurry up and get my Fifa 11 Plat lol
    Currently playing for : WWE'13, FIFA 12, BLACK OPS II
    My : AC2, CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2, CoD: MW3, InFamous, FIFA 11, WWE 11

The only sane person here

This is why I never play an online game from EA, never can't trust them with online servers,

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks for the notice, guess I'll go back to finishing that damn online trophy.
    As for getting them within 2 years, yeah some of those trophies take a lot of time since it's such a drag to keep playing match after match after match.
    After a few hundred matches you've almost seen every fricking thing the game has to offer as in ways to score goals etc, so I took a break from it for a while.
    Seems like now I'll be forced to finish that final trophy.
    Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast