Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

games franchises ruined by other company

This is a discussion on games franchises ruined by other company within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The Twisted Metal franchise for sure! The first two were great and then another company took over the reigns and ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The Twisted Metal franchise for sure! The first two were great and then another company took over the reigns and the game sucked big time! Twisted Metal Black was great though, but I think at that point it went back to the original owners of the franchise.

I have a bad feeling about the new one though. With all the delays, something just doesn't sit right with me and how optimistic I am for it to be released this winter (I think January).

Lvl 10 - Platinum

the ratchet and clank series wasnt ruined by another company, they have all been made by insomniac and theyre all pretty damn good

PRO Member

The Socom series after socom 1 and 2 the others have just been rubbish!

PRO Member

only game i can think off is Jak and Daxter The lost frontier...man what a crappy looking game xD

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWeapon View Post
    The Twisted Metal franchise for sure! The first two were great and then another company took over the reigns and the game sucked big time! Twisted Metal Black was great though, but I think at that point it went back to the original owners of the franchise.

I have a bad feeling about the new one though. With all the delays, something just doesn't sit right with me and how optimistic I am for it to be released this winter (I think January).
    I hope the delays are cause SONY wants to iron out all the kinks cause in my point of view last year should have been the year of the PS3 but it was not. Resistance 3, DC Online Universe, Killzone 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse all dropped off the radar pretty quickly and Uncharted 3 got mixed reviews (every review I seen they compared it to Uncharted 2). The PSN being down did not help either and I am sick of games that come out to soon and then they patch them later. A lot of times that is why a game gets poor reviews and the the developers bring out the patch to fix all those problems but do the reviewers go back and re-review the game, I would not think so. I am just hoping that the studio is hard at work with this baby and are creating the perfect Twisted Metal they can and even maybe the team came up with some new ideas since the announcement of the title and are trying to implement them in the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgear View Post
    the spyro series- insominac games were doing grate with the spyro series on the ps1 it wasnt until the days of the ps2 were insomniac games sold the franchise to seira games who turned the series from a collecting platformer to a kidde simple and easy non-platformer

crash bandicoot- sierra also bought the crash series and just like spyro they turned from an awesome linear platformer game to another kidde game

all sport games- im going to make this simple making a new instalment every year is not a good idea i mean the sport it self is not going to change so y make a game every yeat

call of duty- ok ill just say that COD 4 is my favourite COD everything else is just garbage i mean its just like the sport games why make it every year only to find that with each new instalment they add some little gimmick
    You still collect Gems in all of the Spyro games and to me the games were always easy and kiddie type games.

As for Crash Bandicoot I did not mind Crash Tag Team Racing. But again these in my point of view were always kiddie games

As for the sports titles and Call of Duty. The Reason why they bring them out every year is cause that is their bread and butter and look at the amount of copies sold worldwide. I do agree with you on your point though. But the only way they will stop making those games every year is to stop buying them.

My first pick is DC Online Universe. The character models look great but the environments themselves are boring and a lot of the missions are just not that interesting.

FFXIII. The only FF game that I enjoyed after VII is X all the other ones I have not enjoyed very much.

Lvl 6 - Silver

All Treyarch CODS... I enjoyed Infinity Wards much better. I hope treyarch never makes another Call of Duty because they just ruin the franchise. I was on the edge of not getting MW2 because of World at War.... BUT I automatically was getting MW3... because I love the Modern Warfare trilogy. But yeah, treyarch totally tried at recreating the Infinity Ward magic for COD and failed.
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgear View Post
    name me some video games that have been ruined by other companies or that same company that made that francise ruined there game by adding something to it here are mine for example

the spyro series- insominac games were doing grate with the spyro series on the ps1 it wasnt until the days of the ps2 were insomniac games sold the franchise to seira games who turned the series from a collecting platformer to a kidde simple and easy non-platformer

crash bandicoot- sierra also bought the crash series and just like spyro they turned from an awesome linear platformer game to another kidde game

the rayman series- porbaly the worst out of all of them ubisoft ruined this once awesome series by adding the rabbids im not even that interested in rayman origins because i want 3d rayman game perhaps rayman 4

ratchet and clank series- now the ps2 games are actually some of my... no scratch that they are my favourite games on the ps2 its just the ps3 ones, bare in mind i have no problem with them they are awesome games its just they didnt have the same "feeling" or atmosphere as the ps2 ones

all sport games- im going to make this simple making a new instalment every year is not a good idea i mean the sport it self is not going to change so y make a game every yeat

call of duty- ok ill just say that COD 4 is my favourite COD everything else is just garbage i mean its just like the sport games why make it every year only to find that with each new instalment they add some little gimmick

GTA- the ps2 games were great because u could to whatever u want when ever u want the ps3 games however are too realistic and just got bpring after the first hour do they deserve the 10s they got... no

super mario- again nothing wrong with them but nintendo should just stick with the mario games that work like the 2d and 3d platformer mario games and the kart series and none of that soccer,tennis basketball ect crap... mario party is bearable

now these are mine i cant think of anymore tell me yours or tell me if u agree or disagree with me but please no hate comments remember these are my openion

- F*CKING YES

^ LIKE BROTHERS.

- Yep, one of the best platformers out there's ever been (although, not that that there wasn't many; TOO many, to be firm), and Ubisoft threw it away. Obviously don't give a sh*t and whatever Michael Ancel was smoking had obviously not been grown to a safe standard.

- YOU SPEAK MY HEART, BRO. Definitely bang on here, the PS3 games I honestly and truly
    (as the most arrogantly-forceful BIGGEST Ratchet & Clank fan here) didn't enjoy. They were different, but not in the sense they had the magic of the originals. Far, far too f*cking linear, and the whole experience just felt a bit.... tacky? I just don't know.

To this day, I can't understand why I dislike the 'Future' series so much, despite all the greatness it's had to offer.

'All-4-One' I got over easily, but I still refuse to play it.

- This is true, but if anything, it muddled up my sense on how sequels should work, I mean i've never seen such complaint over a re-hashed title when looking at everything else ever made, it appears the norm.!

Call Of Duty did suck after COD4
    (although, my opinion is rather irrelevant, due to the fact this is where I actually started, like most others), but to this day, the Campaigns (Where COD games have ACTUALLY stood on from the beginning) have been a f*cking riot.

- Honestly not even worth getting into there.
    You may want to ignore Super Mario for the rest of your days, my good sir.

THAT INCLUDES MARIO PARTY.

Well, that's my sh*tty opinion on it all, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    the ratchet and clank series wasnt ruined by another company, they have all been made by insomniac and theyre all pretty damn good
    The 2 PSP games were made by a different company to the rest of the series.

Retired TGT Member

How about a company that I thought would resurrect a series, but only made it worse?

Need for Speed was in the shitter after Carbon. More junk came out. Criterion took the reigns. Hot Pursuit was fucking horrible. I dare not even go try The Run.

Disappointing all around.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Tomb Raider
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    Yeah it's called Arcania a Gothic Tale or something like that. Starting with a fresh name to distance themselves from number 3 probably.

The most popular ones for me are definately Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

When I was a kid these were among my favourite games and platformers were so good back then. One of my favourite was Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage which was such a great game. It was the only Spyro game for PS1 I owned though but on the PS2 I had Enter the dragonfly which I got bored of in an hour and didn't have the same feel. All 3 Crash Bandicoot games were really good on PS1. For PS2 I had The Wrath of Cortex which again lost it and was no where near as good as the classics.

I wish they would release Spyro on PS Store for U.K. Apparently it's in the U.S store and that really pisses me off that the U.S get more stuff and it's completely unfair. I want to play Spyro 2 again!

Lvl 9 - Gold

The most popular ones for me are definately Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

When I was a kid these were among my favourite games and platformers were so good back then. One of my favourite was Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage which was such a great game. It was the only Spyro game for PS1 I owned though but on the PS2 I had Enter the dragonfly which I got bored of in an hour and didn't have the same feel. All 3 Crash Bandicoot games were really good on PS1. For PS2 I had The Wrath of Cortex which again lost it and was no where near as good as the classics.

I wish they would release Spyro on PS Store for U.K. Apparently it's in the U.S store and that really pisses me off that the U.S get more stuff and it's completely unfair. I want to play Spyro 2 again!

EDIT: Sorry for double post ^^ was a mistake

Retired

The developers of the new Twisted Metal are mostly of the original Twisted Metal (1, 2 & Black) developers

Lvl 3 - Bronze

After Twisted Metal 1 and 2, it was all downhill (except for Black), which is why I have my reservations about the new one.

I'm not sure if it switched owners, but Mortal Kombat had a dark age as well.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I hope that this doesn't happen with the new sly game. Also, most sports games don't switch developers, so putting them all into that class isn't completely true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12