Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

games franchises ruined by other company

This is a discussion on games franchises ruined by other company within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; name me some video games that have been ruined by other companies or that same company that made that francise ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

games franchises ruined by other company

name me some video games that have been ruined by other companies or that same company that made that francise ruined there game by adding something to it here are mine for example

the spyro series- insominac games were doing grate with the spyro series on the ps1 it wasnt until the days of the ps2 were insomniac games sold the franchise to seira games who turned the series from a collecting platformer to a kidde simple and easy non-platformer

crash bandicoot- sierra also bought the crash series and just like spyro they turned from an awesome linear platformer game to another kidde game

the rayman series- porbaly the worst out of all of them ubisoft ruined this once awesome series by adding the rabbids im not even that interested in rayman origins because i want 3d rayman game perhaps rayman 4

ratchet and clank series- now the ps2 games are actually some of my... no scratch that they are my favourite games on the ps2 its just the ps3 ones, bare in mind i have no problem with them they are awesome games its just they didnt have the same "feeling" or atmosphere as the ps2 ones

all sport games- im going to make this simple making a new instalment every year is not a good idea i mean the sport it self is not going to change so y make a game every yeat

call of duty- ok ill just say that COD 4 is my favourite COD everything else is just garbage i mean its just like the sport games why make it every year only to find that with each new instalment they add some little gimmick

GTA- the ps2 games were great because u could to whatever u want when ever u want the ps3 games however are too realistic and just got bpring after the first hour do they deserve the 10s they got... no

super mario- again nothing wrong with them but nintendo should just stick with the mario games that work like the 2d and 3d platformer mario games and the kart series and none of that soccer,tennis basketball ect crap... mario party is bearable

now these are mine i cant think of anymore tell me yours or tell me if u agree or disagree with me but please no hate comments remember these are my openion

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

F.EA.R.?

I love F.E.A.R., it 's one of my favourite franchises and consists of my favourite game character, but Day 1 studios deserve to burn in hell for that atrocious pile of shit they released back in June.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

PRO Member

The Tomb Raider series went to pot when it switched from PS1 to PS2, Angel Of Darkness was the worst. The series has never been quite as bad as that since (Legend was much better and Underworld on PS3 is alright too) but its also never fully recovered to where it was with Last Revelation and Chronicles in terms of gameplay.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Metroid other M

Lvl 5 - Silver

resistance 3 was ruined by trying to appeal to the COD generation of gamers instead of its true fans
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Only 3 games I think was ruin was GTA 4, DC universe online, GT5

Huge Gaming Backlog

I'll say GT5. I'm probably going to make some enemies here but out of all the types of motorsport in the world why did they add NASCAR? I just don't see the thrill in driving around in a circle. Actually driving a real NASCAR I can see being a thrill but it doesn't cut it in a video game.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Regional Manager of War

GTA IV
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    Perfect Dark
    Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast
    Resistance 2
    Halo Reach
    Dead Space Extraction
    MK Vs DC Universe

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The Call of Duty franchise has ruined Uncharted 3's multiplayer, because Naughty Dog tried to make if more like COD instead of staying true to Uncharted.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | My YouTube | Uncharted 3 - RFFN Clan Best Plays | Uncharted 3: Drake's Inception | My Uncharted 3 Stats | My Uncharted 2 Stats | Join RFFN | Arkham City Secret - Pregnancy Test | Epic Doctor Who Trailer

Retired

Spyro - Activision
    Crash Bandicoot - Activision
    Jak and Daxter - High Impact(?)
    GTA IV - Another Rockstars place
    All I can think of

The One and Only

Need for Speed

The PS1 and PS2 games were awesome, but after Most Wanted, when the series started becoming available for the PS3, it just went downhill from there. Undercover is currently the worst NFS game ever.

The Run is pretty decent though.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Resident PHD

Tony Hawk-Activision
    Guitar Hero-Activision
    Spyro-Activision
    (I am seeing a pattern here)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 5 - Silver

Resident Evil, dont take this on the wrong side but it was a survival horror now it's just another pumped action game. thank you Capcom
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 6 - Silver

The Gothic series. The Gothic games were originally a PC exclusive open world RPG involving Quests and great original stories. The First game you are a Prisoner thrown into a prison mining colony full of convicts that rule the land split into three non-allied non aggressive groups who each run some sort of trade essential to the colony.

Anyways an Epic story unfolds ending with the defeat of a mighty monster that is a sevant of an ancient God of Beasts. The sequel takes place on the island but on a much grander scale and an expansion even adds old ruins on the other side of the island accessed via portals. The game is in essence about leaving the land but dealing with a mighty threat first.

The third game is were it failed, they released the game BROKEN! so badly broken the community had to do what the lazy developers couldn't and fix the game. Then they tacked on a god awful and needless expansion called Forgotten Gods which I won't go into. Then we have Gothic IV Arcania and of all the things they could do they give us a new hero, when the first hero's story isn't even Resolved Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Need for Speed.
    And don't get me started on Tony Hawk.

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    I'll say GT5. I'm probably going to make some enemies here but out of all the types of motorsport in the world why did they add NASCAR? I just don't see the thrill in driving around in a circle. Actually driving a real NASCAR I can see being a thrill but it doesn't cut it in a video game.
    Couldn’t agree more Going around an oval track 90 times, with cars of equal HP is way to repetitive, and boring for me.
    There’s also not much skill required. “Just give it a little bump-draft redneck”
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Player Hater

Pretty much all of the examples mentioned are games still produced by the original developers. There's only a few that have been ruined by another developer taking over... most have been 'ruined' by the original developer, if not the original team. This is a good idea for a thread, but I think most of the examples could fit into 'Which game series has lost it's shine'-style thread, as they don't fit into this topic.

PRO Member

The merge Squeenix. FFXII and XII just seemed off from the rest, and not for the better. I still enjoyed them for what they were though.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    The Gothic series. The Gothic games were originally a PC exclusive open world RPG involving Quests and great original stories. The First game you are a Prisoner thrown into a prison mining colony full of convicts that rule the land split into three non-allied non aggressive groups who each run some sort of trade essential to the colony.

Anyways an Epic story unfolds ending with the defeat of a mighty monster that is a sevant of an ancient God of Beasts. The sequel takes place on the island but on a much grander scale and an expansion even adds old ruins on the other side of the island accessed via portals. The game is in essence about leaving the land but dealing with a mighty threat first.

The third game is were it failed, they released the game BROKEN! so badly broken the community had to do what the lazy developers couldn't and fix the game. Then they tacked on a god awful and needless expansion called Forgotten Gods which I won't go into. Then we have Gothic IV Arcania and of all the things they could do they give us a new hero, when the first hero's story isn't even Resolved Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
    Yea i loved gothic 1 and 2. I thought they were so original and unique in terms of the story. Then 3 came out and bleh after that i stopped following the game, i didnt even know they came out with a 4th.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hyro View Post
    Yea i loved gothic 1 and 2. I thought they were so original and unique in terms of the story. Then 3 came out and bleh after that i stopped following the game, i didnt even know they came out with a 4th.
    Yeah it's called Arcania a Gothic Tale or something like that. Starting with a fresh name to distance themselves from number 3 probably.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast